SOLD Windwalker Sale #4: a Starter ESPT Set Plus Extras (Newbie Sale) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I overestimated the zeal of newbies for new chips. I must be an anomaly. Oh well.
I'll say I wasn't ready to spend this level when I was only a 1 month n00b.

But when I was ready to spend that, I had "missed" out on a lot of good deals that haven't come back around. I chalk it up to growing pains and learning lessons.

noob criteria is 1 month? pretty sick if someone comes and get them, honestly

Yeah, honestly -- this idea was born from a PM I got last week from a newbie who was sincerely asking how I got access to all these sets, and that he had been trying for days, but no-one would give him access to the nicer sets because he was new. I thought this sale might help with people like that! :)

it is a little insane that these haven't been claimed yet.
dibs on the 3x barrels T5000 if available
If split, I would take the 25s.
Dibs on set, or extras, whatever is remaining.
(If no newbies)
If said newbie passes on ROFR for extra t100s or no newbie dibs by the deadline :whistle: :whistling: Dibs On extra t100

Edit: even just 10x to 20x or so. Whatever said person doesn’t need :)
dibs on 1 barrel of t100 :)
Dibs on 40x T1000
Dibs on 100 T1000 extras (I think that’s what’s left if I read prior dibs claims right). If there’s more available, I’ll dibs those too.
If no newbies and previous dibs fall through, I'll take them all. :) Dibs!
Dibs.

(backup to newbies or wherever else this puts me in line).
I would be dibs on T100 x 50
in the event that there is a split and anyone previously claiming dibs is deemed to be an “asshat” I would like the 25s and 100s.
Dibs on the set and all the extras. Not a newbie, however.

I meant by a noob!!
Just poking fun Mel. You are sooo right! But it does take most of us a little longer than 1 month to realize what chips we're after and are willing to spend this kind of money on. From the looks of it, 2-8 month members are pretty well represented in the list of dibbers.

Can we all just agree on taking a deep breath and giving this thread a rest (for, like, I don't know, 11 hours)?

A @Windwalker thread without hysteria, salt from a person or two, and a bunch of chip junkies fighting over their next fix?! Sir this is PCF.

Now where’s the giraffes?! :D

A @Windwalker thread without hysteria, salt from a person or two, and a bunch of chip junkies fighting over their next fix?! Sir this is PCF.

Now where’s the giraffes?! :D
34F538F8-6895-4470-B568-ABF7894E87D7.gif

If 1 month is the criteria for being a noob, that means I can stop thinking about this and he back to my CCs and unicorns...

a newbie who was sincerely asking how I got access to all these sets, and that he had been trying for days, but no-one would give him access to the nicer sets
Oh, he'd been trying for DAYS? Poor guy.
This reminds me of a crybaby I used to play with. One time, he complained that he should just leave because he hadn't gotten a hand all night. At the time, he'd been there for fewer than ten hands.

This reminds me of a crybaby I used to play with. One time, he complained that he should just leave because he hadn't gotten a hand all night. At the time, he'd been there for fewer than ten hands.

I think new chippers don’t understand the actual relativity of time in the hobby, to tell the truth. Especially if they’re just looking for “nice chips” and don’t know much about the mechanics or the specifics. To anyone looking for something nice, sending 30-40 messages over 10-12 days and getting rejected everytime can feel disheartening.

It takes a bit to understand the time some people take to build their sets. I was reading about someone on the forum who has taken years to build one rack of Bellagio $5s, for example.

I wasn’t being sympathetic, I was being empathetic.

LOL. Your guy must be an easy mark. Throw him a bone every once in awhile to keep his kind around. When I play, I really don't mind the bad hands. Easy to fold. What I hate are the good hands that constantly get beat by better hands and river rats!

If a noob is on the fence here....perhaps this can help you take the plunge. Look at the LONG list of non-noobs who have placed dibs on these chips. And the list of members who would love to buy these but haven't bothered to place dibs, that list is even longer.

If you're on the fence, take a chance! These are the best tourney chips I've ever owned. If you decide not to keep them, you will have NO trouble selling them. But if you decide later than you want to build a set of these, you will likely find it fairly tough to do, AND it will likely cost more than this.

This is an incredible opportunity. I hope a noob will take advantage of it!

(and let's get on to sales #5 and 6, lol)

Well, I’m a relative nOOb, but I don’t meet WW’s definition (6 weeks not 4 weeks) so I won’t try and “but” anyone’s dibs...

The point of my post is to say, as a nOOb, I found my difficulty in buying is the relative speed with which desirable things are “dibbed”. I have seen multiple dips and “backups” within the first 3 minutes of a posting. Let’s also not mention all the “shout outs” to others (I don’t know the slang for using @whoever) and the retraction of dibs (IMO if you say dibs, you bought it). Other than that, if I happen to “get lucky” with my timing, every single person here has sold to me (and delivered the product) without issue. I will continue to lurk and try to scrounge what I like. :watching:

Now please only read that as feedback, I have owned thousands of Paulsons over the last three decades (and have probably given away at least half that many). I’m also fortunate enough to have enough money to buy whatever I like (it’s just that I’m sooper picky). Therefore, I wish everyone good luck in finding, and obtaining the chips they want.:)

Dibs...on the whole kit & kaboodle!

Sorry all!

Thanks to Mel for the gentle nudging! And a huge thanks to Krish for the awesome opportunity!

What @navels said exactly. You won’t regret grabbing it whatsoever. You’re going to find yourself staring it at for no reason, on a daily basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom