Giveaway Windwalker Giveaway #1: 1000th Post (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logged in to @navels PokerMavens site on my iPhone earlier, which is how I was planning on playing the first hour or so of the tourney (if I make it that long lol).

First tried with mobile Safari, and was unable to successfully sit down at a table without constant screen rendering issues, undesired window resizing etc. :(

Next tried with mobile Firefox and at least was able to sit down and play, but same screen resizing/rendering issues came up, albeit somewhat less frequently.

Finally tried with mobile Chrome and had similar results to Firefox. Which may be a placebo effect/me getting a little more familiar with the site because as I understand it Safari, Chrome and Firefox for iOS all use the same browser engine.

Counterintuitively, I had a better experience with screen resizing using the desktop display setting in PokerMavens than the mobile setting.

Logged in to @navels PokerMavens site on my iPhone earlier, which is how I was planning on playing the first hour or so of the tourney (if I make it that long lol).

First tried with mobile Safari, and was unable to successfully sit down at a table without constant screen rendering issues, undesired window resizing etc. :(

Next tried with mobile Firefox and at least was able to sit down and play, but same screen resizing/rendering issues came up, albeit somewhat less frequently.

Finally tried with mobile Chrome and had similar results to Firefox. Which may be a placebo effect/me getting a little more familiar with the site because as I understand it Safari, Chrome and Firefox for iOS all use the same browser engine.

Counterintuitively, I had a better experience with screen resizing using the desktop display setting in PokerMavens than the mobile setting.
Yeah I couldn't view anything really in Safari. I gave up.

I guess I'll just have to make sure that I pass out near my computer on Sat. night. :)

Good call. I've not been on PokerMavens.Net before. I don't see a login screen. I'm assuming we'll get some instructions, but I'd rather figure this out before Sunday. Am I missing something?

Pro tip for anyone using their PC at home. Disable any malware and/or AD blocking software. The client/host connection requires a heartbeat to keep in sync. Many of users have experienced lag and drops and this has been the fix for my players.

Also if it freezes during your hand, it will kick into disconnect protection. Don't wait for it to come back in its own, refresh your screen and log back in, you will now be current.

Mobile users -being on wifi is better then cellular.

When I originally conceived of this giveaway, I wasn’t expecting more than 20 or 25 people to take the quiz, and definitely did not anticipate the amount of participation / fun this has brought about, and now with 40 members playing the tournament, I wanted to make the bubble even more bearable.

So tomorrow evening, I’ll be announcing an additional giveaway, which will now become the prize for second place. A 500-piece, kinda historic Sunfly hybrid set.

Pictures of all 5-place prizes to come tomorrow night as well!

Good call. I've not been on PokerMavens.Net before. I don't see a login screen. I'm assuming we'll get some instructions, but I'd rather figure this out before Sunday. Am I missing something?
It’s been posted about 3 times, and is now also in the Original Post. There’s only so much info I can give, lol.

When I originally conceived of this giveaway, I wasn’t expecting more than 20 or 25 people to take the quiz, and definitely did not anticipate the amount of participation / fun this has brought about, and now with 40 members playing the tournament, I wanted to make the bubble even more bearable.

So tomorrow evening, I’ll be announcing an additional giveaway, which will now become the prize for second place. A 500-piece, kinda historic Sunfly hybrid set.

1603257995365.png

In all seriousness, this may be the PCF event of the year decade. Thanks for the generosity and fun!

Amazing!

Also...
1603258301150.jpeg

I tried making an account, but spaces were not allowed in the name so I went underscore instead. Marius_L. Hope that's all good. If not, let me know :tup:

Screenshot_20201021-094310.png

TOURNAMENT DETAILS: (BOTH TO PLAY AND WATCH)

For all players, as well as people who plan to rail / watch, please pre-register WITH YOUR EXACT PCF USERNAME on this site. It’ll make kicking off / watching the tournament much easier.
click on the bold writing with the underline.

Also for anyone who is having trouble getting in or using the site. feel free to PM and i will be happy to help out

@navels does this mean the tournament would allow late registration deep? Like when only down to last 2 or 3 players? That seems problematic

64F7137C-4C41-4AC9-BAB5-6D4D0A1278B1.jpeg

@navels does this mean the tournament would allow late registration deep? Like when only down to last 2 or 3 players? That seems problematic
I'll fix that.

And to clarify: yes, you need a ticket (which I am manually adding to the appropriate accounts).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom