Windwalker’s Chipping Journey in Pr0n0grAph1C Detail (22 Viewers)

Man you don’t gotta do him like that. While it’s impossible to see, it’s also impossible to unsee. New labels would be inbound if that was my set. It would drive me insane.

No, it’s all good. The hundo and $500 are just Photoshop renderings. The $1, which is color-matched, is @Gear completed work.

I’ve never been fully happy with the BTP lineup, and have been hunting for options to keep the circus theme and frivolity going, but stay within the 39mm THC world. Below are the results of dozens of option reviews.

I opted to go with a fat-spot / thin-spot alternating theme, and the inclusion of a green in every chip.

I didn’t really want to mix leaded and unleaded here, but because the conditions all match, I think it works.

qVU5ZJn.jpg
If only that $500 spot was petunia instead of green!

Looks like there’s still room for an epic tri-moon frac. Sherbet green/Mexican rose/would both be sweet contenders. Maybe the AS snapper but a bit of a stretch.

If only that $500 spot was petunia instead of green!

Looks like there’s still room for an epic tri-moon frac. Sherbet green/Mexican rose/would both be sweet contenders. Maybe the AS snapper but a bit of a stretch.
Yeah that green spot on the AS frac is great

When I had my labels done, I got the same colored flag for all of the chips because I couldn’t figure out which chips I’d be using for them.

It’s a cool feature on the original chips, for sure.
It’s little details like those colour matched flags that help make the Big Tops so great.

I can understand the desire to tinker with the lineup, especially the 43mm denominations. I did the same thing with my AS cash set; just couldn’t handle the mixed 39mm and 43mm sizes.

I’ve never been fully happy with the BTP lineup, and have been hunting for options to keep the circus theme and frivolity going, but stay within the 39mm THC world. Below are the results of dozens of option reviews.

I opted to go with a fat-spot / thin-spot alternating theme, and the inclusion of a green in every chip.

I didn’t really want to mix leaded and unleaded here, but because the conditions all match, I think it works.

The $1 is amazing @Gear work. The hundo and $500 are just Photoshopped renderings for now.

AYr5yyS.jpg

That 5hundo is bonkers. Wow.

Haven’t done a set shoot in a while, and I broke out the Jack Detroit high-stakes cash set for a game that’s happening tomorrow.

Only IHC set I own, and one of the first ones I ever bought. Extensions courtesy of @Gear, with a lot of help from @Steppenwolf.

m8cRv1u.jpg

OXa1KBn.jpg

v9EPS18.jpg

o7Q3bqN.jpg

IeJFi2y.jpg

kovWCiN.jpg

L5uOH3E.jpg
Beautiful set! It seems though generally speaking u try to avoid IHCs. Do u not like them? What about mixing them in for higher denominations? Just curious.

Beautiful set! It seems though generally speaking u try to avoid IHCs. Do u not like them? What about mixing them in for higher denominations? Just curious.
I don’t like them in general, for the same reason I don’t like RHCs. I do however, love IHC v1. Smaller inlay; more room for the hat & cane. Cleaner.

960A94B9-E30F-4FAE-9EF3-03C6B0E2279F.jpeg
8785CA15-823B-4D79-A3F9-2A0F3275C395.jpeg

Omg those Derby’s!!!
Also, can you reiterate the reasons you don’t like RHC as well, I’m curious. Have you messed with many leaded RHC sets?
I think it’s just personal preference.
- I tend to the think the outer circles that rim THCs provide balance and harmony to the mold.
- RHCs feel “incomplete” to me for that reason.
- RHCs have the top hat and cane close enough to the edges that a lot of use could see chipping into the mold that’s unsightly.

- I tend to the think the outer circles that rim THCs provide balance and harmony to the mold.
- RHCs have the top hat and cane close enough to the edges that a lot of use could see chipping into the mold that’s unsightly.
What mold would you use if you made a CPC set? You might've said it somewhere and I missed it maybe, but I'm just curious.

Same. But, also, I think the RHC hat just looks weird, and not in a good way. The top corners are rounded off, making it look like a derby. The brim is short and stubby; the sides are straight rather than curved. The cane is short and thin, making it an odd adornment rather than a featured element. The design just looks awkward and perfunctory, lacking the elegance of the THC hat and cane.

Been trying to get @pacmartine to sell me his 80 NL/NC $1ks for a while, but Phil has them locked in stone like Excalibur. :)

I had to improvise, and after a ton of searching, I finally have a TRK set that can play into a $50/100 NLHE game, with 7 racks of minty $500 chips.
what are the chips to the left of those?

I know iam a "stupid degenerate with zero lifeskills, judgemental sociopath, waste of space and you dont know why i even exist".
but i was still wondering whether you find these chips yourself or if it is the same woman who worked full time for you hunting rare comic books?

Been trying to get @pacmartine to sell me his 80 NL/NC $1ks for a while, but Phil has them locked in stone like Excalibur. :)

I had to improvise, and after a ton of searching, I finally have a TRK set that can play into a $50/100 NLHE game, with 7 racks of minty $500 chips.

View attachment 797949
I don’t even like TRK and these are still insane to me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom