Why is Suede better than Suited Speed Cloth (1 Viewer)

Different suedes from different manufacturers can be very different. I've felt some suedes that are kind of fuzzy and no good. So I'd never order one sight unseen (or un-felt.)
I'm surprised how many people have said ssc is stiff or hard. There is some cheap chinese ssc that is stiff crap. But I find the real stuff to be perfect.
Everybody's entitled to their tastes and opinions but much like chips, I'd say get samples first!

Another downside I have found with SSC is the roughness of the cloth fades the printing on some decks of cards much faster than the gaming suede @T_Chan sells. There is a place for both and I use both. Tony's gaming suede felts are top class, but more expansive that SSC.

This is the biggest negative of SSC to me, far too rough. If you factor in the number of packs of cards you'll get through with either option you'll get closer to even money.

Suede is no doubt still more expensive but you get that lovely softness and a bespoke design.

Just so happened I posted this the other day, all the total "wear" on 2 packs of Desjgns ...

LWd8BER.png

...that's around 200 hours usage at a guess - you can hardly see the handful of whites flecks on just 7 cards. That's on a Chanman cloth, there'd be snow across the board if SSC (in my experience of pub games using it)

Last edited:
What about color printing? Can metallic colors that actually reflect light be printed on either gaming suede or on SSC?

Eh, all of them reflect light in some way, can you show us an example of what you mean?

Haha true, every object reflects light. I mean a print that looks like real metal (left & middle) vs a print that only has RGB/HEX gold color (right) but does not look metallic.

1707922540662.png
1707922827351.png
1707922563117.png

Last edited:
He's not on pcf much, I've nudged him to check his messages.

Haha true, every object reflects light. I mean a print that looks like real metal (left & middle) vs a print that only has RGB/HEX gold color (right) but does not look metallic.

View attachment 1273522 View attachment 1273527 View attachment 1273523

Custom prints are usually dye sublimation, so no, can't do metal foil. If you want that, you're better off with an iron on vinyl transfer but that will peel off over time.

He's not on pcf much, I've nudged him to check his messages.

Custom prints are usually dye sublimation, so no, can't do metal foil. If you want that, you're better off with an iron on vinyl transfer but that will peel off over time.
I'm getting the notifications - as mentioned to BlackOakRC, this one was a mail client fail :eek:

For anyone trying to reach me - I can be reached at rays@chanmanpokertables.com too.

Thanks

I've had both, and much prefer the suede cloth over SSC. SSC is for sure much faster, but the suede is fast enough.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom