Suited speed cloth too stiff (2 Viewers)

Kreon25000

Reaction score
Hello to all.
Looking for advice regarding suited speed cloth. I ordered this fabric to make a poker table top, but it cannot be applied smoothly. Since it has zero stretch, no matter how much you try to stretch it, the surface remains uneven and wavy.
I tried ironing it, but without much success.
Watching all the poker table making videos on youtube, I've never seen anyone have such a crazy problem. Most of them are stapled to the surface upside down, flipped over and the playing surface is straight/smooth, without checking it while stapling.
The material is VERY hard as plastic.
Is the problem with the material or the method I used to put it on the table?
Maybe someone has some tips.
Thank you very much in advance.

Hello to all.
Looking for advice regarding suited speed cloth. I ordered this fabric to make a poker table top, but it cannot be applied smoothly. Since it has zero stretch, no matter how much you try to stretch it, the surface remains uneven and wavy.
I tried ironing it, but without much success.
Watching all the poker table making videos on youtube, I've never seen anyone have such a crazy problem. Most of them are stapled to the surface upside down, flipped over and the playing surface is straight/smooth, without checking it while stapling.
The material is VERY hard as plastic.
Is the problem with the material or the method I used to put it on the table?
Maybe someone has some tips.
Thank you very much in advance.
That doesn’t sound right, man. I’ve built 3 tables with speed cloth, and it always applied silky smooth. You should ask your supplier if this is a quality issue….maybe?

I had the same problem you’re having using less expensive Amazon suited speed cloth. Then I got a higher quality product here:

https://www.texaspokersupply.com/products/build-a-table/suited-speed-cloth/

I did my best to copy the @T_Chan installation here:

It came out great.
ED93FD23-717E-41A2-824F-EB7D13A7E247.jpeg

Yup. I have the cheap Chinese crap on one table topper that I reupholstered myself (yah, no stretch) and the good stuff on my Gorilla table. It’s like night and day.
Not only is it totally worth paying for the good stuff, but if somebody offered me a pile of the sharp stuff stuff for free I’d tell them to keep it.
Also, I’ve seen my share of “ssc sucks” comments here over the years - I wonder how many of them are based on the cheap crap?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom