Why is baseball the best sport on the planet? Discuss. (7 Viewers)

IMG_8298.jpeg

I like baseball a lot but this playoff seeding should probably be revamped. As it stands the twins would be seeded #3 in the AL, despite being bad. Congrats to the #6 seeded wild card team. Tough shit for #5. At least #4 gets home field.

And then #2 gets to face the winner of that 3/6 matchup. Much preferable to either the 4 or the 5 team.

I wonders if the Rangers or Astros end up tanking the last week to secure the #2 seed…there is certainly an incentive there if they have the division locked up.

I like baseball a lot but this playoff seeding should probably be revamped. As it stands the twins would be seeded #3 in the AL, despite being bad. Congrats to the #6 seeded wild card team. Tough shit for #5. At least #4 gets home field.

And then #2 gets to face the winner of that 3/6 matchup. Much preferable to either the 4 or the 5 team.

I wonders if the Rangers or Astros end up tanking the last week to secure the #2 seed…there is certainly an incentive there if they have the division locked up.
Feels like the Jays are tanking to get that last WC and play the Twins.

Definitely 1,5,6 should be on one side and 2,3,4 on the other. Why should 6 ever get the chance to make the ALCS without having beaten the best team to get there?

Feels like the Jays are tanking to get that last WC and play the Twins.

Definitely 1,5,6 should be on one side and 2,3,4 on the other. Why should 6 ever get the chance to make the ALCS without having beaten the best team to get there?
They could even keep it 3-6 and 4-5 and just reseed after. 1 plays worse seed advancing, 2 plays better seed.

That’s what NFL does

Long Island Ducks game last weekend, right before a rain delay:
IMG_4833.jpeg

I’ll take 100 of these minor-league games to a pro game anytime. The last pro game I went to was a Yankee game, and after parking, tickets (in right field), and concession, 2 adults and 2 kids was over $600.
F that.

Baseball is the best sport, dumbest and most boring game, ever.
On this planet, or any other. It's just next level stupid and boring.

Discuss.
Didn't read any of the 15 pages of replies, but I do consider baseball at the highest levels to be the perfect game, in terms of overall design (distances, rules, velocities, etc.) when combined with the average corresponding althetic abilities at those levels. And it contains many, many nuances not readily apparent to the uneducated viewer.

It's also very much a mental game as well as physical -- the very best players are only successful roughly 1/3 of the time. If you can't mentally deal with failure, then baseball's not the game for you as a player.

Not necessarily the best sport, mind you -- just the most perfectly designed for balance and equality of both the offense and defensive sides.

Because it's the only sport in which a guy would be happy to have four balls.

Without even being a swinger.

And thousands -- possibly millions -- of people would be happy to see them, and would applaud/yell/scream with joy.

Then he could steal three bases, be safe at home, and the police wouldn't even be after him.

Relatedly, for baseball enthusiasts who are struggling to understand the newest rule changes and implications since the advent of the pitch clock– I've been really enjoying the breakdowns from this umpiring-specific YouTube channel and figured others in the thread may find it interesting. They usually post a breakdown of most ejections and controversial rulings pretty quickly, so it's a nice resource for lovers of the game: https://www.youtube.com/@CloseCallSports

Lifting more pints with the Mariners!

View attachment 1187869

Fuck Yeah Mel!!!! GO M's!!!!

(sorry I am a Cardinals fan, we have 11 world series championships and I am contractually obligated to disclose this information) -- yes, we suck donkey balls this year....wtf?

Also, I am rooting for Julio to make the HOF. The kid has IT!

HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!

Fuck Yeah Mel!!!! GO M's!!!!

(sorry I am a Cardinals fan, we have 11 world series championships and I am contractually obligated to disclose this information) -- yes, we suck donkey balls this year....wtf?

Also, I am rooting for Julio to make the HOF. The kid has IT!

HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!
As long as he doesn't f-up like another of your Rodriguez's did

In Oakland on business and wouldn’t you know, my Mariners are in town too against the AAA’s.

IMG_8588.jpeg

Watched the famous Zack Hample make an amazing catch over the 2nd deck railing and he gave me the ball. So I gave it to my coworker and she got a photo with him.

IMG_8590.jpeg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom