WHOOOT!!! Give Away, My One Time Worked (1 Viewer)

Great news!

The loudest member of our family - Raja

Although that crown is very quickly being over taken by my 13 month old

Glad to hear your pup is on the mend Bill!!View attachment 274749

My 10 year old golden retriever Carling (yes, named after Carling Black Label beer...classy, I know, right!!) sure looks vicious when she yawns!!

@Boother36's dog Carling (yes I have a pic of Boother's dog on my phone...so what?)

IMG_20180826_004018674.jpg

Updated to here. Please check the OP to make sure I didn't miss anything.

I just got a call from the vet. They found a couple of sharp objects in his intestinal wall. She removed those. Said everything looks great. There aren't any gaurantees. Were very hopeful that this was causing his chronic vomiting.

I'm just really fucking happy I didn't have to put him down.

Wow. I’m getting deja vu. First of all, great news!

{edit - just saw you posted Deja Vu chips in the post before this. That’s surreal}

As for the deja vu, about a decade ago, our bulldog Max starting chronically vomiting. We took him to a (crooked) vet who told us he had a rare kidney and liver disorder and they could do a $20k experimental surgery that probably wouldn’t work. Max was getting up there in age so we decided to take him home to live out his final days and we’d put him down when it looked like he couldn’t go on.

Flash forward a few days. Max couldn’t eat or drink anything. Threw up any food or water he tried to digest. And he went to lie down in the back yard to die. It was time. I decided to take him to our old (trusted) vet with the kids to say goodbye.

We get to the (trusted) vet and he asks if he can take a quick X-ray. Comes back in the room a few minutes later to show me the X-ray. Apparently there was no “rare kidney or liver disorder.” The dog had just gotten into the trash and swallowed a corn cob that had become stuck in his intestine and that was causing the vomiting. They did emergency surgery (which should have happened days earlier if the first vet wasn’t running a racket). And I, too, vividly remember being really fucking happy I didn’t have to put him down. Long story short, his surgery saved his life and ended up giving him another five years or so, which also enabled him to meet my youngest when she was born a few years later.

So hopefully your story also provides you with more years with your dog.
86F3E912-46CC-4AD1-8DCB-9768A241226F.jpeg

Last edited:
Here are my girls Penny and Lola! Penny (brindle) is a 1 year old whippet and Lola (black and white) is a 10 year old Italian Greyhound!

Penny
View attachment 274770

Lola
View attachment 274771
We love our Iggy! His name is Reepicheep.

He was ridiculously cute as a pup. We had just lost our beloved golden retriever after 12 years, and my wife and son fell in love with him immediately. He was the last of the litter, and had a broken tail (still has a “knuckle”), so and we got a scratch-and-dent discount! :D

Last edited:
Wow. I’m getting deja vu. First of all, great news!

{edit - just saw you posted Deja Vu chips in the post before this. That’s surreal}

As for the deja vu, about a decade ago, our bulldog Max starting chronically vomiting. We took him to a (crooked) vet who told us he had a rare kidney and liver disorder and they could do a $20k experimental surgery that probably wouldn’t work. Max was getting up there in age so we decided to take him home to live out his final days and we’d put him down when it looked like he couldn’t go on.

Flash forward a few days. Max couldn’t eat or drink anything. Threw up any food or water he tried to digest. And he went to lie down in the back yard to die. It was time. I decided to take him to our old (trusted) vet with the kids to say goodbye.

We get to the (trusted) vet and he asks if he can take a quick X-ray. Comes back in the room a few minutes later to show me the X-ray. Apparently there was no “rare kidney or liver disorder.” The dog had just gotten into the trash and swallowed a corn cob that had become stuck in his intestine and that was causing the vomiting. They did emergency surgery (which should have happened days earlier if the first vet wasn’t running a racket). And I, too, vividly remember being really fucking happy I didn’t have to put him down. Long story short, his surgery saved his life and ended up giving him another five years or so, which also enabled him to meet my youngest when she was born a few years later.

So hopefully your story also provides you with more years with your dog.
View attachment 274765
One advantage living two miles away from one of the top veterinary schools in the world is that there is never a shortage of alternative diagnostitians around town.

We live our Iggy! His name is Reepicheep. View attachment 274773

He was ridiculously cute as a pup. We had just lost our beloved golden retriever after 12 years, and my wife and son fell in love with him immediately. He was the last of the litter, and had a broken tail (still has a “knuckle”), so and we got a scratch-and-dent discount! :D
View attachment 274774
We also had another Italian Greyhound (Gracie) who died at age 8 due to an enlarged heart. We miss her so much! She was a “biggie-iggy” at 25 pounds! All muscle.

237E815A-4FDC-4520-9B6C-53D57796E304.jpeg

Barking asshole? I thought that was a chronic condition that @MatB suffered from.

I doubt if Matt's even been to Barking. It's a classy town. Now Raving(enham) might be another matter entirely...

I don't need an entry either, but here's my former boy, Astro, now my brother's due to my allergies, but coming back to stay with us for several days next week:

Attachments

• DaBoy.jpg
    DaBoy.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 60
Glad everything worked out with your fur baby. We had a cancer scare with our Bailey girl a few years ago. We were told she only had a few months to live. Praise God it was a false alarm.

Both of our cats were rescues. The white one, Tank, we got from a shelter as a kitten. He had worms really bad and almost didn't make it. Now he's a healthy and loving little terror.
The siamese, Tia, had lived in a cold basement for 5 years. She had chewed off all her fur from the middle of get back backwards. She was essentially bald on the back half of her body and had huge trust issues. As you can see, she's come a long way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom