Interest Who’s Ready for – Aria’s Plaques! (9 Viewers)

Is it possible to have pics with a poker chip next to the plaques for the size comparison?
I think the PCA GB was for the smallest 2 sizes:
01D3E241-F69E-44FB-885F-800D9CB5BA6A.jpeg

Is it possible to have pics with a poker chip next to the plaques for the size comparison?
Here's some pictures from the PCA Plaque thread: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/pca-plaques-cards-mold.78522/

1647703288408.png

1647703432182.png

1647703489234.png

The plaque shown above is the 68x48mm size, the smallest size that Chenlin offers (the size of the "10" plaque in this post above).

Subjectively, to me the 68x48s are "very small". I wouldn't want to use them as the main plaques or the only plaques in a set; they just don't feel substantial. If there were three different sizes I think the 68x48s would work very well as the smallest size.

If we label the five sizes like so:

#1 - 68x48mm
#2 - 81x56mm
#3 - 94x66mm
#4 - 107x75mm
#5 - 118x82mm

Then IMHO the #3 is the size I'd use for a main plaque or the only plaque in a set. It feels about right. Not too small to seem of no importance, not so big it dominates the table. Beyond that, the more denominations you have in play, the wider range of sizes would be reasonable to have.

For two plaques, I'd go with #2/#3, or #3/#4, or #3/#5.

With three plaques, I'd go with #1/#3/#4 or #1/#3/#5.

... but it's all subjective, and there's not really any wrong answers. Plaques are just cool no matter how you stack 'em. :)

Here's some pictures from the PCA Plaque thread: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/pca-plaques-cards-mold.78522/

View attachment 881081

View attachment 881082

View attachment 881083

The plaque shown above is the 68x48mm size, the smallest size that Chenlin offers (the size of the "10" plaque in this post above).

Subjectively, to me the 68x48s are "very small". I wouldn't want to use them as the main plaques or the only plaques in a set; they just don't feel substantial. If there were three different sizes I think the 68x48s would work very well as the smallest size.

If we label the five sizes like so:

#1 - 68x48mm
#2 - 81x56mm
#3 - 94x66mm
#4 - 107x75mm
#5 - 118x82mm

Then IMHO the #3 is the size I'd use for a main plaque or the only plaque in a set. It feels about right. Not too small to seem of no importance, not so big it dominates the table. Beyond that, the more denominations you have in play, the wider range of sizes would be reasonable to have.

For two plaques, I'd go with #2/#3, or #3/#4, or #3/#5.

With three plaques, I'd go with #1/#3/#4 or #1/#3/#5.

... but it's all subjective, and there's not really any wrong answers. Plaques are just cool no matter how you stack 'em. :)
Thanks! Great post!

I'm out of town this weekend, so I haven't been posting much. But this pretty closely summarizes what I've been thinking. The general consensus seems to be but the smallest is too small. I tend to agree. I'm leaning towards number two for the two smallest denominations and number three for the larger one in each set.

Personally, I don't care for the really big ones. But that's just me so I'll go with what makes the most people happy.

Sorry, I forgot one thing. I also don't like too many different sizes in one set as it just creates a storage issue.

Definitely interested. I like the 107mm size best, more of a standard rectangle. Design wise I like the single spot colors. I would be in for cash $100 and $500, likely in the amount of 25 and 10 respectively. Any way to add a $50 plaque?

I'm interested, but not positive.
I'm trying to put together an Aria's tourney set, I'm in the 43mm GB now for the higher denoms and would order some plaques for the really high tourney denoms...

I'd be down for 9-10 generic all-in plaques if you guys decide to add on some all-in plaques. Maybe they could be double sided and have bounty on the side?

I'm going to make time this weekend to go through all these and tabulate the data. Then I will get John working on the rest of the set.

Keep the posts coming and do let me know any thoughts on the designs and suggestions already posted.

Interested.

I much prefer the matte plaque with inset marbling to the fully marbled plaque.

*I think I'd be in for 20-100 depending on design and size decisions.

Sorry to be late to the party. Definitely interested. Will probably take between 40-60, maybe more, depending on final prices and denoms. Would like to see a 500k & 1 million plaque included in the buy, if possible.

-BCS

I think I prefer the mostly sold w/ marbled "A"...
Would we be mirroring the 25k cranberry chip? and it already looks like grey/orange for the 100k
Are these in multiples of 25? Or only what we need?...

I'd be in for
Tourney:
25k x 25
100k x 25

Would we be mirroring the 25k cranberry chip? and it already looks like grey/orange for the 100k

I'd be in for
Tourney:
25k x 25
100k x 25
From the OP: "I plan to do one for each of the top two denominations in each set, and then add at least one more. So for the cash set; a $20, $100 and $500 plaque. And for the tournament set; T25K, T100K and T250K. Then I wondered, do we want a T-One Million also???"

This could change. I'm still crunching data from this thread and will post an update within the next few days.

No, unlike the chips there is not a 25 plaque minimum per denomination. However, I'm not wanting to have to mail out small numbers of plaques to 50 different people, so it's likely that I will set a minimum order total. Probably something like 20-25 plaques or more per order.

I'm just going to throw this out there. How about 'BOUNTY' plaques? or a triangle cut 'ALL IN' plaque? hmmmm?
Tina has the acrylic PokerStars triangle all in buttons. If @TX_Golf_N_Poker can add these it would be wonderful!

So far it seems like @JAFO @Rjchango @Rodog123 @mnebesny are interested in All In plaques or triangles?

I prefer triangles for differentiation , but plaques are fine too. I would be in for 10 triangles/plaques.

Last edited:
Count me in for some cash hundo plaques. Tens of them.

What's a good total bank for playing 8-player 1/2 NL and PL games, with say a $200-400 cap? $10,000? So I would want 50-60 plaques or so.

I'd be in for
Tourney:
25k x 25
100k x 25
Almost forgot about this.
Apologies, I'm out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom