Interest Who’s Ready for – Aria’s Plaques! (2 Viewers)

TX_Golf_N_Poker

Straight Flush
Tourney Director
Supporter
Reaction score
Greetings PCF family and lovers of Aria’s cards mold chips. I’m sure many of you have seen the wonderful (and CHEAP!) PCA plaques produced by the same company as our lovely Aria’s cards mold chips. Soon as I saw these plaques, and the PRICE, I said to myself – I need some of those!!! And I figured who am I to keep them all to myself? And thus was born the idea to get some Aria’s plaques designed. If you haven’t seen the PCA plaques, hopefully @fishsaybloop and the other owners of these pics won’t mind if I share them.

20211209_210310.jpg

C8D3E9FC-C37B-4A6D-99CA-8CED0026DBEC.jpeg

@Johnny5 and I have been discussing Aria plaques now for over a month. I decided it was time to post an interest thread. Not taking orders here yet, just trying to accomplish a few things. Get some input on our designs and gauge the size of the interest. So without further delay, here are our current draft designs.

ar_pl2c.jpg

ar_pl2d.jpg

You can probably see that the difference between the two designs for the same denomination is that the first design has more of the marbled look, while the second is more like the PCA plaques – a base color with a little of the marble coming through at select locations. These two differences have to do with how the plaques are made. The marble is in the center of the plaque, and on the PCA plaques, you can only see it where there is no printed color. I felt that I wanted to do an Aria plaque with more marble look. But there is another problem. The manufacturer only has 11 specific colors of marble. Since my plan was to produce plaques for some of the same existing denominations we used in the chip lineups, I want the plaques to fairly closely match the chip colors. Unfortunately, the 11 stock colors available are not close matches with the Aria's chip colors.

The solution? John and Clarence were told that the Tina company could use a translucent print over a white marble center, and thus have the base color of the marble look like any color we want. And we could then also possibly have two or more colors of marble on a plaque. So shall we say, option number one is “experimental” at this point. We don’t know for sure that we can have a plaque made that looks just like that. But we would like to try, if the majority agree that we should go this direction.

Here is a photo they sent of two plaques. The top plaque uses a blue marble in the middle with minimal printing on the plaque. Only the gold, black and red is printed. Everything else is the blue marble in the center showing through the clear plastic. In the second smaller plaque, the blue is translucent print over white marble.

image1.jpeg

I know this is a lot for one post, but the final issue is the denominations. I figure, go big or go home, right? I plan to do one for each of the top two denominations in each set, and then add at least one more. So for the cash set; a $20, $100 and $500 plaque. And for the tournament set; T25K, T100K and T250K. Then I wondered, do we want a T-One Million also???

By the way, I almost forgot. Size & Pricing! These plaques are available in 5 sizes ranging from 68 x 48 mm up to 118 x 82 mm. Base pricing, not including shipping or designer fees, ranges from $1.65 up to $2.20 per plaque. The PCA order used the two smallest sizes and the all-in price shipped to my door was about $3.50 per plaque.

I’m going to stop writing here. We need to hear from you now! I'd like everyone interested in ordering these plaques to tell me three things in your posts:

• Do you agree that we should pursue trying to get the manufacturer to make the marble look with the translucent printing? This would involve some test prints to get the look we are totally happy with and to get colors that will closely match the chip colors.
  • Are you good with the denominations suggested? Would you buy T One Million plaques?
  • About how many total Aria’s plaques do you think you would plan to buy? No commitment here, Just trying to gauge the size of the interest.
That’s it for now. Let’s hear your thoughts!

I'm definitely interested in this buy and really like the marble look with translucent printing. I would be interested in a $20, and $100 plaque, and would buy a $500 if you ended up including them in the buy. For the tournament plaques, I would probably be only interested in 100k plaques. I wouldn't see a need for 250k and 1M.

If the prices are close to what you listed, I would probably be in for 100 $20 plaques, 20-40 $100 plaques, and probably 20 - $500 plaques. II would probably get 100 - 100k plaques.

I’m interested. I agree with the marble look with translucent printing so they can match the colors of the chips. I’d be interested in $20 and T25K plaques with an order in the range of 40-50. I’ve been hoping for this GB. Thanks!

• Do you agree that we should pursue trying to get the manufacturer to make the marble look with the translucent printing? This would involve some test prints to get the look we are totally happy with and to get colors that will closely match the chip colors.
  • Are you good with the denominations suggested? Would you buy T One Million plaques?
  • About how many total Aria’s plaques do you think you would plan to buy? No commitment here, Just trying to gauge the size of the interest.

I will buy one of each plaque made, and otherwise have no preferences. Good luck with the project, and good-on-you for taking it up! I have no doubt they'll look spectacular no matter what design you end up going with.

On the 2nd, smaller plaque, the printing doesn't look as clear and the marbling isn't as crisp either. I actually prefer the top plaque. I get it about the colors though.

As far as sizing, I've got both the small and larger PCA plaques. The smaller ones feel like toys :) (ROFL) ... I'm OK if we go with 2 different sizes again, but I think the smallest size should be avoided.

On the 2nd, smaller plaque, the printing doesn't look as clear and the marbling isn't as crisp either. I actually prefer the top plaque. I get it about the colors though.

As far as sizing, I've got both the small and larger PCA plaques. The smaller ones feel like toys :) (ROFL) ... I'm OK if we go with 2 different sizes again, but I think the smallest size should be avoided.
Agreed on the differences between the two plaques. John also pointed out the slightly less clear printing. Ideal would be to have actual marble colors that matched our chip colors. That is a custom option, at an additional cost. I can pursue that and get the information and pricing.

Comments on sizing noted. I like the "cute" smallest size, but understand if some don't. The cost difference is minimal, so starting with size #2 doesn't bother me. I'm not even certain that multiple sizes is absolutely necessary, but we can discuss that later as well.

Agreed on the differences between the two plaques. John also pointed out the slightly less clear printing. Ideal would be to have actual marble colors that matched our chip colors. That is a custom option, at an additional cost. I can pursue that and get the information and pricing.

Comments on sizing noted. I like the "cute" smallest size, but understand if some don't. The cost difference is minimal, so starting with size #2 doesn't bother me. I'm not even certain that multiple sizes is absolutely necessary, but we can discuss that later as well.
And don't get me wrong here; if you go with the smaller size b/c that's what everyone wants, I'm still going to throw my money in your face. These plaques were surprisingly sexy and I'm aching to get some more for other sets!

Lots of options, we probably need a poll at some point (unless there are clear reasons to choose one or the other).

Agree here. I might be interested in 20 $20 plaques, but not if they are going to be on the smallest size

Are the designs going to be based on the Cut Cards?
The proposed designs are in the OP. Second set of pics after the pics of the PCA plaques. There are similarities to the cut cards but they are not exact duplicates.

i'm in most likely 50 - I prefer higher denomination ones pls. Yes I would buy a 1 million dollar plaque FS

Last edited:
Interested in 25 $20 Plaques, (pref small)
would be cool for the option to have the Gray as a Cash $100 plaque. If I get the GB for Cards mold I'd be getting the $100k chip.

Great Designs!

Interested in 25 $20 Plaques, (pref small)
would be cool for the option to have the Gray as a Cash $100 plaque. If I get the GB for Cards mold I'd be getting the $100k chip.

Great Designs!
Just to be clear, there will be both a $100 and a $500 cash plaque. These two are just the first examples so we can decide on what design features we want. Then John will design the rest of the lineup. So there will be 3 cash plaques and 3 or 4 tournament plaques.

OK, I think this photo identifies all 5 of the sizes available.

From Tina: (with notes by me attempting my best guess)
Rectangular shape acrylic poker chips price:

68*48MM USD1.60 ....The 10 plaques
81*56mm usd1.65 .........The 25s
94*66mm usd1.75 .........The 50s
107*75 mm usd1.88 ....The 1000s & 5000s at the top
118*82 mm usd2.20 .......The 100s at the bottom

col1.jpeg

Whoever is running this plaque buy, such as artwork + placing the buy. If you could/want to PM me I’d love to get a side job done and I’ll pay the handler/artwork etc. Really want to get some plaques made and I have zero experience in this field.

Reactions: DRG
Interested in 100 of the various denominations total.
Prefer the 94*66 or 107*75.
Thanks

I would be interested in cash plaques $5, $10, $20, $50, $100. Maybe different sizes for each? 5 denominations 5 sizes.

Is it possible to have pics with a poker chip next to the plaques for the size comparison?
This is an interest thread. Just looking for feedback on design and to get an idea how many might be ordered. Sizes haven't been determined yet but the options are listed above.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom