Which Should I Use in Play? Mint or Slightly Used Chips? (1 Viewer)

Should I put my mint TRK Riverside $5s in play?

• Minty bluebirds in small games, used bluebirds in big games

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gopherblue

Straight Flush
Reaction score
In my TRK Riverside set, most all of my denominations are in mint or near mint condition, except the $5s. I have 1200 used, but very good condition $5s and 500 mint $5s. Presently, when putting the set in play, I've only been using the used $5s along with all the other mint denominations. No real reason for this, except to keep the mint bluebirds minty. But lately I'm thinking I have three options:

1. Keep the mint bluebirds out of play and minty fresh;
2. Play the mint bluebirds when the game is small and the used bluebirds when the game is big; or
3. Futz it and just play 'em all, and let the mint bluebirds mix in with the used bluebirds.

Any thoughts?

Also, should I play AA in early position against three raisers?

D. Put the used bluebirds away and play with all minty chips. Once they have all become 'used very good condition', bring out the front-runners to rejoin the rest of the clan.

Used until needed in a multi-table cash games... once the mintiness is gone... its' gone... love the mintiness

D. Put the used bluebirds away and play with all minty chips. Once they have all become 'used very good condition', bring out the front-runners to rejoin the rest of the clan.

I agree with this ^^^ UNLESS you'd consider selling just the mint bluebirds at a later time.. then keep 'em mint for the re-sale value.

it sort of depends imo. how noticeable is the wear in terms of stack height and appearance? if not much, mix em up and go crazy.

Unless you are playing a game where you need them all the $5's in play I would keep the mint, well mint.

I struggle with this same conundrum :).

I find myself buying extra of the mint just to keep mint and pet affectionately as I say "My Preciousssss...." while mixing in the rest of the mint chips I need in play to fill out the set as needed.

download.jpg

Last edited:
it sort of depends imo. how noticeable is the wear in terms of stack height and appearance? if not much, mix em up and go crazy.

In stacks the wear is just noticeable enough. Barrels of the used bluebirds are definitely shorter than barrels of any other denomination or barrels of minty bluebirds. Edgewise, the colors of the used chips are just ever-so-slightly less vibrant than the mint chips.

Unless you plan to break the set later, I say play the mint chips preferentially until they become one set.

Put the 500 mint first, and if you need 100 or 200 more on a night, add them last. Afterwards, pick them out and put them at the back of the line.
Next time, do the same, but put 100 or 200 other used ones into the mix.
This way, your used are getting less wear than the mints.
When it's hard to pick out the used... stop trying. You're done. It's one set.

If you want, pull out a barrel of mints and never play them. Those are for petting only.

But the rest of them want to be played.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom