Which chipset is this? (1 Viewer)

horseshoez

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Came across this photo while organizing my photo library. For the life of me, I can't seem to remember the name of these chips. Was one of the first I liked before I knew Paulson's existed.

Anybody remember?

IMG_1533.JPG

^ bingo.

Second photo above NOT courtesy of chip ghoul guide. My old set, on a ChipTalk topper.

I'm going to revert to the metadata on the photo itself. I remember saving these photos probably over 15 years ago, if my memory serves me well. How do the Venerati's feel and shuffle?

I liked my set a lot, especially at 39c/chip when Chipco sets at the time were over a buck (plus no white border ring).

Best guess is that the originals were made by Sun-Fly (Stephan would never divulge his supplier), and I only sold mine because I had accumulated a half-dozen clay tourney sets so they never saw play anymore. If I had infinite space and $$ they'd still be in the collection.

Colors and print quality were so much nicer than the recent Chinese clones that have appeared lately.

That's what it looks like from the few photos I got to see. Colors and details are really nice. My guess is that it would be quite the task to find a set of these nowadays, although I could be wrong.

I liked my set a lot, especially at 39c/chip when Chipco sets at the time were over a buck (plus no white border ring).

Best guess is that the originals were made by Sun-Fly (Stephan would never divulge his supplier), and I only sold mine because I had accumulated a half-dozen clay tourney sets so they never saw play anymore. If I had infinite space and $$ they'd still be in the collection.

Colors and print quality were so much nicer than the recent Chinese clones that have appeared lately.
IIRC there were two runs of these. The first one that you're referring to that had really nice, vibrant printing, and a second run that wasn't as good quality that were likely the non Sunfly Chinese copies. You'll probably remember better than me though, but when I first started up here and was in the market for ceramics at that price point, I remember someone warning me about the Veneratis on sale at that time.

It’s been a while, but I bought a sample set of these from Sidepot, and as I remember them, they had almost an enamel finish to them. I liked them a lot. I might have bought a set and never gone down the Paulson road, but there was one chip that was a problem. Was there no twenty five cent frac? Or maybe it was a bad color?

The .25 cent frac is in the first photo @upNdown, and yes it is very dark color. If it was in a game that happened to use the $100 dirty stacks would be likely. These were one of my first chip loves, still have a decent amount. Some of them seem to be the original run, others later ones. For sure a dip in quality.

Came across this photo while organizing my photo library. For the life of me, I can't seem to remember the name of these chips. Was one of the first I liked before I knew Paulson's existed.

Anybody remember?

View attachment 1181781
This

Anybody remember?

View attachment 1181781
Where did you find this picture? This was my first "real" chip set, wish I could still add on to it!

I thought these matched the OP at first, but I see they are missing a vertical line along the side. Does anyone have any feedback on these?

IMG_4669.png

This

Where did you find this picture? This was my first "real" chip set, wish I could still add on to it!

I honestly can’t remember. I was digging through a picture folder that needed to be organized. Those pics were in there for almost a decade. Still own the same set?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom