Where is Will Kassouf? (1 Viewer)

Speech play of Will Kassouf can be annoying.. I agree but is not verbal abuse.
People can put they own threshold of "verbal abuse" whenever they wan't, it's fine..... still William's talks isn't verbal abuse.

Uhmm. I've learn the other day that opening a door to a woman it's now called 'benevolent sexism' and i's bad because it's sexism...
...... snowflakes ..........

9 high like a boss, heart of a lion :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:.

Go watch the matuson clip...his behavior might not be as bad as you remember it. Certainly nothing I would describe as “abuse”.

And as soon as matuson lobbies for his hand to be killed, she gets no sympathy from me.
I thought she was kinda pathetic. That kind of talk wouldn't bother me at all. If you don't like it, just ignore him.

I've played sports my entire life, and needling your opponent is commonplace. Even cricket, the poorest excuse for a sport, has sledging as part of the game.

I don't understand why people are so opposed to people talking at them In poker.

That being said, im not a talker in hands at poker, it's not part of my game, so you won't catch me doing it. It just doesn't bother me, unless someone is being particularly obnoxious.

His tanking would bother me far more.

Benger was the one that embarrassed himself if you ask me. Khassouf seems like an annoying, but amusing kind of guy, but no big deal. Benger on the other hand seemed like a proper snowflake.

Last edited:
I don't understand why people are so opposed to people talking at them In poker.

Maybe out of context because I don't know the Matuson story.

For me, poker is as much a social endeavour as a competition. If I want to spend my time getting badgered my some idiot, I might as well stay home and get nagged by the wife.

Maybe out of context because I don't know the Matuson story.

For me, poker is as much a social endeavour as a competition. If I want to spend my time getting badgered my some idiot, I might as well stay home and get nagged by the wife.
I don't disagree with you at all and im one of the chatty/sociable ones at the table usually (outside of hands).

I usually just grin to myself and put my head down if someone is attempting to get some info via talk. And if they talk too much I just tell them to stfu.

I just don't like the fact that it's almost totally excluded from the game. But as with anything socially, there's a line that most wouldn't cross. Khassouf probably does take it too far, but it's hard to tell when all you see if highlights.

Even cricket, the poorest excuse for a sport, has sledging as part of the game.
speak_english_snl.gif

His tanking would bother me far more.
Yeah, it's the amount of time he wastes with the 'speech play' nonsense (detest that term) that bugs me.

If I know he is entered in an event I'm playing, the only words or response he will ever hear from me during his time-wasting ramblings is "clock" -- because my card capper will be a stopwatch, which I will visibly start on his action, and promptly call clock after 60 seconds, on every action, every hand, every time.

Just my way of entertaining myself during his bullshit antics, instead of getting pissed at the amount of play time the table is losing because of it. If it speeds up his play, great, and if it tilts him, so much the better. :)

I found will kassouf pretty entertaining. I really didnt have a problem with anything he said. The wasting time / tanking constantly would bother me though.

My first thought when seeing the title of this thread was “who cares?”

I haven’t changed my view. Dustbin of poker history.

Having a slower than average table is profitable in a MTT. I don’t tank because I don’t want to slow it down, but if someone else wants to slow it down for me, more power to them, tank all day bro while we ladder

If I know he is entered in an event I'm playing, the only words or response he will ever hear from me during his time-wasting ramblings is "clock" -- because my card capper will be a stopwatch, which I will visibly start on his action, and promptly call clock after 60 seconds, on every action, every hand, every time.

lol. This is the right way to handle it. I would pay money to watch this as it would be hilarious.

I love the expression of the guy in the video that calls clock in complete deadpan fashion. Perhaps not the first time that day...

I had a guy do this to me the very first game I played ever. He did it multiple hands in a row, it was probably evident ibwas nervous although everyone said i had a stone cold expression.

The first time he did it I thought for what fealt like an eternity if i wanted to call or not (i had a nice stack so i was fine) he kept going "I have a straight" "you should fold" "do you think I'm bluffing" "I've got you covered" "you can call" I felt like screaming at him but I never said a word. Bet had already gone around for a few thousand in chips in the pot, everyone else had folded. I let him have that one, I folded he said he he was bluffing.
Immediate next hand, same thing, down to just me and him again. This time I called his rather large bet, I had top pair of kings and the rest of the board had 0 outs, all low cards no suits. He continued to talk until we got to the river card at which time he doubled the bet, and leaned into the table and stared at my face. I sat for a few seconds and locked eyes with him, neither of us blinked for at least a minute. I called and showed my K, he was quiet for a short period of time, I took a nice chunk of his stack. Few hands later we combined tables, and he busted out not long after that.
Come to think of it I havent seen him at the game since.

I definitely found him annoying and I wouldn't want to play against him, but I understand how it could be good TV for some. However, if I was at his table, I'd be calling clock on him constantly. Tanking for no reason is more annoying than a loud mouth to me.

That being said, I have often considered that it could be quite entertaining to watch a televised cash game where the group of players are encouraged to fuck with each other - i.e. trash talk, angle, slowplay, etc. Everyone would go into the game knowing that's the case obviously. Picture Hellmuth, Matusow, Sheikhan, Kassouf, Tony G, Deeb, Luke Schwartz, Bellande, etc just going at each other. I wouldn't want to play at that table, but I'd watch it.

I don’t mind the talking on it’s own, but I find Kasouff’s tone and cadence in particular almost nauseating. I can’t imagine having to listen to him chirp for hours on end. If he developed his sound of his “speech play”, not just what his words, for maximum tilting effect, it’s pure genius.

I don't believe Benger was using his outburst as a strategy to get WK to call. I think that is giving Benger too much credit. He talks about the situation in this video and it sounds more like he was just under pressure and thought WK deserved a tongue lashing.

I've never seen that interview. Thanks for posting it.

ROOOOoooooooFL @ Kassouf for trying to get Benger penalized for his "speech play" after the hand.

rofl.gif

Having never met either one in person, I could be way off, but am I the only one that thinks Benger kinda looks like @justsomedude?
Come to think of it I havent seen him at the game since.

I think he's been playing across the street.

But, uh, Worm's been around plenty. He's run you up just under seven grand.

Having never met either one in person, I could be way off, but am I the only one that thinks Benger kinda looks like @justsomedude?

I think he's been playing across the street.

But, uh, Worm's been around plenty. He's run you up just under seven grand.
Big fat Filipino?

Was Benger the one that was a cs pro before becoming a poker pro?

That's a life i would like to lead.

Was Benger the one that was a cs pro before becoming a poker pro?

That's a life i would like to lead.
year late but saw this, believe he played pro cs:s
weird to see doug polk playing csgo lol

always nice to see people talking about cs here (im 4k hours deep..)

year late but saw this, believe he played pro cs:s
weird to see doug polk playing csgo lol

always nice to see people talking about cs here (im 4k hours deep..)
I played an ungodly amount of cs source back in my uni days. 7 hours of lectures a week and the best internet connection possible lol.

Then I got back into it 5 years ago playing Cs GO. But I kept finding excuses to skip the gym and everything else to play cs. So I forced myself to sell my setup lol.

Still the best video ever

View attachment 396101

How can you say that with a straight face? He brought on everything that he got that year.

There's a saying here in the US: "talk shit, get hit." Basically meaning, for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. And Kassouf got exactly what was coming to him. Call it whatever the hell you want... "speech play," strategy, needling, angling, whatever... he was rude and unprofessional by many standards of poker. And he still got far better treatment from tournament officials, and many other players, than he really deserved.

So don't go around pretending that everyone else in the tournament were "the true villains." You just can't be taken seriously with that kind of argument.
in the uk we use the words, "chat shit, get banged"

I played an ungodly amount of cs source back in my uni days. 7 hours of lectures a week and the best internet connection possible lol.

Then I got back into it 5 years ago playing Cs GO. But I kept finding excuses to skip the gym and everything else to play cs. So I forced myself to sell my setup lol.

Still the best video ever
can't forget too much for zblock by phoon, the bhop wizard

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom