What's your favorite non-alcoholic beverage? (3 Viewers)

Usually get one or two of these a month at the grocery store near my office when the wife needs me to get a few things. It's Dr. Pepper but WAY better!

1648484296534.png

For anyone with time to burn that doesn't know what Irn Bru really is, the National Library of Scotland has a video from 1988 about the beverage. I almost want to travel to Scotland just to try it - provided I can only find a Scottish to English dictionary. :unsure:
Or, you can just go to your local Publix.

I recently found that they have Irn Bru in the UK section of the international foods aisle.

I may or may not have had about one a week since I discovered this last month.

Or, you can just go to your local Publix.

I recently found that they have Irn Bru in the UK section of the international foods aisle.

I may or may not have had about one a week since I discovered this last month.
Sadly, I have already checked Publix. That is how I came to the conclusion in the Brekkie photo that the beans were Heinz.

I'm largely certain that I will find Irn Bru unpalatable. But for a beverage to survive 100 years and bounce back after being banned during WWII, it's gotta be worth the try.

...and Liz in now onboard with the Scotland trip.

"Liz, what do you think about trying some Irn Bru"?

"Sure, but I thought Publix didn't carry it".

"No, but I found a place that does. It's in Glasgow"

"... Um.... ok"

:tup:

In a country that produces so much outstanding single malt whiskey, why would there even be a market for Irn Bru?

OK, maybe in baby bottles for the newborn...

That's one heck of a big cup. And I hope those are coffee beans... o_O
The days of the "standard" 6 oz. cup of coffee are long past. Nothing less than an Ajit Pai mug of joe will get my day started.

When I began learning how to roast coffee, the instructions said to start with green beans. I buy these since they're inexpensive, locally available, and already cleaned and cut.

c9836441-6be8-4eed-9603-73e662a861fa.b3d758b00e674ba6b2aa46bcc370332c.jpeg

Sad that Arnold Palmer wasn’t mentioned until the second page. Those are my go to but I just drink water or some “zero” form of soda. Sometimes I’ll be in the mood for those aloe drinks with the little bits in it.

The days of the "standard" 6 oz. cup of coffee are long past. Nothing less than an Ajit Pai mug of joe will get my day started.

When I began learning how to roast coffee, the instructions said to start with green beans. I buy these since they're inexpensive, locally available, and already cleaned and cut.

View attachment 886204
Oooh, slime *and* stink! Hope you weren't using an electric roaster...

Sad that Arnold Palmer wasn’t mentioned until the second page. Those are my go to but I just drink water or some “zero” form of soda. Sometimes I’ll be in the mood for those aloe drinks with the little bits in it.
When I go to places that offer the Arnold Palmer, I order a Jack Nicklaus instead.

When they ask what that is, I ask them how they make an Arnold Palmer. Whatever they say an Arnie is, e.g. iced tea and lemonade, I tell them a Jack is the reverse, e.g. lemonade and iced tea. I have almost all the wait staff at our golf/tennis club trained by now...
:cool

I never did like Palmer much -- Fat Jack all the way, despite his being from Ohio State. Nobody's perfect.

I’m sorry I don’t understand the question……. lol

But to answer, Arnold Palmer is my go to

Iced tea pretty much year round. Helps to live in a location that's actually not out of the question as well. Arnold Palmer (or Jack Nicklaus) to mix it up, but I try not to overdo it too much in the interest of keeping the sugar intake down.

If you really want to be tempted, Publix supermarkets sell both peach iced tea and raspberry iced tea by the gallon and half-gallon. They don't have decaf, but I can't always resist anyway...
:(

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom