Whats your favorite coffee? (3 Viewers)

You actually roast your beans at home?
No I used the wrong word. Some here have said roasting at home isn't that hard, but I prefer to leave it to the professionals.

I updated my post to say brew at home :)

For day-to-day drip coffee, I’ve tried just about every brand my local supermarket carries, and decided a while ago that this was the best of their offerings:

A227D4D4-C76A-4FBE-B765-F7B17FD2573E.jpeg

Unfortunately I told a neighbor about it, so now there is always a shortage of it on the shelves. Or else others made the same discovery on their own.

No I used the wrong word. Some here have said roasting at home isn't that hard, but I prefer to leave it to the professionals.

I updated my post to say brew at home :)
Maybe it's not that hard, but I have never heard of people roasting their own.

I thought maybe I was missing something...

Ohh another coffee thread. Excellent.

My favourite espresso I've had to date is currently a toss up between Agro Equinox and Tug 6 Beach Cruiser. Both local roasteries around me.

Equinox-Espresso_990x.png
tug6-beach-cruiser-1lb-front_900x-png.1094910

Although I also am very fond of Moja and Monogram beans for both espresso and filter.

At the end of the day, there is a massive difference between grocery store pre-ground beans and freshly ground beans from roasteries. It's like comparing minty THCs to ABS slugged chips.

Lavazza whole bean is the only thing I've tried that is alright from a grocery store, but it's very one noted. Drinkable and enjoyable when brewed right, but not anything special.

Attachments

• tug6-beach-cruiser-1lb-front_900x.png
    tug6-beach-cruiser-1lb-front_900x.png
    696.9 KB · Views: 243
For espresso, I tried a bunch of different beans at first, but it’s a pain in the butt (and wasteful) dialing in your grind for different beans. And I’m cheap. So I’ve settled on Starbucks espresso dark roast whole beans. It’s good and they’ve been consistent for me.
Same here. I always end up with Starbucks's Espresso Dark Roast

I have a subscription to Drift Away Coffee. They’ll send you freshly roasted beans from all over the world, and you can pick which category(s) (balanced, bold, fruit, forget the last one) of bean you like and they’ll only send you that.

Oh, okay. On the screenprint you showed it said 310 grams which is 11 oz. and $35! Because of your reply here I went and ordered it. I hope it's good, thanks.
I hope you like it! I'm on my 3rd 2 pound bag order so far lol

Brewed another batch of cold brew as the Degens killed 5 gallons at the meetup.

This one is White Rock Brazil Sweet Blue.
Pretty sure I'm responsible for a gallon or more of that, and I'm not joking. I drank at least 2-3 pints of that manna every day I was there.

Is that out of CO? I think I've been to a Black Rifle store.
They roast in Utah (and I think TN as well), but there's stores all over Texas. I love their story & their commitment to vets - really cool story out there to them helping Afghan troops escape the Taliban to come work for them too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom