What's the best way to package to ship? (1 Viewer)

HoofHeartedInHere

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I’m getting ready to list my PdC set and would like to know the best way to package them for shipping? They are a little loose in the case they are in. Would chip racks be ok, properly bubble wrappped or is there an even better way? I know they can’t be shipped in the case they are in now.
Thank you!!

Ok, I see the pinned post about shipping.
My question is really more packaging related.
A 500 PdC set is gonna be valuable, and I’m willing to pay whatever is costs to do it right, and will be using UPS or FedEx.
The set is in a nice wooden case but the chips are not snug inside. I was thinking I should buy five of the clear plastic chip racks, packaging the chips in those and bubble wrap it heavily.
Again, I’m not looking for cost saving tips, I’m looking for best way to insure the set gets to its new owner on the condition it’s in now.

Thank you again

I see you replied while I was making my reply about seeing the pinned post and how my question is really a little different

Pack 100 chips into a small flat rate box. You can fit 6 small flat rate boxes (or 5 boxes and a bit of packing material) into a medium flat rate box. Tape the outside really well (including around the box to secure the adhesive seal on the side) and the chips will be very well protected.

I see you replied while I was making my reply about seeing the pinned post and how my question is really a little different
That thread includes a lot more info than just saving money on shipping. It describes multiple ways you can securely pack and safely ship chips.

A roll of this stuff vastly improved my clumsy chip packaging:

https://www.uline.com/Product/Detai...rap-Rolls/Uline-Bundle-Wrap-80-gauge-5-x-1000

Brand does not seem to matter. Widely available at Staples, etc.

IMG_1248.jpeg

Also, the offer I made to you in your original thread still stands. My office is in Dallas. I have shipped a lot of chip and am happy to help you and any buyer out given your health issues. Shipping 500 chips is not that big a deal. Will even donate the Warneke boxes. If the buyer really wants the chip case, that can be securely sent separately.

Wow, I remeber your original offer and am blown away at your generosity at offer still standing. I’ll take you up on it. Seriously, my biggest issue will be getting them to you. I’ll have to have someone take them to you for me. I can do that. Where is your office? And can you help me or advise me what I should do as far as making an auction post?
I’m willing to pay you a fee if you can help facilitate getting this accomplished. It will be a huge task I’ve been avoiding. (Because EVERYTHING I do wears me out before i even start)
Anyway, I look forward to your reply and likely speaking to you at some point.
I guess I should include, I’ve gone downhill since even the bwfinnng of this year and don’t see anything changing for the better so I’m trying to clear as many things like this as I can, so my wife doesn’t have to deal with it after I’m gone.

Wow, I remeber your original offer and am blown away at your generosity at offer still standing. I’ll take you up on it. Seriously, my biggest issue will be getting them to you. I’ll have to have someone take them to you for me. I can do that. Where is your office? And can you help me or advise me what I should do as far as making an auction post?
I’m willing to pay you a fee if you can help facilitate getting this accomplished. It will be a huge task I’ve been avoiding. (Because EVERYTHING I do wears me out before i even start)
Anyway, I look forward to your reply and likely speaking to you at some point.
I guess I should include, I’ve gone downhill since even the bwfinnng of this year and don’t see anything changing for the better so I’m trying to clear as many things like this as I can, so my wife doesn’t have to deal with it after I’m gone.
Will send you a DM.

I’m not sure how it would work, but I fully expect to pay the shipping, and I’m perfectly fine paying for either UPS or FedEx.
Im also open to listening to you as far as who ships, but fully expect to lay, so don’t let any shipping costs sway any decision you make

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom