What type of chip is this? Oaks card club (2 Viewers)

jamesjkim

Straight
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could help identify what kind of chips these are and where I might be able to find some similar. They appear smooth and shiny.
IMG_3747.jpg

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Anyone know what chips are available for consumer purchase that comes closest to the BJ V7 - preferably not as pricey?

Anyone have a shuffle stack of the BJ V7's they'd be willing to let go?

Does anyone know of any affordable plastics that come close to feel?

Does anyone know of any affordable plastics that come close to feel?

Affordable? That's a loaded word, and relative.

The Abbiati GB are high end slugged plastics weighing around 11.5g each and originally cost around $2.40 per chip after shipping from Italy. Look up Crowne Plaza or Park Place.

You're right. I meant at a lesser price than real Bud Jones.

I'll look those up!

I’m actually looking for some sunfly hybrids (posted in classifieds).

From what I’ve read on pcf, it seems like people really like the feel of the sunflys. What are your thoughts @Venturalvn?

From what I’ve read on pcf, it seems like people really like the feel of the sunflys. What are your thoughts @Venturalvn?
I've handled both the 39mm version and the 43mm, smaller inlay version.
The 39mm felt very plasticky to me. Nothing wrong with the chips; I just don't care for plastic. The 43mm version felt a lot better to me. Still hints of plastic, but I liked them a lot. I still regret selling that burro set.
Both chips had the glossy edges, which probably contributed to the plasticky feel.

I love my Sun-Flys - specifically because I like the idea of plastics but HATE playing with them, a sentiment echoed by my players. I had them veto me from using a set of BJ V 7s for the first time in my decades of playing with them across dice chips, china clays, and all other custom variations.

They actually like playing with the Sun-Flys, and have requested to play with them, which also rarely happens.

I don't have enough extra to sell, but if you don't mind returning them, I don't mind sending a shuffle stack of 39mm and 43mm for you to take a look at.

I love my Sun-Flys - specifically because I like the idea of plastics but HATE playing with them, a sentiment echoed by my players. I had them veto me from using a set of BJ V 7s for the first time in my decades of playing with them across dice chips, china clays, and all other custom variations.

They actually like playing with the Sun-Flys, and have requested to play with them, which also rarely happens.

I don't have enough extra to sell, but if you don't mind returning them, I don't mind sending a shuffle stack of 39mm and 43mm for you to take a look at.
PM sent!

Just go with what you like. Bud Jones are great, long lasting chips. Vibrant colors too. As for cost, they're significantly cheaper than Paulsons but you need to accept they mostly won't appreciate in value either. As mentioned you can replicate the feel with Abbiatti, Matsui, Sunfly and Bourgogne & Grasset.

This is why my one holy grail semicustom set is going to be Bud Jones S2s... now if someone could just find a cache of 39mm purple and/or yellow S2s and sell them at a reasonable price, I'd be set up to start designing labels...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom