What temperature do you keep your house, in the winter? (5 Viewers)

Can’t get the temperatures too high in the igloo otherwise the walls melt!!
I let my sled dogs sleep inside the igloo during the day which helps to keep things warm from their body heat. Just need to keep them stocked with Cariboo fat to snack on.

20 daytime
19 evening

17 if at work and no one is home

^^ 68 DT
66 NT
61-62 when at work

Same as @Irish, 69 degrees during the day, the temperatures in the outer rooms (Bedrooms/Bathrooms) hovers around 66-67 degrees.

63 degrees at night.

Holy crap seriously, 80F in the summer in Houston. I'd be a large puddle of sweat. :dead:
When it's 110 outside, 80 feels pretty damn cold! And we have ceiling fans in every room - makes a big difference. The bedrooms are 77 or 78 at night but 85 during the day (when no one is in them).

Summer time is a whole 'nother ball park in our home.. I like it right about 70° 72° and Ben usually has the thermostat around 74° 76° .....

72 all the time. My wife works from home, and I think that she is cold blooded. I immediately put on shorts and a t-shirt when I get home from work.

I'd keep it at 65 all the time, if I had my way. I grew up poor. I'm use to cold showers (8 people in the house growing up :eek:) and a thermostat set to 63.

It’s California and I’m hot blooded so I almost never use the heat unless guests are over. Will sometimes turn on the AC during the triple digit heatwaves but other than that the winters are never too cold and the summers are only occasionally too hot.

Wow, we're so bored this is a topic. I like do 70 and I do like it toasty at night so we don't drop if. If anyone's not feeling well we go to 72. If we are gone for a few days, we'll drop it to 62 and turn the heat back on remotely when returning.

Winter: 69 when we're there. (Nice.) 55 when we're not, to keep pipes happy.

I highly recommend an Ecobee thermostat--it knows when we are home, and adjusts accordingly. Can also remotely turn down or up.

When the woodstove is cranking, it's 73-74 or so.

73F year around day and night. First thing wife does when she gets home is sits on the couch and fires up the heated throw.

Have the Nest thermostat and love it.

we used to keep the temp around 65* to 64* at night.

then my wife rescued a painted turtle, so now the whole fucking house has to be 70* so he doesn't get hypothermia.

No I'm not mad :wtf:

Wow, we're so bored this is a topic. I like do 70 and I do like it toasty at night so we don't drop if. If anyone's not feeling well we go to 72. If we are gone for a few days, we'll drop it to 62 and turn the heat back on remotely when returning.

Sorry! I know, this is a boring topic. But I wanted a sanity check-- to see if I was being unreasonable, wanting the heat above 67 degrees! Sounds like my wife is not being completely unreasonable, as many of you keep your house in the iceberg range too.

FINE, scarf and mittens it is! :(

we used to keep the temp around 65* to 64* at night.

then my wife rescued a painted turtle, so now the whole fucking house has to be 70* so he doesn't get hypothermia.

build the turtle his own little home with a heated rock. I saw a news story about like thousands of these guys being rescued out of one house somewhere.

That’s why we can keep it low. Walk into

build the turtle his own little home with a heated rock. I saw a news story about like thousands of these guys being rescued out of one house somewhere.

He resides in the basement typically, unheated basement. Then as the temps dropped we looked in heating his tank with specialized heaters. Out of the thousand of positive reviews, it only took 1 or 2 to mention how they accidentally killed their turtles for my wife to nix that idea.

Now we have a full 55 gallon tank of water and a somewhat happy turtle? who knows...

I did convince her to let the turtle loose into the vernal pond last year at the right time. Other painted turtles already in the pond also. the Pond is about 120 feet from back of our house.
The pond started to dry up and then all the other turtles disappeared ???? where's Michael?
Dogs go running around the side of the house and Michael was crawling around close to where the basement tank was (inside the house , he's outside)

Anyway long story long..........

He's now upstairs in the living room.

Say hello to Michael. The most spoiled turtle in history of turtles

8B386FE2-FE2A-4447-A46A-6B57862F98DD.jpeg

Last edited:
He resides in the basement typically, unheated basement. Then as the temps dropped we looked in heating his tank with specialized heaters. Out of the thousand of positive reviews, it only took 1 or 2 to mention how they accidentally killed their turtles for my wife to nix that idea.

Now we have a full 55 gallon tank of water and a somewhat happy turtle? who knows...

I did convince her to let the turtle loose into the vernal pond last year at the right time. Other painted turtles already in the pond also. the Pond is about 120 feet from back of our house.
The pond started to dry up and then all the other turtles dissappeards ???? where's Michael?
Dogs go running around the side of the house and Mickael was crawling around close to where the basement tank was (inside the house , he's outside)

Do you sell any of his paintings?

The pond started to dry up and then all the other turtles disappeared ???? where's Michael?
Dogs go running around the side of the house and Michael was crawling around close to where the basement tank was (inside the house , he's outside)

Say hello to Michael. The most spoiled turtle in history of turtles

View attachment 621846
Michael looks like a red eared slider to me. It sounds like the point is moot at this point, but FYI had 4 of them in a big tank in the basement in Jersey with a heater (just in the winter) for like 15 years before they went to live elsewhere. They were just fine lol

For the thirty years we lived in DC, we kept the townhouse at 72. Since moving to Florida, that's crept up quite a bit.

Nowadays the thermostat's set year-round at 77 for cooling and 75 for heating. The heat's been running for a total of 5 or 6 days so far this winter. I actually put long pants on for a dinner last week -- first time in about a year and a half, but it was my wife's birthday, and we were sitting outside. Points is points...

The pool stays at 88-90 all year round. It really felt great yesterday, when the air temp. was 78. :cool :cool:cool

Last edited:

If you had of these, you could keep the house a lot warmer:

1611611830126.png

Of course, they get up to 30 inches long and 90 pounds, and they can jump a foot or two, so they can be a tough rescue.:cool

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom