What size for jumbo index? (1 Viewer)

xdan

Flush
Reaction score
Hey all
I have 4 options for ‘jumbo index’
My design is coming along nicely and arrangements being made to get this order finally happening.

feedback from potential buyers is that they like the kem size index.

I have made some comparisons. As I don’t have any kem on hand as they are one of the worst cards ever made, I have made 4 sizes in the indexes.

from value to pip:
31mm / 35mm / 37mm and 40mm

thoughts?

24A44E46-F6BB-40D9-91E5-8CE0B15C27E9.jpeg

I like the top row. That's the 31mm?

Have you seen the index size of faded spade cards? Not sure how they compare but I find their font/size to be ideal.

Also the blackjack index of desjgn looks good.

PS. Dibs on a setup! ;)

Hey all
I have 4 options for ‘jumbo index’
My design is coming along nicely and arrangements being made to get this order finally happening.

feedback from potential buyers is that they like the kem size index.

I have made some comparisons. As I don’t have any kem on hand as they are one of the worst cards ever made, I have made 4 sizes in the indexes.

from value to pip:

thoughts?

View attachment 670967
37mm

31mm. My group only plays with jumbo index, but I dislike the ones that make you peel half the card off the table to identify the suit! Jumbo definitely, but on the smaller side is my vote.

Are you getting 100% plastic cards made somewhere? Reasonable prices?
Yes mate.
going for a run of poker size cards.
going for a .35mm matte finish on both sides.

faded spade are .36mm and our local guys are loving the extra few mm in thickness.

wait what?
I know right.
we all know I’m bridge size jumbo all the way.
However every game running in Melbournes underground is poker size. NO ONE is using bridge size.
So the plan is to go poker size first, recoup costs then reinvest into a run of bridge size.. if we can gather enough interest

I know right.
we all know I’m bridge size jumbo all the way.
However every game running in Melbournes underground is poker size. NO ONE is using bridge size.
So the plan is to go poker size first, recoup costs then reinvest into a run of bridge size.. if we can gather enough interest
youve changed man. I guess ill just keep these piatnik and dalnegro bridge setups for myself then.

The pips on the 37 and 40 mm iterations looks too stretched out for me. 35mm is the sweet spot.

from value to pip:

thoughts?

So xdan,

How are those measurements done? Faded spade from the top of the number to bottom of suit is 26 mm. I agree with TheDuke, I love the size of the Faded Spade PIPs.

So xdan,

How are those measurements done? Faded spade from the top of the number to bottom of suit is 26 mm. I agree with TheDuke, I love the size of the Faded Spade PIPs.
People have found faded spade to be too small.
I used them in a game on a large table. The community cards were hard to make out.

im liking the 31mm personally.

Based on my measurements (top of number to bottom of suit) King and Fournier poker-sized are 31mm, Bicycle are 33mm. My recollections is that KEM is larger than those, and I felt they were too large in the games where they were in play. I wouldn't personally go larger than 33mm for poker-sized cards myself.

Last edited:
Sorry guys, I know it's just me because nobody else is asking, but these measurements are measuring from where to where exactly?

Thanks, that's what I thought, but based on the numbers being thrown around, I thought it must be something different. I have a LOT of jumbo index cards. The most obnoxiously big max out at about 33. Fournier and Modianos are in the high twenties. I love almost everything about those Bicycle Maroon/Green Jumbo index cards, but the index is just soooo big. That one is a hair over 33.

I say definitely stay at 31 unless you have a visually impaired group!

Anyone have the measurements for desjgn blackjack index cards? Those look pretty ideal as well. Large but not too large.

As others have noted, best is a balance for ease of viewing community cards but not so large as to make peeking at hole cards an exercise of peeling up half the card to see what you've got. Especially if you're playing Omaha.

Anyone have the measurements for desjgn blackjack index cards? Those look pretty ideal as well. Large but not too large.

As others have noted, best is a balance for ease of viewing community cards but not so large as to make peeking at hole cards an exercise of peeling up half the card to see what you've got. Especially if you're playing Omaha.

COPAG , Desjgn , Da vinci

I think the pip is too far from the edge of the card
So that you can't see most of the pips when you peeping.
That's part of the reason I don't like it.

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom