What should I do with these beautiful ASM no mold roulettes? (2 Viewers)

GreekRedEye

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up these beautiful, minty ASM roulettes a few months back. I love them. But I don't know what to do with them!
1. Tourney set? I don't think I have enough chips per denom to make this work.
2. Seating chips or bounty chips or other utility chips? There are a lot, though. And seems a shame.
3. Use them for roulette? I don't have a roulette table (if someone would actually use these for their intended purpose, I might be willing to let them go).

Any other ideas?

1704579033352.png

You don't have nearly enough chips as pictured to run a roulette table, though. 200 identical chips per player is a comfortable minimum (usually 1200-1400 per set).

You don't have nearly enough chips as pictured to run a roulette table, though. 200 identical chips per player is a comfortable minimum (usually 1200-1400 per set).

Good to know. I am not a roulette player - random chance doesn't get my motor started. But maybe I just need to evolve.

I just love the Paulson roulette mold for some reason. Collected a lot although I'm offloading some now via classifieds. And these no mold ASMs are beautiful. I almost have enough to make a 1 table non-traditional color tourney set. But not really. Here is my best shot at putting that together:

1704641575979.png

base T25 tourney for 8 players using 8/8/6/6/x

green = T25 = 65
brown = T100 = 60 of bright brown/pink + 8 of muted brown/pink
purple = T500 = 49
red = T1000 = 51
grey = T5000 = 15

Have you tried oiling? Might help color match.
Just tried. The two below are oiled. They are def different browns and pinks. I think they would still work, but a little tilting. In the end, I'd be scrounging out just enough chips for small stacks for only 8 players. Wish I had just a bit more.

1704644425992.png

Just tried. The two below are oiled. They are def different browns and pinks. I think they would still work, but a little tilting. In the end, I'd be scrounging out just enough chips for small stacks for only 8 players. Wish I had just a bit more.

View attachment 1251779
I’ve got a bunch of solids which are kinda the same but just a hair different in shades also. Different runs or just different colours all together not sure.
IMG_6758.jpeg

They are awesome chips but even racks would have been nice to have also. I’ve been trying to find more solids in a trade thread for months and zero chips found.

They are awesome chips but even racks would have been nice to have also. I’ve been trying to find more solids in a trade thread for months and zero chips found.
Yeah, I saw your wanted ad. Maybe we need to do a combined no mold order from CPC? But I think color matching would be even more problematic then.

Short of just doing a bunch of utility chips with these, I don't know what else to do. Even if you and I combined our sets, does not help as they are solids vs. spots.

Maybe someone reading this knows a non-poker betting game where small stacks of lots of different denoms makes sense? Or even for a board game?

Yeah, I saw your wanted ad. Maybe we need to do a combined no mold order from CPC? But I think color matching would be even more problematic then.

Short of just doing a bunch of utility chips with these, I don't know what else to do. Even if you and I combined our sets, does not help as they are solids vs. spots.

Maybe someone reading this knows a non-poker betting game where small stacks of lots of different denoms makes sense? Or even for a board game?
I just emailed David and the mold won’t run for another year and colours aren’t gonna be a match. What I thought but no harm in asking to make sure. There must be more of these out there and solids. Just need the right person to be reading this.

Make it a limit set, where all chips are equal. I’ll throw in two racks for free (they don’t say roulette, and not all are 312).

So I’m thinking you (or I) might have use for these on a blackjack table. They would need new inserts but might be enough of each color to fill a tray.

Edit: scratch that. Not enough chips actually. Too bad.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom