What Separates a Good Player from the Rest? (2 Viewers)

I think that a good player can go back to the very beginning of the hand and assign ranges derived from bet sizing, hand history, position, and other variables. They can see what kind of story the player is trying (or not trying) to tell with their hand.

I think that range, as an all-inclusive term, is one of the single most important parts of the game. Your range, their range, balancing your range, and how ranges affect one's SPR.

I would absolutely love to sit at w table and play with a great player and at the end of the night have him or her sit down with me and go over good and bad things I've done. Tells, good bets bad bets.... All of it just to give me an objective idea of where I am as a player

I've never really read up on poker strategy and the things you guys are mentioning here. I've played for years and years and I have my own systems that keep me in the black but I would be curious to read up on some of this stuff. Are there any up-to-date books that anyone would recommend?

I've never really read up on poker strategy and the things you guys are mentioning here. I've played for years and years and I have my own systems that keep me in the black but I would be curious to read up on some of this stuff. Are there any up-to-date books that anyone would recommend?

I always recommend Phil Gordon's Little Green Book to people who want to start reading up on strategy, but Ed Miller has written several books on different aspects of the game. You might be better off finding one of his books that suits your needs in a more specific way.

Elky Grospellier also co-wrote what I consider to be one of the best books on loose-aggressive tournament play called The Raiser's Edge. ​I hope this helps in some way.

I always recommend Phil Gordon's Little Green Book to people who want to start reading up on strategy, but Ed Miller has written several books on different aspects of the game. You might be better off finding one of his books that suits your needs in a more specific way.

Elky Grospellier also co-wrote what I consider to be one of the best books on loose-aggressive tournament play called The Raiser's Edge. ​I hope this helps in some way.

Raiser's Edge is a great book, but there is some hefty material in there.

For a first book I still like Harrington on Hold 'em. Straight to the point and easily usable practical information for your game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom