What is the worst Paulson color? Now with a poll! (1 Viewer)

What is the worst Paulson base color? Pick 2

• Total voters
This is almond:

img_7136-jpg.103934

Pic from one of @The Kid post.
Then what is the Tiger $5k base? Off white?

Then what is the Tiger $5k base? Off white?

Supposed to be Almond.

Looks more off-white in the pics but it's really hard to tell from photos on a computer monitor. Have no Tigers to look at in person (I'm probably the only PCF'er to not have any Tigers, lol). Maybe Almond has changed over the years.

Metallic Gold - looks awful as a base color, always looks dirty.

I deeply regret selling a rack of Metallic Gold hotstamps some years ago.

My reason for regretting their sale is just the opposite of your dislike—I loved the color inconsistency. They really looked like raw gold that had just been panned from a dirty stream in California c. 1855.

With all other colors I want consistent racks, but these were really cool. I wish I’d kept at least a couple barrels to use as rebuy or bounty chips.

I voted metallic gold as well. I’ve only seen it on edgespots…and while it looks great on new chips, it doesn’t seem to age well.
Just looks like a drab brown, almost dirty. Maybe it tarnishes?

Okay, Okay, Okay... maybe I have something to add... Not 100% sure what my least liked color is yet, but I'll try to figure it out soon.
HOWEVER, I do think that there may be an overly dramatic?? Not quite accurate?? Abhorrence to mustard due to, well.... something/someone recent... (NOT going into that here, THAT is definitely for a different thread ;))
Anyway, I'm seriously considering replacing my current white 25¢ with mustard...o_O:wow:

But tell me something... You REALLY would be unhappy playing with these?????? Something tells me that most would be just fine if they HAD to use a table full of those.... Just sayin':sneaky:
newtrop.JPG

newtrop2.JPG

...Maybe that's why I'm having such a tough time figuring out what I think the worst color is....
Colon Orange is DEFINITELY the worst name!!! Without a doubt. I mean seriously, I wish I was in the room when they decided that name! THAT would have been something!!! Haha
My biggest question would've been WHY??????????? Haha

Voted Colon Orange and Almond, though I do really like the Tiger $5K chip.

Probably would’ve voted mustard previously, but the recent drama actually made me appreciate the color a little more.

Lots of Paulson colors I'm not a fan of but this might top the list:

paulson-chocolate.jpg

IMnshO, chocolate is a FLAVOR and NOT a "Color"... :D

Attachments

• paulson-chocolate.jpg
    paulson-chocolate.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 27
This is almond:

img_7136-jpg.103934

Pic from one of @The Kid post.
[Tiger $5k is supposed] to be Almond.

Looks more off-white in the pics but it's really hard to tell from photos on a computer monitor. Have no Tigers to look at in person (I'm probably the only PCF'er to not have any Tigers, lol). Maybe Almond has changed over the years.

Props to you. Here's another almond sample in the wild (source):
1691526962393.png

Here are some Tiger $5k chips in the wild (source):
1691527025330.png

I work in digital media and am no stranger to color balance and monitor variation. I think the Tigers were mislabeled — they look like a completely different color (off white in every promo and real-world picture I have seen).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom