What chips are these? (1 Viewer)

Ethan

Full House
Reaction score
What are these chips? My n00b is showing...

Are they cheapos or worth anything?

Attachments

• E571EEAE-32EC-4FA4-9502-8CD4CF2234B5.jpeg
    E571EEAE-32EC-4FA4-9502-8CD4CF2234B5.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 322
Ha yeah that’s exactly what I was looking at. You guys are good. Sounds like i need to steer clear. Thanks!

Nice chips...here are some close up shots I pulled from my BCC color sample set.

BCC MC.jpg

I have a couple old samples of these. They are decent chips. A little lighter than Paulson I think.

Worried about warping. N00b here... how does that affect their playability and value?

Chips don’t just warp on their own like cards can. If chips are warped they were either warped due to faulty manufacturing, for else somethibg stupid happened to them like being left on the dashboard of a hot car. And a lot of people have posted here having success un-warping chips by clamping them together and baking them at low temperatures.
Anyway, how’s it affect playability? Depending on how bad the warp is, it will affect how well the chips will stack. But not really. Most people keep their stacks to 20 and a couple of warped chips isn’t going to mess that up for otherwise high quality chips.
Value? Yes it can affect that. If you get a good look at a rack of chips, you’ll notice the warped ones, and you won’t want to pay as much.
So warped chips aren’t ideal, but they’re not that big a deal either, unless the problem is severe.

Chips don’t just warp on their own like cards can. If chips are warped they were either warped due to faulty manufacturing, for else somethibg stupid happened to them like being left on the dashboard of a hot car. And a lot of people have posted here having success un-warping chips by clamping them together and baking them at low temperatures.
Anyway, how’s it affect playability? Depending on how bad the warp is, it will affect how well the chips will stack. But not really. Most people keep their stacks to 20 and a couple of warped chips isn’t going to mess that up for otherwise high quality chips.
Value? Yes it can affect that. If you get a good look at a rack of chips, you’ll notice the warped ones, and you won’t want to pay as much.
So warped chips aren’t ideal, but they’re not that big a deal either, unless the problem is severe.

Ok cool, that makes sense. Thanks @upNdown!

Nice chips!

If you are looking for more info, opinions, and sweet chip pronz, then a search for Modern Clay or BCC Modern Clay, either here or through a search engine, will turn up some good stuff.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom