Are these worth anything? (1 Viewer)

veintidos98

Reaction score
Cleaning out my grandfathers basement and found some of these old chips, does anyone happen to know anything about these? Are they worth anything?

Attachments

• chips.jpg
    chips.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 313
Those are Paulson starburst chips. There is some value to those. Do you have more or does the picture show the whole lot?

Starbursts are usually worth roughly a dollar plus, with the plus being color - the more interesting / uncommon, the more they're worth. I imagine if you had a hundred of those pinks, you could easily get $300 for them, give or take? But their worth is basically as playable chips in quantity, not as individual collectibles.

Starbursts are usually worth roughly a dollar plus, with the plus being color - the more interesting / uncommon, the more they're worth. I imagine if you had a hundred of those pinks, you could easily get $300 for them, give or take? But their worth is basically as playable chips in quantity, not as individual collectibles.
There’s a lot more than I thought, about 561 chips total. Here’ the breakdown by color:

White – 20
Pink – 69
Light Blue – 81
Green – 190
Bronze (?) – 201

There looks to be a couple different shades of pink so not totally sure if those are considered different colors. Also, not sure if color with 201 is actually “bronze” can’t really tell what color they are honestly. One of the pictures makes them look a little grey but in person they look more bronze-ish.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 203
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    139.9 KB · Views: 204
There’s a lot more than I thought, about 561 chips total. Here’ the breakdown by color:

White – 20
Pink – 69
Light Blue – 81
Green – 190
Bronze (?) – 201

There looks to be a couple different shades of pink so not totally sure if those are considered different colors. Also, not sure if color with 201 is actually “bronze” can’t really tell what color they are honestly. One of the pictures makes them look a little grey but in person they look more bronze-ish.
Probably metallic silver.

Guesses but:
.75-1.25 per chip for the green and white
1.5-2.50 per chip for the pink/light blue
2-4 per chip for the metallic gold (larger range as they don’t come up often at all)

Surest way to get market would be to auction them on here. List them (each color with its own auction) on a thur, start at $1, $1 or $5 increment, end Sunday night around 10ET and bump daily

Guesses based on colours I have seen and handled:

White
Dark Green
Sky Blue
Fuchsia
Metallic Gold

If all of your chips are in Excellent or better condition, I'd estimate altogether would be worth about $850-900 at today's prices. They probably need a little cleaning.

I’m hunting for some green starbursts. Are you interested in selling some of these?

Thanks!

Awesome that grandpa had good chips. Anyone have stories of finding good chips at a garage sale or estate sale?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom