What are your chipping goals? When do you reach your "chipping nirvana" ? (3 Viewers)

A1DD6B85-63EE-4B0B-B634-55EDBD0F5703.png

A nice incident I 've only shared with very few members:
A very new member here (at the time), adored my Horseshoe Pesta 1895 Paulson re-labelled set
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/media/albums/pesta-1895-horseshoe.1746/

and offered me a price.

I felt like a middle-aged lady in a business suit being proposed to be cummed on the face by a passer-by youngster, and said "no".
:rolleyes:

At the risk of sounding flippant I think I am there. I really feel that I have all my needs covered and don’t have any burning itches. If I could make a fully custom Paulson or get in a Time machine and make a new custom TRK set I suppose.

At the risk of sounding flippant I think I am there. I really feel that I have all my needs covered and don’t have any burning itches. If I could make a fully custom Paulson or get in a Time machine and make a new custom TRK set I suppose.
Plus one for the time machine. There's quite a few amazing TRK sets, but I do sometimes wish we would've engaged in this hobby during the TRK era.

I’d like to complete my $1/2 cash set. Also add some fractional to it. Then I’d like a nice 1,000 piece tournament set. I’d probably add another tournament set on top and then I think I’ll be all done!

Back in March 2019, I didn't think I'd buy a single thing.

I broke down and started to buy Paulsons and more Paulsons and really lost control. It's been 2 years of twists and turns. I've missed opportunities and capitalized on others.

I only set out to make a tournament set and a cash set. I don't know if I really have a Nirvana.

I have 9 sets now. I don't know if I'd sell any of them, maybe 1 or 2. I don't know. Maybe if somebody offered me enough for a full set, I'd let one go. I get PMd for bits and pieces of my stuff but I turn down everything and anything, since I am not willing to nuke a set even for some ridiculous offers I've received. I'm not in this for financial gain. I am a collector/host. I was only a host to start, and this chipping thing became a side passion that allows me to further enjoy poker that I'd have enjoyed anyways with dice chips.

I'm done building sets. I've only added on or not bought at all. I think I'm in sets nirvana. I won't be buying unless I'm first selling. If this is Nirvana, for my journey, then I've found it.

That's all I can add for now. I've been trying to quit for months. It's been hard. I really don't buy alot anymore and I can see myself crossing a metaphorical finish line.

Angel to virtuous dead chipper:
"Dying isn't that terrible, after all. It can happen to anybody.:D
Are you sure you miss your poker chips that much?
We 've got so much love around here, man, screw material possessions".:)

No lie. I rewatched Lord of the rings ( binge rewatched)

and Gollum really hit home.

maybe it was that or just having a little self reflection on what I was getting out of accumulating more sets. Or more racks for potential sets.

And it didn’t feel right.
so I purged. And am still purging.

Just keeping a cash set and a tourney set now.

maybe another set will come and then go but that’s ok.

Just to add too. I have very rarely hosted. So that plays a part. Maybe if I had a weekly or bi weekly game I’d rotate sets and then keeping more would be ok.

But.... there are a couple of sets I’ve seen floating around that get my heart pumping.
And would be welcome additions :)

A nice incident I 've only shared with very few members:
A very new member here (at the time), adored my Horseshoe Pesta 1895 Paulson re-labelled set
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/media/albums/pesta-1895-horseshoe.1746/

and offered me a price.

I felt like a middle-aged lady in a business suit being proposed to be cummed on the face by a passer-by youngster, and said "no".
:rolleyes:
We don't need to know about the failed propositions you made to passing cougars in your younger days thanks ;) .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom