What are you listening to? (9 Viewers)

The Dead at Darien Lake
PXL_20210825_224127107.jpg
PXL_20210825_224048422.jpg

1st night was meh....actually disappointing given my absurd expectations.
2nd night 1st set was a 180. A rocking Carini opener gave way to the hishest flying Maze that I have ever seen live. Outstanding first set, and the second set was pretty good.
3rd night was more dancy vibin stuff, no hitters. We had high hopes for at least one of these: Mikes, Simple, Reba, Hood, Antelope, PYITE, YEM, (I could go on here.....but we just didn't get them. I think the Shoreline shows and Dick's closing out the tour will be epic

2nd night 1st set was a 180. A rocking Carini opener gave way to the hishest flying Maze that I have ever seen live. Outstanding first set, and the second set was pretty good.
3rd night was more dancy vibin stuff, no hitters. We had high hopes for at least one of these: Mikes, Simple, Reba, Hood, Antelope, PYITE, YEM, (I could go on here.....but we just didn't get them. I think the Shoreline shows and Dick's closing out the tour will be epic
In the last few years I've become a little disenchanted with the band. From what I've heard of some recent shows the jams are a bit, well... boring honestly. I think my whole thing has do to do specifically with Trey, something is missing with the way he's playing during the jams, I just don't feel it. It might just be me but there's some sort of energy missing. It doesn't happen all the time but more often than not I'm left wanting more.

Anyway, I did see Carini on YT and it rocked indeed. Sounds like you had a good time overall :D

Fun shows - 2nd night was definitely the strongest of the run for me as well, but there were some great moments on the other nights as well. The Gin last night hit some awesome peaks, and I don't know that I've ever heard a jammed out Camel Walk before. No all time shows in the bunch, but it was glorious to be back at a Phish show again!

You doing any of fall tour?

In the last few years I've become a little disenchanted with the band. From what I've heard of some recent shows the jams are a bit, well... boring honestly. I think my whole thing has do to do specifically with Trey, something is missing with the way he's playing during the jams, I just don't feel it. It might just be me but there's some sort of energy missing. It doesn't happen all the time but more often than not I'm left wanting more.

Anyway, I did see Carini on YT and it rocked indeed. Sounds like you had a good time overall :D
They don't feel tight this tour. Between not playing together for over a year and what I assume was a limited practice schedule coming out of covid they are definitely not firing on all cylinders.

Fun shows - 2nd night was definitely the strongest of the run for me as well, but there were some great moments on the other nights as well. The Gin last night hit some awesome peaks, and I don't know that I've ever heard a jammed out Camel Walk before. No all time shows in the bunch, but it was glorious to be back at a Phish show again!

You doing any of fall tour?

Ok, a more detailed version:

1st night: SOAM was TRASH, lol. I haven't heard a worse version live or on a bootleg. That said, Alaska stole the first set for me. Second set, Camel Walk was ridiculously great and I always love me a Chalkdust.....but Trey didn't peak it and premature ejaculated into our ears.

2nd night: Like I said 1st set was pretty epic. Carini went off, Maze went off, 46 days went off. Those were the first 3 songs!! And then we get an Esther!!! Always love divided sky, Boogie on Reggae Woman was FUNKY SICKNESS....Mike sounded AMAZING!! Closed it out with S.A.N.T.O.S which was also amazing. 2nd set: Sand>Disease was nice and ended with a nice Possum

3rd night: Bathtub Gin is where I thought the show might turn the corner into a rager, ALWAYS love Back on the train because my band covered it back in the day, Rift and My Friend were a treat. 2nd set: Mr Completely rocked my shit and appreciated getting a first tube to close the encore.

I unfortunately cannot attend either Shoreline show or Dicks :( ............................or will I? :unsure:

Thinking about Halloween VEGAS actually

1st night: SOAM was TRASH, lol. I haven't heard a worse version live or on a bootleg. That said, Alaska stole the first set for me. Second set, Camel Walk was ridiculously great and I always love me a Chalkdust.

2nd night: Like I said 1st set was pretty epic. Carini went off, Maze went off, 46 days went off. Those were the first 3 songs!! And then we get an Esther!!! Always love divided sky, Boogie on Reggae Woman was FUNKY SICKNESS....Mike sounded AMAZING!! Closed it out with S.A.N.T.O.S which was also amazing. 2nd set: Sand>Disease was nice and ended with a nice Possum

3rd night: Bathtub Gin is where I thought the show might turn the corner into a rager, ALWAYS love Back on the train because my band covered it back in the day, Rift and My Friend were a treat. 2nd set: Mr Completely rocked my shit and appreciated getting a first tube to close the encore.

I unfortunately cannot attend either Shoreline show or Dicks :( ............................or will I? :unsure:

Esther and Divided Sky :tup::p:tup::p:tup::p

1st night: SOAM was TRASH, lol. I haven't heard a worse version live or on a bootleg. That said, Alaska stole the first set for me. Second set, Camel Walk was ridiculously great and I always love me a Chalkdust.....but Trey didn't peak it and premature ejaculated into our ears.

I was able to snag Vegas in the on sale, so I'll be down there for sure. I have tickets for Eugene from when that was gonna be the same week as the Gorge run, not yet sure if I will still drive down there for a couple of midweek early in tour

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom