Cash Game What are the stakes at your home game? (1 Viewer)

I tried that too, but it didn't work for my group. I generally have 100 quarters and 220 ones, 3 or so racks of 5s and some 25s. If I get too many ones in play they ask to color up and the person who rebuys sometimes doesn't even want change for the 5s. When it gets to them it's either fold or a bet that's a multiple of 5.

I have 200 quarters and 400 $1 which makes for nice big stacks :) noone colors up

We have a monthly game. Typically we play a $20 tournament that will run about 8-12 on a Saturday night with 6-12 guys. Then as soon as 3 people have busted out the $.25/$.50 game starts and will run until 3am or so. Most buy in for $40-$60, but will rebuy once or twice. Only once has anyone even asked for the max, and we capped it at 300BB.

Since it's a Saturday night, there are normally a few libations involved, and the game evolves into pretty loose game with a straddle. Last weekend we had multiple $.25/$.50/$1/$2/$4 hands go off, so there is no shortage of action, but it doesn't play huge because everyone is in every pot so the chips just move around the table. I cashed out as the biggest winner that I can remember ever seeing in the game at +$350 last Saturday, and that took the perfect combination of our whale, our maniac, and me getting it all in on the flop with 2 pair v flush draw v flopped straight in one of those $4 triple straddle hands.

Pics or it didn't happen.
tumblr_mlad7cibnt1rxagu2o1_500.gif

$0.10/$0.25 if we're playing Texas Hold 'Em,
$0.05/$0.10 if we're playing PLO
$11 buy in with 1 rebuy for tournaments

Low stakes, long games

Please. Sweden is #90 in the world for obesity rates, while the US is #12 (Polynesian countries take the top 10). Anything the Swedes can do, the US will deep-fry and wrap it in bacon. Everyone in the Norwegian countries looks like those women to an American.

$40 seems shallow - what are the usual raises to? We play 50/50c and our usual raises are 3-4 bucks... buy ins at 100
We play .25/.50 with min buy in of $100. Standard raise is $3+
Last game, everyone decided to buy in for $200. I suggested raising the blinds, but people were content with the current structure. I’m ok with .25/.50 too, even at those stacks.
Are you still hosting with the corona virus? I’m not sure if I’m going postpone my next game. It’s getting crazy around here!

^^Inevitably, no live (even home) poker here, till June heat and wide-open windows.

We play .25/.50 with min buy in of $100. Standard raise is $3+
Last game, everyone decided to buy in for $200. I suggested raising the blinds, but people were content with the current structure. I’m ok with .25/.50 too, even at those stacks.
Are you still hosting with the corona virus? I’m not sure if I’m going postpone my next game. It’s getting crazy around here!
Yeh I am still hosting - everybody is getting their knickers in a twist for nothing, im not changing anything about how I go about my life/travel/work or social. I don't want to get off topic, but everyone needs to chill tf out.

So we are in season 4 of our Tuesday Night Poker League. This is my first season hosting. We do $30 buy in no rebuy tourney for points. Top 10 and ties and top 2 from play in game make final table. We are averaging 18 players. But since I started hosting the cash flows after each tourney. The first 2 months we played .50/1 buy in for $40. But last night (I made a deep run) the guys that started the cash game decided .25/.5 but no capped buy. Buy ins still ranged $30 - $60. I think now we have something though. We broke the $40 mark and now I think I can ramp this to 1/1 $100 buy in....in the next couple months.

Ain't home games fun!

Yeh I am still hosting - everybody is getting their knickers in a twist for nothing, im not changing anything about how I go about my life/travel/work or social. I don't want to get off topic, but everyone needs to chill tf out.
Well alright then, you are going to get an invite to my next game!

Oh, I think we all know what I was wishing for...
View attachment 421614
Where did you get a picture of my exes? I'm so glad I upgraded when I married.

Anything the Swedes can do, the US will deep-fry and wrap it in bacon
This almost made me spit out my morning coffee, LOL!!
You should search for videos of Americans trying "surströmming", try wrapping that in bacon! ;)

Everyone in the Norwegian countries
Wait..what? Which countries are they? o_O

The stakes at your home game are enormous then! ;)

Low stakes/ fun game: $.05/$.10 with a $10 buy in
High stakes / night game: $.25/$.25 with a $25 buy in, also bounty chips and bonus chips in play.
Cool! What does your stack look like for the $.05/$.10, $10 buy in game?

We've got 2 different games with our poker group (all of us are friends). One house does a Limit Game and the other does a (sort of/more or less) No Limit game.

1. Our Limit game is usually $3/$6 with a Full Kill (I know most of you (probably almost all) know what this is, but for those that don't - if a player wins two hands in a row, the Limit game immediately goes to $6/$12, until the winner of 2-in-a-row loses, then the game goes back to $3/$6). However, we've been trending toward a $2-$5 Spread game these days with a Full Kill ($4/$10). We play this for about 5 hours, and then we end with a $20 Tournament/Elimination game (generally lasts 2-2.5 hours). We've switched to this recently (Tournament/Elimination game at the end of the night rather than at the beginning), as when you get eliminated, you can just go home. Always a downside of course - if you run bad and lose early in cash, and you want to play the Tournament/Elimination game (considering you also allotted $20), you gotta wait with no side game to keep you busy. But again, more people like this style - cash first, then Tournament/Elimination.

2. Our No Limit game has a twist - and I'm interested if anyone else plays this style, or something similar to it. Since we're all good friends that play, we wanted to go beyond the Limit game, but not to the No Limit extreme. Here's what I mean - we've got all sorts that play, but we don't want it to be where the guys that have lots of money simply buy in with $500.00 (and rebuy, if need be, another $500 with no problem) and start pushing players around that buy in with say $50.00-$100.00 and that's their max for their night. Yes, we're there to play poker, and yes, we're there to make/win money - but since our games only happen every-other month or so, we like to hang out as well. Not ideal when one (or more) of us is all-out after 30 mins and then leaves. So, after a bunch of tweaks, we built the structure to where you can be a big stack (allowing you to start pushing around if you like), but you kind of have to earn that right. So, to start the night, everyone buys in for $20 (only) and we play $.50/$1.00 NL. The first 10 rebuys of the night (table-wise, not individual-wise) are $20 each; a rebuy is allowed when your stack is 25% or less of the current rebuy level (for those bad at math, a $20 rebuy is allowed when your stack is $5 or less). At the 11th rebuy, the rebuy amount goes up to $40, and now a rebuy is allowed when you have a stack of $10 or less. At the 18th rebuy, the rebuy amount goes up to $60, and now a rebuy is allowed when you have a stack of $15 or less. I think the next level is at 25 (for $80), but we've never gotten there. I think the most money we've had on the table is about $2100. But typically, if someone loses $200, that's a bad night.

Those are our cash games. Again, I'm interested if anyone plays our style of NL, or if you decide to give it a try, let me know how it goes and what you think...

Thanks for reading!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom