We need orders! (4 Viewers)

All the Ewing chips I've handled have been really light. I love the mold, but it that the norm ?

I'll try to do my best @Coyote by requesting a tiny order for another barrel of these, but I'll pay a premium...

1000004929.png

Orders have been very slow over the past few months. Makes it hard to operate the factory efficiently and costs us (well, me) money. Not so good coupled with the recent grinder repair osts.
So, if anyone is contemplating ordering or is in a position to place an order, please do so if you can!!
I’m working on something just need a bit more before I can place it, contact you soon :)

Keep in mind that the machines that makes these chips are steam powered and are likely 70+ years old. They require pretty specifically machined parts that can stand up to high pressures and high temps, with fairly intricate details like the more complicated mold patterns.

We asked JimB about new molds back in the day at Chiptalk and the answer was basically the same.

Keep in mind that the machines that makes these chips are steam powered and are likely 70+ years old. They require pretty specifically machined parts that can stand up to high pressures and high temps, with fairly intricate details like the more complicated mold patterns.

We asked JimB about new molds back in the day at Chiptalk and the answer was basically the same.
He's explained a few times, but it always comes back up.

Getting a consensus on a mold would be next to impossible.

And on top of that, not sure why people think CPC needs a new mold anyway? I assume people mean a THC-esque mold? If so, play with a Jockey mold set. It's what you are looking for.

And pay no attention to the "but it's a jockey" naysayers. What in the world does a top hat and a cane have to do with poker? It's only marketing brand recognition. Had Paulson gone with a hot dog & coke bottle design all these years no one here would ever had recommended putting a top hat and cane on a poker chip.

^^ I agree 1000% percent. I think, push come to shove, people would rather have in order
1) More color options
2) additional spot configurations (I'd personally love a 818 spot, and at level 2 pricing .... or the claw spot)
3) molds

And It's been said many times that some spots, no matter the cost and such, can't be done (V spots).

I mean, If I (played) and hit the lottery, I'd definitely send a ton of $$ for R&D. I don't play, so, there is that.

Oh .. and I have a set of Jockey molds, and love them. its such a great mold

Regarding custom molds, this has come up before. It seemed like the most popular option was ARODIE. You’re still talking about 150 people ponying up $500 or 75 people paying $1000 - before a single chip gets made. Ownership of the mold also turns into a quagmire with that many people involved.

I’d happily be in for 1K but I’m not sure there are even 30 people who feel the way I do, nevermind 75.

Been putting off thinking about an order because I can't come up with an inlay I like... Maybe time to hire someone else to do it :x

Is there a calendar for what molds run when?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom