Was this a good buy? $30 for a sealed vintage kem deck (1 Viewer)

Where on them do they say 1998? They look like ones I bought recently. Might be a good deal but nothing monumental; some of these get opened and are warped, others last for very long times.

Good luck, let us know.

Where on them do they say 1998? They look like ones I bought recently. Might be a good deal but nothing monumental; some of these get opened and are warped, others last for very long times.

Good luck, let us know.
Yeah I guess it’s impossible for the buyer to confirm the age without unwrapping and looking at the code on the :as:.
Maybe the seller remembers exactly when they were purchased? Hmmm…
Anyway, if they are flat, it’s a fine deal, just store them with something on top to keep them flat, in a cool, dry place.

Another topic…1998 is vintage? Lol…I feel old. I have t-shirts older than that.

got ‘em in the mail today. They definitely look aged judging from the side of the deck but not sure if these are really from 1998 as the seller claimed. Also the jokers are pixelated (not sure if that’s bad). The code on the ace and info card is 2422, couldn’t find any info on that online, would appreciate if anyone has any knowledge

@NotRealNameNoSir

Attachments

• IMG_5129.jpeg
    IMG_5129.jpeg
    143 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_5126.jpeg
    IMG_5126.jpeg
    197.2 KB · Views: 75
got ‘em in the mail today. They definitely look aged judging from the side of the deck but not sure if these are really from 1998 as the seller claimed. Also the jokers are pixelated (not sure if that’s bad). The code on the ace and info card is 2422, couldn’t find any info on that online, would appreciate if anyone has any knowledge

@NotRealNameNoSir
Woah, whats the texture on the side of those? I think the same as @Colquhoun ,everything Ive seen code wise has the last two digits being the year. Dont know about weeks.

Pixelated jokers are one of their specialties lol, cant stand them. Nose picking 16 bit character.

Ripoff. Definitely not vintage. Clearly are USPC made modern cards, not original KEMS.

Also not bridge, they are poker size.

Standard eBay scam, say whatever they want in the description and then provide accurate photos so they can tell you they shipped what was pictured and buyer beware.

USPC purchased KEM Cards in 2004. After a two-year hiatus, USPC restarted KEM card production, which continues today

@NotRealNameNoSir
Judging by the original pictures on eBay, the side edges don't match up. The side of the cards looks fine in the pictures. Looks like false advertising with the picture and shipped out another setup.

Seller is 98% rating too so it probably not accidental as eBay is good at protecting ratings.

For the edges, here are a couple of comparisons, although my older iPhone doesn’t have good macro.
2011 WSOP KEMs:
IMG_4956.png

2011 KEMs:
IMG_4963.png

They’re definitely raggedy, but not as much as OP, although I can’t get real closeups

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom