Terrible Kem Customer Service (1 Viewer)

tm0240

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I have been emailing and calling about my deck that arrived January 9th which had a card with an obviously bent corner and blurry jokers among other things. I've been largely ignored, but today the representative was straight up aggressive. I called the number on the KEM website (which I bought it from) and the rep told me he couldn't help me and I should contact the manufacturer USPC instead. When I asked why I had to contact the manufacturer even though I bought it from their site he said it was because "we don't sell bad cards." He was ranting about how the cards cannot come defective shrink wrapped then angrily said "I think you're full of shit" and hung-up on me. When I called back later I was instantly hung up on. This is absolutely crazy to me as I thought KEM was a well respected brand.

I find it funny on the Kardwell International site (owners of the Kem site) it says, "Kardwell prides itself on the knowledge of our Sales Representatives, quality of our products, and fast order turnaround time with many of our products Made in the USA. In this digital age, we understand the value of speaking to a sales representative and encourage existing and potential customers to call us and experience our customer service first hand."

Does any one else have a terrible experience dealing with KEM customer service?

That’s insane. But you’re from Massachusetts so you’re in luck. Amazing consumer protection laws. Google how to write a 93a letter and hit them with one of those.
(Though I’d focus on the bent card and not the blurry jokers. Not sure why anybody would care about blurry jokers or if you can argue that they’re defective.)

Does any one else have a terrible experience dealing with KEM customer service?
I know you already noted that Kardwell owns the KEM.com website, I think they somehow got the domain and are—if not misrepresenting themselves as the KEM company, at least not being clear that they don’t make them. Essentially it’s a vanity domain name for their actual business and does not actually serve as KEM the brand. I’ve also gotten rude responses from the folks at KEM.com / Kardwell.

I think you should contact the manufacturer for support: https://usplayingcard.com/contact-us/.

It is too bad there’s not a real KEM presence online, like there is for Copag USA. Their customer service has been excellent in my experience.

Thats kind of sketchy I did not know Kardwell was masquerading. What is the more "official" channel to buy?

Yeah Kardwell is a POS company, they sent the wrong index cards last year and never replied anything when I informed them about it. I think I’ve read here that they won’t budge on anything until you actually dispute your payment.

Yeah Kardwell is a POS company, they sent the wrong index cards last year and never replied anything when I informed them about it. I think I’ve read here that they won’t budge on anything until you actually dispute your payment.
Kardwell shorted me a deck on a previous order but the other 3 orders with them were seamless. No response when I called them out on the missing deck. Not even an apology. Haven't ordered from them since. Which is a shame because they're the only ones that imported the NTP cards I like. For $8 I just decided it wasn't worth the trouble, which is what I bet they bank on happening most of the time.

Yeah better just not deal with people like that at all, life is too short.

Thats kind of sketchy I did not know Kardwell was masquerading. What is the more "official" channel to buy?
I added a KEM setup to an order I made with Spinnetti’s and the cards were great. The shipping is a bit pricey and the minimum for free shipping is $69, but the cards and other items I have purchased from them are top notch.

Ask them why every single deck I’ve purchased is as warped as my mind on acid…
I’m just guessing about how warped my mind would be on acid…unless I’m hallucinating right now….in which case I’m not that warped. But maybe this isn’t actually happening, man….oh god….am I real?!?!?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom