Was that JJ play post-flop in general good or bad? (1 Viewer)

Basti

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Was this a good or a bad play in your opinion?
I had JJ and called a 3-Bet pre-flop with 4.50$.
On the flop I bet 5$, get raised to 25$ and all-in 27$ with JJ687.
Turns out I'm against KK687 with 43% VPIP, run it twice and win both with ~10% chance.
It for sure was lucky, but how would you have played it?
My thought was that him having a higher pair is less likely with his 43% VPIP and aggressive playstyle, it was risky but I felt like I had a decent chance.
Greetings from a lucky German at the 10$ table

1661438547786.png

Last edited:
JJ is hard to play post flop. It is kind of like having a middle pair. While its a very good hand pre-flop, post flop it can be dicey unless you hit another Jack.

Looking at your particular hand, my main concern would have been the 6-7-8 post flop and also the suited 6-7 of hearts. While you bet enough to push out the flush draws, you are now facing quite a few hands that beat JJ including the higher pairs and also quite a few combos that make a straight.

Also you are sitting on just a pair, and he could have a higher pair, two pair. trips or a straight so the large re-raise post flop would have given me pause.

You are short stacked. No issue getting it in preflop or post flop. You were getting coolered, yet somehow escaped in about the only way possible. TBH, the runouts were pretty gross.

tricky play by YuMc to not jam pre.

Nice that gg lets you run it twice. Hopefully that offer/decision isn’t allowed to take too long though

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom