• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Walmart has Barrington Tables for $149.99 (1 Viewer)

Have been working on mine, some things I’m not happy with. Debating if I want a second guess I better finish and see how I like it.

My table is 90x46 and when we have 10 players at the table it's crowded (almost elbow to elbow). Can't even imagine how you are supposed to fit 10 people around a table that's only 84x42. Maybe it's for children - teach 'em the game while they're young.

I have one, good folding table, just reflect it with your choice of speed cloth and honestly they are pretty nice... I wouldn't go more than 8 people at one table though... it would be very tight!!
I find 9 to be OK. We did 10 once, but there were no hefty players, and it was snug.

Are these the preferred folding tables? I've seen the Pit Boss ones get a lot of crap on here.

Does anyone have experience with this one? The cupholders look deeper than the Barrington, but I can't tell for sure. I'm debating between a folding table and a pool table insert as my secondary table.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Franklin...-087-16e181c70237bb&athancid=null&athena=true

Screenshot_4.jpg

Are these the preferred folding tables? I've seen the Pit Boss ones get a lot of crap on here.
With mediocre expectations I would say buy one of these... save the money on the blue one! I doubt it's much better and the felt is ok, not great... mine could be tighter but again I plan on going with speed cloth anyways which is like 30 bucks on eBay. I have seen a few people felt over the seem which doesnt make sense to me.. yes seems suck but you can't fold it in half for mobility if you don't break it at the seem... just my 2 cents

Does anyone have experience with this one? The cupholders look deeper than the Barrington, but I can't tell for sure. I'm debating between a folding table and a pool table insert as my secondary table.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Franklin...-087-16e181c70237bb&athancid=null&athena=true

View attachment 359197
I've been eyeing this table for a while now as a secondary table once I get a house. Heard good things about it, good cupholders that are deep, too. Like the non-logo felt with a black inner ring. $136 for this 10-person seater is really good. I prey they still have these available at a good price down the road.

View attachment 359197
I assume that's just like the ones I asked about in this thread:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...with-the-franklin-sports-folding-table.41333/

I would just stick with the Barrington.

Generally, the Barrington table seems to be the top pick around here. They're also made under the Lancaster and Hot Hand brands.

Just a heads up, sometimes brand name things manufactured for Wal-Mart are not made to the same quality standards as normal.
Speaking from experience, I used to work in a file cabinet factory and when we did a Wal mart order the margins were too thin to do any quality control. Nothing ever got pulled off the line for quality issues no matter what- everything got shipped.

Quality issues on a table will likely be apparent right away, so if you do get one of these, check it carefully and return if needed.

I have a Pit Boss Table. I have had it since around 1996, recovered it a couple times, both Rails & Speed Cloth.

I have a Pit Boss Table. I have had it since around 1996, recovered it a couple times, both Rails & Speed Cloth.
Got mine in 2006. It's looking pretty rough now, but it's served me really well. I don't understand the hate.

These aren't bad. My only beef is the cloth isn't adhered to the table at all so it pulls up quite a bit. If you're moving piles of chips the cloth will actually bunch up at times. If you're planning on replacing the cloth though then thats a non-issue. I have one that's been in storage for some time now but a friend of mine recently bought one that we just played on last week and it has the same issues mine did.

A few pic's of mine, last make over, still looks great.

Attachments

• 100_5333.JPG
    100_5333.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 260
  • 100_5334.JPG
    100_5334.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 218
A few pic's of mine, last make over, still looks great.
Where did you get the suited speed cloth in your picture? Looks like it has a more uniform pattern than some of the ones I've seen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom