Vacation picture dump (5 Viewers)

Great pics, what are you shooting with?

An iPhone 8. Lol. A couple lighting/color tweaks but basically what you see is what you get. Every time I take a pic, I think to myself, “Man, i should have brought a real camera,” but I’m just not willing to take up the valuable space in my hiking backpack or carry the extra weight.

Here’s a real quick and dirty one from the car. It’s always a good sign when you see a dozen cars pulled over with their flashers on, it means there’s wildlife around.

78D201ED-9239-437E-8A14-B4C2C938611A.jpeg

I’m in St Helen Michigan fishing for about 2.5 days right now. Only about 2.5 hours from home and beautiful. I caught about 6 little pike today and had something bite right through my line. Hopefully bigger fish to fry tomorrow! Some friends from home let me stay at their cottage whenever which is so cool!
52913B45-2650-4F01-8589-BDBD5504F5EB.jpeg
026B5558-7F61-42C4-8A2F-C448D58110C5.jpeg

My life is kind of a vacation these days. I mostly travel to play poker, so I don't take a lot of pictures. I spent the first 10 years of my career traveling the world doing energy, environmental and oceanographic work, some academic, some industrial and some for TLA's. I think I've been to every place no one would ever want to go, but a few that you might. (You know why Siberian gulags didn't have fences? Nowhere to escape to.)

That being said, up until earlier this year when I went ashore in Cozumel (poker cruise), I'd never been to Mexico. The only time I've been to Canada, I entered from the arctic, at Tuktoyaktuk. (Not much there other than a DEW station and a Hudson Bay Store).

Life is weird.

Finally caught a couple nice bass and a big pike today. About 60% if the shoreline of Lake St Helen is owned by ducks unlimited so it’s a treat to fish on a lake with undeveloped shores. On a quirky note for the second time in my life I have witnessed a hatch of freshwater jellyfish, very weird but google says it is real. I circled one in a pic I took but it’s hard to see. They are about the size of a ping pong ball. Anyway...see below.
5F91C50F-F505-432E-A973-E9895EA1A3F1.jpeg
CAB5B57D-49DD-49E7-86C7-39BDA15D0E05.jpeg
8441F16B-A07D-47AE-8B1A-6D7E9BE33F38.jpeg
4773F8FF-DEBA-4CC2-AEDB-B2EFB476F3D3.jpeg

View from on top of Cannon Mountain in Franconia Notch State Park, New Hampshire. 4100’ elevation.

View attachment 340473

Avalanche Falls at the top of Flume Gorge, also in FNSP! What great, cool and impressive place!!

View attachment 340478
nice! was just there about 2 weeks ago. Really cool but I bet its even better in late spring when the melt water is rushing high.

Great pics, dude. Why no carbs? That's gotta be hard. Just fruit, veggies and meat, then?
That's basically the same diet I do... except I do limited carbs instead of no carbs, so only carbs at dinner
Edit: LOL I did not look at the year the comment was posted...whoops

Last edited:
They make some incredible beer.... some of my favorites. How is the brewery itself?

You mean like the atmosphere/food? It's probably one of the better ones I've been too. Have to talk up like 8 flights of stairs so it's like a terrace and the place is huge with games like corn hole, giant jenga etc

I love Hawaii, can’t wait to make it back!

It was just supposed to be an overnight stop on our cruise but we left, sailed for 20 hours, then had to turn back and return for a medical emergency. Lost a port because of it but i’d want them to do that for me if i needed it!

The other thing we lose is Oct 14’th, when we cross the date line. We go to sleep on the 13th and wake up on the 15th. Been gone from home for 24 days now, still have 27 more to go!

It was just supposed to be an overnight stop on our cruise but we left, sailed for 20 hours, then had to turn back and return for a medical emergency. Lost a port because of it but i’d want them to do that for me if i needed it!

The other thing we lose is Oct 14’th, when we cross the date line. We go to sleep on the 13th and wake up on the 15th. Been gone from home for 24 days now, still have 27 more to go!
That sounds like a very nice trip despite a couple set backs.
My next couple groups of pictures to this thread will be from the Melee in February and very hopefully Angel Fire next October. :tup:
I’m really working on making your meet up, very excited about the opportunity to make it out.
You and @travelgirl enjoy the rest of your vacation. I’ll leave you with one photo from my last trip out to Hawaii. Absolutely love the Hawaiian islands.
ADF1ACD2-848F-4D22-8F95-01989A42A51F.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom