USPS "delivered" but also not delivered. (Stolen/Misplaced Chips SUCCESS story) (2 Viewers)

inapinch

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I've had this thread drafted for days now. I'm so happy to share that this was found. As it turns out -- my package was in fact delivered to another house in my neighborhood. That neighbor dropped it off on my porch this morning. I am beyond happy right now. I have never seen a successul USPS story, and even though this isn't really USPS "success", I am super happy going into the new year. I'm keeping all the content below just for your reading pleasure :love:

In short, the USPS has lost/misplaced/made a mistake on the package destined for my place, and the status is designated as "delivered at mailbox." I've recently been working with @Rieguy on an excellent trade, and after we've exchanged tracking info, both packages were marked "delivered". Unfortunately, mine was not delivered. So far, I've (1) walked the perimeter of my house checking under every rat's ass, (2) checked my mailbox on an ongoing basis, (3) visited the local post office to check for misplaced packages, (4) called the USPS call center, and (5) written a friendly letter to my neighbors to see if an accidental delivery happened in the neighborhood. It's been five days now past delivery. I'm honestly devastated.

Wishful thinking, but I'm starting a thread that these might eventually show up somewhere in the next year. Here is what is lost/misplaced:
EDIT: 50 rare THC chips!

Of course, I'm about to begin filing a claim with USPS, but honestly, I even doubt the insurance will be paid out. Nothing happened with the last package that went missing for me and it was insured!

Last edited:
Lookey what was found this morning! I’ve said it a million times for all your help, and of course the trade, but thank you @Rieguy
96F675F6-4469-4F99-8EC4-377F7446716E.jpeg

This was a roller-coaster for me, so it was exponentially so for you. As someone on the wrong end of a lost package before that never showed up (barrel of ES $500s), there are few worse feelings in the hobby. In both instances, all parties involved doing what they can to get it figured or worked out, one way or another, reflects the best in the community.

I would call this a Christmas Miracle, but honestly, some USPS employee apparently wrote over my handwriting (which does suck, but was very legible here imo), which likely caused the issue. I don't want to post it due to it being @inapinch's address, but it looks pretty ridiculous. That said, the chips ultimately made it so let's call that a win (despite time lost in dealing with the post office).

Thanks and enjoy!

I was on a buying spree earlier this year and apparently bought a rack of China club $1s and a Bottle of Kings Light whisky. I completely forgot about it for months until I realized I’m suppose to have the bottle. I realized I gave one digit off on my address so it was delivered 10 houses down. I went over there and saw “sold” sign. It was sold about a month prior to me realizing I never got it. It’s gone now. Some old lady in her 80s has my rack of China club $1s.

At least your neighbor didn't open the package. I had a package that was accidentally delivered to a neighbor and they opened it (not chips). "Sorry we opened this"

It would be interesting seeing chipper being forced to explain this hobby to a neighbor.

Just a friendly reminder to always have the mailing address attached at three locations on your mailed parcel (and covered with clear waterproof tape):
1. Primary location (the one used by USPS)
2. Secondary (on an alternate side, in case the primary gets defaced, altered, or made otherwise unreadable)
3. INSIDE THE BOX. If the package exterior is destroyed or defaced, whoever opens it (USPS or a wrong recipient) STILL has a valid mailing address. Also a good reason to have the contents packaged inside as a single well-wrapped and well-protected brick.

3. INSIDE THE BOX. If the package exterior is destroyed or defaced, whoever opens it (USPS or a wrong recipient) STILL has a valid mailing address. Also a good reason to have the contents packaged inside as a single well-wrapped and well-protected brick.

I've been doing this a lot lately. One mailing label on the outer wrapping and another on the inside box. Extra security in case the wrapping gets ripped off.

@kmccormick100 and I have a fun week last month. Did a big trade and his shipment never scanned in past label creation. About a week later it scanned from my home post office. We were both about to puke over it. I’ll never ship in December again! Better to wait.

You beat me to it!! I think this is excellent advice. I think this experience has gotten me gun shy about deliveries in December! I'm going to try to avoid any buying/selling in second half of December from here forward. I had to change my pants when I read the status of "delivered" o_O

I have had two instances of my suite number being labeled 100 instead of 1000. Luckily the folks in suite 100 are awesome and I managed to get both packages back. The 2nd time they even remembered my name and what had happened the last time and were about to bring it up to me. There is something to be said for having very good neighbors.

I have had two instances of my suite number being labeled 100 instead of 1000....
Street addresses can have that same problem, too. Our house number is 14444. I thought that would make life easy -- wrong! You're forever having to explain just how many fours there are. And saying "fourteen-thousand four-hundred and forty-four" just brings blank looks most of the time...

I was on a buying spree earlier this year and apparently bought a rack of China club $1s and a Bottle of Kings Light whisky. I completely forgot about it for months until I realized I’m suppose to have the bottle. I realized I gave one digit off on my address so it was delivered 10 houses down. I went over there and saw “sold” sign. It was sold about a month prior to me realizing I never got it. It’s gone now. Some old lady in her 80s has my rack of China club $1s.
Oh man, i ordered a couple of chokes for a double barrel shotgun that are super hard to find, i had bought and returned several from every company i could find that i thought might fit and finally gave up and ordered the factory ones for way too much money. Months went by and they never showed i gave up and never pursued it. A week ago i was cleaning my 14 year olds closet with her and i ran across an unopened package and bingo it was my chokes that somehow had ended up in her closet for the last 2 years lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom