Using $25 as .25? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Can I get away using $25 chips as quarters for a $20 buy in .25/.25 game?
eventually I will get a better solution, but is this normal/acceptable or will the few players i have lose their shit??
breakdown would be

200- Green .25 [labeled $25]
200- blue $1
100 - red $5

only have 4-8 players showing up currently.

My hope is to grow the game and get some fracs later and make the green $25 actually $25.

Can I get away using $25 chips as quarters for a $20 buy in .25/.25 game?
eventually I will get a better solution, but is this normal/acceptable or will the few players i have lose their shit??
breakdown would be

200- Green .25 [labeled $25]
200- blue $1
100 - red $5

only have 4-8 players showing up currently.

My hope is to grow the game and get some fracs later and make the green $25 actually $25.
Gotta talk to your players, but no they shouldn't. My players ask me what each chip is worth EVERY GAME when its printed on them, so you should be able to convince your players they're fine.

You can absolutely do it! As long as you slice off that heathen $25 inlay and replace it with a proper Gear 25c label.

... Seriously though, I think the minimum bar here is to overlabel with a top quality Gear label.

Could you provide a picture of the chips?
All chips in route. Game this Saturday. Its messy but I just realized I really like Paulson chips.
$25 .25.jpgcc $1.PNGjumers5.PNG

You can absolutely do it! As long as you slice off that heathen $25 inlay and replace it with a proper Gear 25c label.

... Seriously not, I think the minimum bar here is to overlabel with a top quality Gear label.
dont want to harm these chips as i plan on using them as $25 in the future when i can afford fracs and the game grows

... Seriously though, I think the minimum bar here is to overlabel with a top quality Gear label.
overlabel will comeoff later and not harm the chip?

Shouldn’t be an issue using your $25 chip for a $0.25 chip. Just make sure your bank is large enough for your players.

You have $700 in 1s and 5s. Assume you fill the table with 8 players. Would they each spend more than $85 for the night? And if you only have 4 players, would the four each spend more than $170 for the night? If not, you’re covered. But it all depends on how much they want to GAMBOL. And only you will know that.

Good luck with your game and let us know how it goes.

BTW, this is what I use for my $0.25 chip when I’m using plastics. No issues, but no $ sign either.
IMG_4355.jpeg

Should be no problem using $25 as 25c chips if it’s explained in the beginning of the game. If your game is playing on the smaller side most likely the $25 shouldn’t be confusing. You could use cash plays if the game gets bigger and you run out of chips.

It would be no problem at all to use $25's as quarters. I've done similar multiple times with no problem . (oddly, despite my chip addiction, I never buy fracs)

Yes you can use $25 chips as 25cent

Caution:
- count your chips carefully post game, each lost chip could cost you $24.75 in the next game you play face value.
- worse yet a player could order more copies and introduce more chips at the next game, or float chips in mid game adding to their stack
Carefully count your chips before and after each game.

Should be no problem using $25 as 25c chips if it’s explained in the beginning of the game. If your game is playing on the smaller side most likely the $25 shouldn’t be confusing. You could use cash plays if the game gets bigger and you run out of chips.
^This. If you run out of $5 chips, just let $20 bills play.

Have done that before without getting any complains. But if I do get any complains, I would tell them sure next time you can provide the chips yourselves

I regularly play with my adult children and family members (ranging from solid players to "does a straight beat a flush?" players). We play a deep stack .05/.10 game ($20 buy ins the norm) with the exact same chips one would use in a $5/$10 game. (Red $5 / Green $25 / Black $100)

At first, this was simply necessary bc I wanted to try the Royals chip line from Apache, and they were out of fracs at the time (plus the $1 chip is the ONLY chip in the set that isn't beautiful, :D). Now, everyone loves playing this way and they even comment that it's fun to say "It's $300 to you..." even though there's less than $300 on the entire table. :D

It's really not confusing at all. My six yr old saw me toss two of the $500 flag chips to someone for a $10 rebuy and he gasps, "Those are worth 500 dollars?" to which my 13 yr old explains "no buddy. 500 pennies."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom