Upcoming molds......... (12 Viewers)

If @chipinla cant help, I believe I can add to mine.
E366C099-608C-474F-B3E1-153CE037731B.gif

1F19A41E-AAD7-4A4B-940D-54EF1CB96CD6.gif

This thread is seriously lacking in CSQ updates... :cool
so is my mailbox
Agreed!

In an effort to distract me from compulsively checking here for updates, I am trying to think about next steps once my CSQ set arrives. Is the OP in this thread still a generally agreed upon good way to clean and oil a new set? Anything that people think isn’t necessary (I saw a post somewhere that said cleaning with water might be enough, and no soap should be necessary for a set fresh from the factory)? Anything that should be added? Do I need to just read the full 25-page thread (hoping the answer is no, but if there is some quality information in there, I’m not opposed to it)?

Agreed!

In an effort to distract me from compulsively checking here for updates, I am trying to think about next steps once my CSQ set arrives. Is the OP in this thread still a generally agreed upon good way to clean and oil a new set? Anything that people think isn’t necessary (I saw a post somewhere that said cleaning with water might be enough, and no soap should be necessary for a set fresh from the factory)? Anything that should be added? Do I need to just read the full 25-page thread (hoping the answer is no, but if there is some quality information in there, I’m not opposed to it)?
When mine arrived I used a micofiber cloth and put a light amount of mineral oil into the cloth which I would work into the cloth to evenly spread it. After that, I would grab a barrel of chips and only lightly clean the edges of the chips while they are still in the barrel. It wasn't necessary to clean the faces.

You can see the cleaned/oiled barrel here against the uncleaned/unoiled barrels.
tKGAI4Uh.jpg

The faces of the chips didn't need any cleaning.
vTkELRzh.jpg

Agreed!

Your next step is to order your next CPC set... wash, rinse, repeat.

Does it have to be done? I thought they'd just ship as sets were completed....you're the OG though John, please educate me! I can't refresh this thread any more frequently than I already do! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
I think there’s 3 presses if I’m not mistaken. One has A-mold at all times. The other two are whatever is next in line. But I think they both run the same mold if there’s a lot of orders? So CSQ in both right now? Maybe?

I think there’s 3 presses if I’m not mistaken. One has A-mold at all times. The other two are whatever is next in line. But I think they both run the same mold if there’s a lot of orders? So CSQ in both right now? Maybe?
Sure, but from @JeepologyOffroad's comment, he seemed surprised that @toothpic would have his notification if the mold was still running.

I just assumed CSQ would run for a couple of months and sets would ship as they were completed, @krafticus got his pretty recently?

I'm so confused and just want my chips :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Seth Meyers Crying GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Wait wtf I just assumed @toothpic wrote CSQ, not DSQ?! When did you submit? Mine was submitted at the end of Feb but just did inlay art less than a month ago IIRC. Hoping for a miracle!

The longer B mold takes, the more I debate making another B mold set…. To add to my B mold tournament set that’s pending, to compliment a New B mold design I have….

Is this the way? It feels right…
Yes. I haven't even gotten my secondary 100s yet, I was already planning secondary 25s and 500s. Sigh.

Yea. I only ordered my secondary 100s.

View attachment 1122474
Nice. Seems like the small add on orders get taken care of first.

My order is 1500ish chips, expecting mine to arrive on the back end of this run.

I am thoroughly confused however as I believe only two molds are pressing at a time. A mold and another that rotates. I don't know how both CSQ and DSQ can be pressing right now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom