Unwritten Rules of Chipping (1 Viewer)

The real question is why did you not take the solids if you said you would take the solids. Not trying to fan the flames rather to put them out

A warning of what? I see nothing here that warrants a warning.
Fair question, what's the point of feedback? It's literally just there for when either there's a miscommunication or a falling out, and then automatically both parties just leave eachother negative feedback, without it mattering who is right and who is wrong. What are we starting to see, but more and more people with 30-100 positive feedback and 1 negative.

Instead, we should have another opt in forum like the Politics one. PokerChipForum Court. Both parties enter, state their cases respectfully with charges and rebuttals, and we the people vote on whether one, neither, or both get negative feedback. With names crossed out so that we don't play favorites.

Assuming that he did not take the solids, agree negative feedback warranted.

unwritten rule: Your word is all you have around here
If I left negative feedback for everyone who backed out of a deal (for totally understandable reasons) instead of working it out, in a friendly, private way with the other party, I would have left a lot of negative feedback on here. What's the point if it's not malicious? This is a community - we can't work together over the course of a few messages to get what we need?

I was looking into the timeline for getting actual labels printed and shipped, and it seems like Gear is pretty busy these days so between the international shipping (last shipment from abroad took multiple months to reach me) and the uncertainty about how many months labels might take, yes I respectfully backed out and apologized (within a few messages of our conversation, for a sales post that was still open).

If that deserves negative feedback, then fine. Up to the community. I don't think it should. Not going to waste anymore energy though.

Fair question, what's the point of feedback? It's literally just there for when either there's a miscommunication or a falling out, and then automatically both parties just leave eachother negative feedback, without it mattering who is right and who is wrong. What are we starting to see, but more and more people with 30-100 positive feedback and 1 negative.

Instead, we should have another opt in forum like the Politics one. PokerChipForum Court. Both parties enter, state their cases respectfully with charges and rebuttals, and we the people vote on whether one, neither, or both get negative feedback. With names crossed out so that we don't play favorites.
You going to hear all the complaints? I dont got time for that lol

If I left negative feedback for everyone who backed out of a deal (for totally understandable reasons) instead of working it out, in a friendly, private way with the other party, I would have left a lot of negative feedback on here. What's the point if it's not malicious? This is a community - we can't work together over the course of a few messages to get what we need?

I was looking into the timeline for getting actual labels printed and shipped, and it seems like Gear is pretty busy these days so between the international shipping (last shipment from abroad took multiple months to reach me) and the uncertainty about how many months labels might take, yes I respectfully backed out and apologized (within a few messages of our conversation, for a sales post that was still open).

If that deserves negative feedback, then fine. Up to the community. I don't think it should. Not going to waste anymore energy though.
I think the buyer needS to do their homework on the front end. Bad form to make a deal and back out unless emergency type situation in my opinion.

From my recent auction experience, accept what it is and move on, let anyone who has concerns know the information they need to if the contact you. Cant change it. I was super hurt the first 24 hours I was banned but after that I realized, its just an internet forum, my reputation as a buyer/seller will either stand or not. People will either ask if they're concerned or it will blow over into the abyss after sometime. Just had to let it go, theres more places I can put my focus. Not the same situation as here, but likely a similar outcome.

From my recent auction experience, accept what it is and move, let anyone who has concerns know the information they need to if the contact you. Cant change it. I was super hurt the first 24 hours I was banned but after that I realized, its just an internet forum, my reputation as a buyer/seller will either stand or not. People will either ask if they're concerned or it will blow over into the abyss after sometime. Just had to let it go, theres more places I can put my focus. Not the same situation as here, but likely a similar outcome.
This is really good advice, thanks. And you know... with everything that's going on in the world, I'm happy taking a deep breath and moving on! Enjoy your weekend everyone.

The French, apparently
No disrespect to Kifer, but he won't hold a candle. Not across the board of course, and I love my international folks but if we need someone to go in I got y'all.

Then again there's just less EU folks here so one great or crappy person tends to tip the balance.

Some of my fav folks are in Canada and EU, but yo eff that other site.

No disrespect to Kifer, but he won't hold a candle. Not across the board of course, and I love my international folks but if we need someone to go in I got y'all.

Then again there's just less EU folks here so one great or crappy person tends to tip the balance.

Some of my fav folks are in Canada and EU, but yo eff that other site.
What am I doin? Wha?

yes I respectfully backed out and apologized (within a few messages of our conversation, for a sales post that was still open).

Man..are you delusional ?
Stop lying !

Sale for Sheraton was closed Friday night (thread was only open for the Mesquite Stars)

Mod edit: Removed PM

Last edited by a moderator:
Man..are you delusional ?
Stop lying !

Sale for Sheraton was closed Friday night (thread was only open for the Mesquite Stars)

Chiles7.jpg

WHY... I BELIEVE WE CALL THAT EVIDENCE.

Last edited by a moderator:
:vomit:
Meaning I 'm too tired to read all this.
All I know is that @Thomacetti is an honest person...

Thanks, but it's not about that...

He might just be good people but he screwed up by bailing a done deal.
He should have sucked up the negative feedback and move on (and learn from it)

But then he starts BS at me and teaching me about bad etiquette...that dog don't hunt
Shamefull shit that I have to post PM's & screenshots...never done this (in a bad way) but this guy just creates his own reality to flip me in the bad guy

Thanks, but it's not about that...

He might just be good people but he screwed up by bailing a done deal.
He should have sucked up the negative feedback and move on (and learn from it)

But then he starts BS at me and teaching me about bad etiquette...that dog don't hunt
Shamefull shit that I have to post PM's & screenshots...never done this (in a bad way) but this guy just creates his own reality to flip me in the bad guy
My personal thoughts were it’s only a done deal once it’s been paid for.

If I left negative feedback for everyone who backed out of a deal (for totally understandable reasons) instead of working it out, in a friendly, private way with the other party, I would have left a lot of negative feedback on here.
Must be a very different experience than I've had. I've been kicking around here for a few years and I'd guess my boughts and solds have approached triple digits, and I don't think I've ever had somebody back out on a deal. Maybe once, years back, but maybe, now that I think about it, maybe he just took an extra week to pay.
Point is, backing out of deals isn't what I expect here. I'd never do it - I'd just buy the chips and resell them, at a loss if necessary. And if I did back out on a deal, I'd expect negative feedback.
I'm not trying to pile on or take sides, but this is exactly what is meant by unwritten rule.

Unwritten situations:
A. Oh my, I could never imagine what packing these would feel like, emotionally; I can't really part with these; I love them; I ' m so sorry.
B. I meanwhile got a more lucrative proposal, so fuck you ( the original buyer).

"A" is immature, which is perfectly excusable, and just the norm for supposedly adult people spending time on a forum like this.:rolleyes:
"B" is being a truly bad person.

My personal thoughts were it’s only a done deal once it’s been paid for.

Wow....let me give you some perspective (IMHO) and this not personal to you (NOFI)
I saw you posting (more then once, and 100% not you alone) that you would LOOOOOOVE to be in the next secret (Paulson) buy.
Can you image the nightmare for those GB runners when participants would have an attitude like you just discribed and leave them hanging ?

Shouting out things like above are (or should be) the shortcut to get you off that list faster then the blink of an eye...

If you commit to buy (or to sell) chips, then you are morally obligated to buy (or to sell) the chips.

Doesn't get any simpler than that. Your word means something in this community, and if you break it, expect it to have consequences.

Informing the community of such actions is a public service, imo.

If you commit to buy (or to sell) chips, then you are morally obligated to buy (or to sell) the chips.

Doesn't get any simpler than that. Your word means something in this community, and if you break it, expect it to have consequences.

Informing the community of such actions is a public service, imo.
This is correct.

Wow....let me give you some perspective (IMHO) and this not personal to you (NOFI)
I saw you posting (more then once, and 100% not you alone) that you would LOOOOOOVE to be in the next secret (Paulson) buy.
Can you image the nightmare for those GB runners when participants would have an attitude like you just discribed and leave them hanging ?

Shouting out things like above are (or should be) the shortcut to get you off that list faster then the blink of an eye...
Yeah. That's the exact opposite of what runs about 80% of this place...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom