Ultrasonic Cleaner on a budget? (2 Viewers)

mnebesny

Flush
Reaction score
I'm looking to get an ultrasonic cleaner...any one have any suggestions? Are there good ones and bad ones, or are they really all the same? Anything to look for in one? Ideally I'd like to keep costs as low as possible...

I'm looking to get an ultrasonic cleaner...any one have any suggestions? Are there good ones and bad ones, or are they really all the same? Anything to look for in one? Ideally I'd like to keep costs as low as possible...
The vevor 3l does me good
Amazon with prime free shipping can’t go wrong

I got the 3l and modified the basket with picture wire so it now holds 50+ chips.

16381388418931149730610233406767.jpg

Yup. When they came out I just basically dried them with a magic eraser very lightly. As someone that used to just soak in Dawn and then SCRUB with a magic eraser, this was much easier. Used a small amount of oxyclean since these were white chips and 6 minutes, luke warm water.

Top row is before, bottom after.

16381394468005306064074598210258.jpg

I got the 6l vevor for like $100 shipped. Works great. Don't even really need the whole salad spinner thing. Just use a wooden spoon and mix em up a bit. Can easily do a rack at a time

My way, 6 minutes, no spoon, no agitation, and the 6l could easily do a rack on end if wired the way I did my 3l. I like the smaller one on my shelf. I think I got it for like $60.

6L Ultrasonic I bought for 179 CAN now 199

I bought this unit and cleaned 900 hot stamp paulsons with it. I used 40-42celcius water with plenty of dish soap water and a few sprinkles of course salt. Clean gunk off like a charm in as little as 30 seconds for very clean chips to 1 min (finger/woodpick/brush scrub) then 1 min/repeat max 3 mins for the $5's and some 1's. All turned out well and the hot-stamps were unchanged. The worn ones stayed the same and the perfect ones with great stamps remained just that as well. Only issue is that almost all oils are now removed so they are looking dry/showing wear that was previously hidden by "gunk". Overall the whites appear Way better than when I just hand-washed a rack to test. Sorry no pictures were taken and they are now in a container that is at the bottom of a pile of gear so another time....These were the AC/DC Gaming School Inc chips I recently picked up. The 1's turned out fantastic after a good Ultrasonic clean.

I put 1x barrel in at a time if the chips were dirty or up to a rack if just in for a quick pass with no real concern of a deep clean. Cleaning was most effective in batches of ~20 chips for the dirty ones....

This is the one that I have ... you haven't had any issues cleaning 50 chips in this model this way? I was limiting to 10 chips at a time all laying flat in the basket. 50 chips would be a HUGE improvement!
I just did this yesterday. Worked fine. In fact, when I just layed 10 chips flat I would have to flip them and run them twice.

Ran 40 more jack chips through just now, reduced time to 4 minutes. Worked fine.

Again, I still wiped dry lightly with a magic eraser, but much easier than what I used to do.

Magic eraser after 60 chips my old way (dawn soak + scrub).

1638201653735777810048012374518.jpg

Magic eraser after ultrasonic 200 chips. Shows how little I have to scrub after an US bath.

16382016857475182665980364828944.jpg

My wife is. I'm too cheap. Manufacturer website has same price, free delivery and no member fee!

I got mine in less that a week from mfr website, but that might have been before this supply chain garbage.

I got the 6l vevor for like $100 shipped. Works great. Don't even really need the whole salad spinner thing. Just use a wooden spoon and mix em up a bit. Can easily do a rack at a time
This. I split it multiple ways (@detroitdad, @mike32, @Marc Hedrick, @Boother36 and @bonesnjnts) and it worked out to less than $20 each. We just rotate it from house to house to clean chips.

And I use chopsticks or a wooden paint stirrer. I do not use a spoon that may come into contact with food in the future around hooker juice.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom