Tourney Triple Chance Tourney (1 Viewer)

Santa123

Straight
Reaction score
I am playing this type of tournament now a longer time with my poker crew. The basic idea is to make sure that no one leaves within the first two hours and to limit the loss of each player to the same amount.

There is a WSOP Version but I played it differently. Thoughts / Feedback is welcome. This Version got a lot of positiv Feedback from my players yet.

So this is how it works.

Each player is getting for his buy-in T5000 plus two Rebuy Chips.

After the first 3 blind levels in case you didnt loose all chips each player have to give one Rebuy Chip to the Dealer. Each player receives in return an other T5000.
After the 6th blind level the same procedure as before.

Its not allowed to use the rebuy chips as add-on. (You cant add an other T5000 any time.)

This is the structure we play.

6 to 8 players
20 minute blinds

25/50 (average stack T5000 - 100BB)
25/75
50/100
Break - first Rebuy Chip - 1:00
75/150 (average stack T10.000 - 66BB)
100/200
150/300
Break - color up T25 - second Rebuy Chip - 2:00
200/400 (average stack T15.000 - 37.5BB)
300/600
400/800
Break- 3:00
600/1200
800/1600
1000/2000
Break - color up 100 - 4:00
1500/3000 (tournamt typicly ends)
2000/4000
3000/6000

Plenty of play as mid stake what I realy like.

If I understand correctly, they really aren't Re-buy chips, but rather Re-load or Pre-buy chips -- all three T5000 stacks are pre-paid with the initial buy-in/entry fee.

What happens if a player busts during the first 3 levels -- does he uses his frst chip to reload T5000 chips immediately but doesn't get to redeem a chip at the 1 hour mark with everybody else? Or does he sit out until the 1 hour mark until he can reload?

We have ran a similar format (issuing a 10k initial stack and two 10k pre-buy plaques) but players have the option to redeem a plaque for 10k in chips any time between hands.

If I understand correctly, they really aren't Re-buy chips, but rather Re-load or Pre-buy chips -- all three T5000 stacks are pre-paid with the initial buy-in/entry fee.

What happens if a player busts during the first 3 levels -- does he uses his frst chip to reload T5000 chips immediately but doesn't get to redeem a chip at the 1 hour mark with everybody else? Or does he sit out until the 1 hour mark until he can reload?

We have ran a similar format (issuing a 10k initial stack and two 10k pre-buy plaques) but players have the option to redeem a plaque for 10k in chips any time between hands.
Seen this in the Super High Roller Bowl

Yes, Re-Load Chips sound better.

We play it the way you described:
If a Player looses alle his Chips within the first 3 Levels he have to Reload immediately and can not add T5000 in the first 1 hour break.

(Sidenote Plaques to Reload would be lovely :) )
If you allow to add Chips any time it is like the WSOP format.

But theoretically you could still be out in 3 hands?
Theoretically ;-) Never happened yet. Maybe 1 Player is busting after the first hour.

However total tournament time is not realy changing vs. a T15.000 starting stack. But I am speaking only about single table tournaments!!

I hosted a pre-buy earlier this year where each player started with T10K and a reload chip. If they busted out before the end of Level 6 they exchanged their reload chip for another T10k stack. At the end of Level 6 the reload chip of players who hadn't busted out became an add-on chip worth T12,500 (ie an extra 25%).

Not the same as you are doing but similar and maybe some food for thought.

I hosted a pre-buy earlier this year where each player started with T10K and a reload chip. If they busted out before the end of Level 6 they exchanged their reload chip for another T10k stack. At the end of Level 6 the reload chip of players who hadn't busted out became an add-on chip worth T12,500 (ie an extra 25%).

Not the same as you are doing but similar and maybe some food for thought.
Sounds like a s Second Chance Tourney. What are your Blinds in Level 6?

Sounds like a s Second Chance Tourney. What are your Blinds in Level 6?
It was indeed a second chance tourney. This was the blinds structure

Blinds (1).png

(Apologies if that image is massive, I'm on my phone and can't resize!)

It was indeed a second chance tourney. This was the blinds structure

View attachment 567874

(Apologies if that image is massive, I'm on my phone and can't resize!)
First look at the schedule was like "does he increase the blinds 25 seconds each level" ;-)

I like T100 based Tourneys :) So simple.

I played a lot of Multitable Second Chance Tourneys too. I like it. For a friendly single table tourney I can recommand Triple Chance :)

First look at the schedule was like "does he increase the blinds 25 seconds each level" ;-)

I like T100 based Tourneys :) So simple.

I played a lot of Multitable Second Chance Tourneys too. I like it. For a friendly single table tourney I can recommand Triple Chance :)
I normally play 20 minute blind levels throughout most of the tournament, can't remember what made me make the first 3 25 minutes in this one tbh.

And yeah, they're enjoyable, a bit different and everyone pays the same.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom