Giveaway Tragically Hip Cut Cards (Bridge Size) & More (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

this was the first song my late buddy Jimmy Groucey played for me by The Hip. We drank beers, talking hockey, golf, life. Miss that guy every day. Even if I don't win the giveaway, thanks for allowing me to reminisce a little.

Is it too late to join? My favourite is New Orleans is sinking. It's the first Hip song I ever heard and I have some...great memories that go along with it.

Also, I already have some cut cards, so would it be possible to enter for the dealer button only?

Very hard to pick just one song, but I'm going with "New Orleans is Sinking/Killer Whale Tank". The Hip always put on an amazing live show.

Edit: didn't realize how old this thread was. I'm probably too late.

Last edited:
New entries all good. I have sone additional cut cards being designed that will make the next cut card order. I am going to add those in as an option as well.

Can you run the contest first because if I lose I might be interested in purchasing some of your designs?

Can you run the contest first because if I lose I might be interested in purchasing some of your designs?
Everyone that enters (up to 20 or so) gets a cut card (or one of each design). The draw is for the dealer buttons.

Cut card in progress (double sided).
tgp_cc_b1d.jpg

This is a awesome giveaway hope it’s still going. Wheat kings as I now live on the prairies and Bobcaygen because it’s a good song and my
Grandparents had a cottage kinda in the area. The dealer button is awesome and the new cut cards are sweet.

On the Verge from Road Apples is still my favorite by The Hip.
It has such a great guitar lead in. Very simple but it gets my head bobbing every time I hear it. The music and lyrics are terrific but the best part is about the 2 minute mark when Gordie builds momentum.
Thanks for the opportunity but I am fortunate enough to have cut cards and a couple of dealer buttons. So please let others have the opportunity.

Awesome, and many thanks! With 19 entries and 4 buttons, my odds are a lot better than chasing a river flush draw all in! (Not that I've ever done that... LOL)

Ok, DB prizes drawn.

Here are the prizes:
20210204_130636.jpg

1st through 3rd will get to pick which DB they would like (4th will get whatever is left at the end).

So if first can start by choosing their preference between the HIP or Greedy Palace button that would be great.

Thanks,
Grant

Noice! I will take a Hip button.

Thanks again for putting this together. This band was big in my life as a teenager and I love that I can keep remembering this way. :)

Awesome! Thanks so much!! My boys both love the Greedy Palace so Greedy Palace it will be!!!

Cards came today. Excellent!

Perfect timing while Canada is in mourning over another national icon:

https://www.thestar.com/sports/hock...in-ontario-city-he-helped-put-on-the-map.html

Thanks again

Btw this is an interesting article for anyone trying to understand who the Hip are:

https://www.cbc.ca/music/as-an-immi...tragically-hip-this-is-what-i-found-1.5932223
My gf teaches at Gretzky's old elementary school. The family donated money to it for years and Walter would come and make appearances in the school and speak to the kids regularly. Definitely a great guy.

Once sat a few rows from Mr Gretzky on a plane. The entite time I contemplated going over to say hi and potentially ask for a picture. Decided against it figured it'd be annoying for a stranger to approach him on a plane so opted not to. Needless to say once we landed and were at baggage claim there was a lineup 20 deep to get pictures and autographs or whatever, and he was gracefully taking the time out of his day to talk to everybody. I decided to just let it and grab my bags, but it was sure nice of him to do that for the other people. Most of whom were kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom