Giveaway Tragically Hip Cut Cards (Bridge Size) & More (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

grantc54

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
I am giving away up to 20 bridge size Tragically Hip cut cards (bridge size) away to HIP fans.

In order to receive one you need to post your favorite Tragically Hip song and why its your favorite song. I will also do a couple draws for dealer buttons.

20200814_175153.jpg

Thanks,
Grant

Last edited:
Easy for me...grandparents had a cottage near Bobcaygeon (Kawarthas) and it always reminds me of the summers spend there with family :tup:

If possible, can I just be entered for the DB since I already have a pair of cut cards and I’d like to leave the cut cards for other Hip fans

Too many to have a favourite but saw them in Kingston as they were just getting started as I was a Queen's student during the same time period.

Hope that qualifies. Don't make me pick just one song

If possible, can I just be entered for the DB since I already have a pair of cut cards and I’d like to leave the cut cards for other Hip fans

You'll hopefully be good for DB too, I just mailed one out to test what I can get away for sizing with Canada Post. Let me know if/when it arrives!

You'll hopefully be good for DB too, I just mailed one out to test what I can get away for sizing with Canada Post. Let me know if/when it arrives!
I’m speechless....This has literally made my summer!

You are too kind:tup:

PS - I have sent numerous single dealer buttons via lettermail with thick cardboard as protection (just need to put some filler in the void so it feels like a thick letter)

You would make me pick one? Damn I feel dirty.

New Orleans Is Sinking.

Edit: why? One day driving in the early days with my then girlfriend (now wife) we blasted it and right in time with Gord We and looked at each other and said “alright!”. Had a pretty strong hunch she was the one right there.

"Poets"

No reason at all that it's my favorite. I really love the video, and the lyrics.

"Ahead by a century" is also a favorite. It was the first of their great hits I listened to with an open mind, and realized, how good of a band the Hip really are.

I listen to a wide variety of the Hip's music as well. Many other tracks could also be discussed, but these two I mentioned, get the most play while I drive.

Thanks for yet another sweet gesture Grant. I hope you are feeling better my friend

EDIT : Grant, I already have this swag! Still, great to talk about a great band! No need to add me to the giveaway. You've already gifted me these awesome trinkets

This is tougher than I thought. I pretty much love everything on the "Fully Completely" album. If I have to choose just one, it would be "At the Hundredth Meridian". I can't say why, exactly, other than I love the melody.

Edit: added video.

Last edited:
That's pretty neat. I might have to make a detour for a quick photo op next time I'm in Regina.

I've heard people refer to Edmonton as the armpit of Canada. Not sure what exactly that means. But definitely not flattering. Lol
Regina is no treat either at times, but has its moments. I quite like Saskatoon actually. Saskatonians HATE Reginans and we are just like yeah cool Saskatoon is great... why do you hate us lol.

There's no way I could name just one song.

If you don't mind holding onto a cut card for me until I come back to BC, I'd appreciate it!

PS - I have sent numerous single dealer buttons via lettermail with thick cardboard as protection (just need to put some filler in the void so it feels like a thick letter)

Did this work going to the US as well? If so, any idea how much postage you had to add?

Thanks!

For me I’d say “ahead by a century”. Mainly because I was starting high school when the song came out and it always makes me think of my early years of being a teenager.

A song that has grown on me that makes me think of our wonderful nation is “wheat kings”... just so catchy and the words are melodic.

:)

Thanks for doing this @grantc54

Man, there are so many that have been named so far its hard for me to chose. My first Hip album was "Fully Completely" so "50 Mission Cap" and "Courage" are close to my heart. My favorites though have to you be "Yer not the Ocean" and "It's a Good Life if You Don't Weaken". I love angst and melodies. Man, I miss Gordon. :(

Little Bones - "Baby eat that chicken slow..."

Saw them live in Auckland NZ for their Road Apples tour. Less than 100 people in a Legion type hall - I had never heard of them before, but Gord put on a show I will never forget, and that song was an instant all time favourite!

I don't know the Tragically Hip... Entries should require links the the song so the uninformed can become informed...
Check this one out... an oldie but a goodie!

Edit - @grantc54 : In for DB only (all my decks are Poker size). And thanks for the giveaway, and for reminding me what an outstanding band they were, and what an outstanding person he was.

Last edited:
Not familiar with their catalog, but hey, I like Chiliwack, Tom Cochrane and April Wine. Does that count?

Bump. These will be next up on my list to ship.
Actually, just got the mock-up for the dealer button for my HIP inspired cash set. I may wait until that is ready and include a couple of those in the draw.

I will make the cut-off when they arrive (will be a bit as I haven't ordered them yet!).

Going with Three Pistols. First song I heard of theirs and my reaction was the classic “what is that?!” I can tell you exactly where I was on I-5.

Great band, great concept, great giveaway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom