Tourney Tournament Pay-out (1 Viewer)

MCTennis

High Hand
Reaction score
So, this may be a very obvious question but if you were to play a series of tournaments and take a small portion of the prize money to set aside each time to amass a larger prize pool for a "main event" would there be any kind of "rake" implications involved with it? I understand all the money is eventually put back into the pay-out but I am just curious. Obviously, everyone involved would have to be on-board.

So, this may be a very obvious question but if you were to play a series of tournaments and take a small portion of the prize money to set aside each time to amass a larger prize pool for a "main event" would there be any kind of "rake" implications involved with it? I understand all the money is eventually put back into the pay-out but I am just curious. Obviously, everyone involved would have to be on-board.

This sort of arrangement is somewhat common and what is meant when posters refer to "leagues."

That said, it really could vary widely depending on how the DA in your area would interpret holding money like this as a house "profit" and how much they would pursue this. And as a rule of thumb, the more licensed operations there are in the are, the tougher the DA is likely to be.

Always research your local statutes with these questons.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom