Tournament Hand from Last Night (1 Viewer)

Continuing below...

Middle of a league tournament, with prizes and season points. Pays top 3. Points to all on a sliding scale.

5 players left. Blinds 300/600.

SB: Member here so I won't post read - 18,000
BB: Hero - 30,500 remaining
UTG: Winningest player in the game, TAG - 15,000
CO: Sticky player with shades of a calling station - 14,500 remaining
BTN: A 40 year old OMC - 25,000

UTG folds
CO RAISES to 1500
BTN Folds
SB Folds
BB (Hero) looks down at :kc: :tc: and CALLS

Flop is :7h::5c::2h:

Hero CHECKS.
CO pauses for about 15 seconds and then bets 1200.
HERO CALLS.
Pot is 5700

Turn comes Flop is :7h::5c::2h::jc:

Action on hero.

This is one of the few cards I actually don’t mind a lead from. Given that player is sticky though, you would have to fire a 2nd barrel on the river also if you didn’t hit. Standard play would just be another check call.

This is one of the few cards I actually don’t mind a lead from. Given that player is sticky though, you would have to fire a 2nd barrel on the river also if you didn’t hit. Standard play would just be another check call.
I dunno bout that lead…clubs that completed some straights or clubs that paired the 2/7 make more sense. The J hits the CO range more, and he still has huge nut advantage with most/all sets and all the overpairs

Check from me

I dunno bout that lead…clubs that completed some straights or clubs that paired the 2/7 make more sense. The J hits the CO range more, and he still has huge nut advantage with most/all sets and all the overpairs

Check from me
Personally, I folded after the flop, but on this turn against mr. sticky, maybe a small blocker bet makes sense. I’d fire 1500 to see a cheap river and maybe that gives us more options on the river if we don’t hit.

Check from me
Doesn't a jack actually favor my BB calling range?

Would be interested to know what you are thinking at this stage, the flush only or if you think a k , 10 or even k high would be good here, or running a bluff on the river.

Check from me
The flop + turn hit us harder than villain (all 7x and 5x on the flop and a ton of Jx on the turn fall squarely into hero’s range imo). Villain downbet the flop, which is often an opportunity for us to semi bluff turns. Finally, having a lot of outs if called, makes this an ideal lead. Villain should have a ton of cbet give ups here.

Jack is probably neutral but you don’t really want to lead top pair often here into his nut advantage
We definitely don’t want to lead here often, but if we mix some leads into our range, this feels like the perfect spot. Play it as a mix but lead this turn.

Continuing below...

Middle of a league tournament, with prizes and season points. Pays top 3. Points to all on a sliding scale.

BB: Hero - 26,000 remaining
CO: Sticky player with shades of a calling station - 10,000 remaining

UTG folds
CO RAISES to 1500
BTN Folds
SB Folds

Hero CHECKS.
HERO CALLS.
Pot is 5700

HERO leads for 3500
CO slightly tank calls 3500

River brings :7h::5c::2h::jc::9c:

Pot is 12700

Action on hero.

Last edited:
So Villain has about 1800 behind?

Shove.

Jam. After your weird line he is probably checking back almost everything that could call you and he probably won’t bluff much either

Continuing below...

BB: Hero - 26,000 remaining
CO: Sticky player with shades of a calling station - 10,000 remaining

UTG folds
CO RAISES to 1500
BTN Folds
SB Folds

Hero CHECKS.
HERO CALLS.
Pot is 5700

HERO leads for 3500
CO slightly tank calls 3500

River brings :7h::5c::2h::jc::9c:

Pot is 12700

Hero bets 6k (thinking the back door flush draw should not be overly threatening and continuing my Jx line)
CO thinks for a few and raises his remaining 3500 or so.
Hero snap calls.

What types of hands, given the line, do you think CO turns over?

What two pairs would you see with the preflop raise? J9?
That's what I'd put him on if I think he had two pair. I'm thinking a hand like AJ, KJ, QJ, J10, 77, 55, or 22 is likely here.

Given the way the hand went from beginning to end, I have a hard time imagining what the hell he could have.
My guesses:
AcQc
JJ
7c8c

Edit: after reading more comments, I’ll add Ac2c and Ac7c to the bottom of my list. I guess I wasn’t thinking these were early position raises, but 5-handed, yes.

Last edited:
I'd read it as J hearts with Q+ of hearts possibly 9 hearts as well but less likely with the action, could also be 99 way it played.. if he has the nuts then I would say his kicker hit the flop and you're just unlucky.

A7c A2c would be my guess considering the previous action a bit more. Even if you take the hand down I'd still stick with my previous comments on check fold the turn unless you can give me a bit more detail on your thought process for a call at this stage and what your intentions were after the turn depending on what came down.

A7c A2c would be my guess considering the previous action a bit more. Even if you take the hand down I'd still stick with my previous comments on check fold the turn unless you can give me a bit more detail on your thought process for a call at this stage and what your intentions were after the turn depending on what came down.
To me it was either a bet the turn or a check fold the turn. Check call never really entered my thought process.

Going to guess 99 or 77 as played by villain. Normally I would assume with a set he raises the turn but people get weird sow playing big hands in spots. Given the draws out there, he played it pretty bad if he does show up with 77. 99 I assume villain bets larger on the flop is all to protect his hand on an ideal flop so maybe not 99. Guess it could be A9hh…

I just can’t imagine why this guy would reraise his last 3500 with anything less than a flush.

Going to guess 99 or 77 as played by villain. Normally I would assume with a set he raises the turn but people get weird sow playing big hands in spots. Given the draws out there, he played it pretty bad if he does show up with 77. 99 I assume villain bets larger on the flop is all to protect his hand on an ideal flop so maybe not 99. Guess it could be A9hh…
Sorry totally didn’t realize villain raises the river on us, I thought he snap called our bet. Yeah seems like A4 or A7cc but we can’t fold either way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom