Tournament director section? (2 Viewers)

renegadegatorman

High Hand
Reaction score
Not sure how this works exactly, but has anyone recommended PCF creating a section just for tournament director discussion? I know tournament director has their own forum but it seems a little antiquated and just not as pleasant as this forum. The few questions I've had regarding TD got answered by PCF members after I couldn't find the answer on TD's forum, so I'm thinking why not just have our own discussion section for it.

Thoughts?

I enjoy using TD a lot. It seems like I'm always finding more things that I can do with it. One issue that I keep having is with a custom payout that I created. It seems like the custom payout reverts back to the default payout after every new round. I can load it again but on the next round, it will default again. I'm sure I am just missing a setting somewhere that is causing this. It's not the biggest problem but just a bit annoying to me. Anyone else experienced an issue like this?

I enjoy using TD a lot. It seems like I'm always finding more things that I can do with it. One issue that I keep having is with a custom payout that I created. It seems like the custom payout reverts back to the default payout after every new round. I can load it again but on the next round, it will default again. I'm sure I am just missing a setting somewhere that is causing this. It's not the biggest problem but just a bit annoying to me. Anyone else experienced an issue like this?
I haven't run into that problem yet but I also haven't delved too deep into the program. Just from poking around in there to see what makes it tick I think you're right, it's probably just one little setting you gotta mess with.

I know the TD forum seems a bit antiquated, but if you post this issue there, either a user, or the developer will probably answer it pretty quickly. Corey is extremely responsive, and I think even has his email address posted if you need to email him for help..

And I agree, every time I use it I find more things that it can do, and realize just how powerful it is.

I have not posted in there yet. I'm sure it is a simple setting somewhere in the program. I should probably mosey on over to the TD forum and look for a fix.

@MrBoosh, do you use TD to calculate points for your league? If so does TD track the points across multiple games and hold the standing info?

I've been considering doing a league myself and I wasn't sure if I could just create a season in TD and have it track the standing throughout the whole season.

@MrBoosh, do you use TD to calculate points for your league? If so does TD track the points across multiple games and hold the standing info?

I've been considering doing a league myself and I wasn't sure if I could just create a season in TD and have it track the standing throughout the whole season.

Yes, I use it to easily calculate our season points for each tournament. Once a player is knocked out, their points are available to see in the tournament standings. There is a way to see the season standings as well through TD but I haven't messed around with that too much. We only keep the top 5 tournament scores per player each season. So I just calculate that on an Excel spreadsheet each month.

I think there is even a way to automatically export the tournament results and have them published directly to a website if you wanted to.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom