Tourney Tournament Director question (1 Viewer)

dpeks13

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
South Jersey, but Central Jersey at heart
Wound up buying the TD software for a tourney I hosted last night. I fumbled my way through the interface, but one thing that's nagging me. I have my laptop plugged into dual monitors, and my plan was to have the main game screen on one screen, and the blind structure on the other, but I couldn't figure out a way to do this. Can you only have one of the "game windows" open at the same time? Or is there a configuration that I missed that will allow me to do so

Wound up buying the TD software for a tourney I hosted last night. I fumbled my way through the interface, but one thing that's nagging me. I have my laptop plugged into dual monitors, and my plan was to have the main game screen on one screen, and the blind structure on the other, but I couldn't figure out a way to do this. Can you only have one of the "game windows" open at the same time? Or is there a configuration that I missed that will allow me to do so
One of the known limitations of TD is that it will only produce 2 screens at one time, and one of those screens is the computer monitor with the main interface. What I do is I have the main interface open on the laptop and let it send the other screen to tvs. Players don't need the main interface screens, and when it tells you to relocate someone you can drag that individual window all the way to the right and it will show that on the tvs.

I've never used TD so I can't speak to it specifically. I was using The Poker Timer for a while then I switched to Blind Valet for my last tournament and liked it a lot. Since it's web-based you can easily bring it up on multiple monitors/devices through any browser and they will all be in sync. I believe TD has a lot of features that are probably not available on Blind Valet, but it suits my needs.

One of the known limitations of TD is that it will only produce 2 screens at one time, and one of those screens is the computer monitor with the main interface. What I do is I have the main interface open on the laptop and let it send the other screen to tvs. Players don't need the main interface screens, and when it tells you to relocate someone you can drag that individual window all the way to the right and it will show that on the tvs.
2 screens is perfect. I think the issue that I’m only able to figure out how to do 1 screen

2 screens is perfect. I think the issue that I’m only able to figure out how to do 1 screen
How are your dual monitors set up in Windows? If you use one to extend the other then TD will only recognize it as one big screen. You need Windows set up to recognize them as 2 completely separate screens to get what you are looking for

I run TD on two screens. You have to press the X to take it out of full screen mode, move the blind timer to the second screen and use F11 to make it full screen. Then on the original screen press ESC and it will bring up the interface on that monitor.

Any templates worth sharing that's not already on the TD website/TD?

I run TD on two screens. You have to press the X to take it out of full screen mode, move the blind timer to the second screen and use F11 to make it full screen. Then on the original screen press ESC and it will bring up the interface on that monitor.
Yes I was going to say this exactly! The hot keys are your friend. Once you learn the ones you need, it makes running things so much easier!

Yes I was going to say this exactly! The hot keys are your friend. Once you learn the ones you need, it makes running things so much easier!
100%. I printed out the hot keys and highlighted the ones I would need to use frequently. The common ones like rebuy and add-on and bust out I have memorized, but with some of the undo commands and screen changes it's handy to have the sheet next to my laptop

Weird, mine doesn't behave that way. I'm going to play around with it a bit more. Seems like I am missing a step in the configuration

Check display settings. See if there is a check box for dual display. I haven't messed with my settings in 5 years. But it 100% can be done.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom