Tournament Director Casting to Another Screen (1 Viewer)

DoubleEagle

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
I've been using the Tournament Director software to manage tournaments for many years. When using, I connect an HDMI cable form my laptop to a flat screen TV so it can be seen by the whole room. But it is very inconvenient to go over to where the laptop and TV is in order to manage the TD software. Ideally, I would like to use my laptop from my seat and connect remotely with something like Chromecast. But Chromecast won't work since it is not supported by the TD software. Another option would be to run a long HDMI cable but that is not ideal.

I also have a streaming device called an AirTame at my office which would work but would prefer not to move it back and forth. A second AirTame would be a little expensive as they are $299 each. Ideally, being able to connect to multiple monitors would be awesome. I checked with Corey at the TD forum about casting and he didn't have much to offer.

Anyone have any ideas that are working for you?

A long HDMI is ideal, provided the cable isn't in the way of people moving around. If you have Chrome on your PC, you can use it to cast your desktop to the Chromecast.

1536473320918.png

I have multiple laptops, so I use either TeamViewer or VNC to mirror my desktop on one hooked up to the TV or monitor.

1536473596126.jpeg

My understanding is I can only cast a Chrome browser or a youtube video or a similar video app that supports chromecast. I don't see a way to cast the screen in my drop down box. I will check again in the morning.

I am looking to send to multiple monitors, not separate computers.

Fair enough. Chrome allows you to cast the entire desktop. In the cast section where the Chromecast device(s) are listed, you should be able to select the source. That is where you can choose to cast everything on the desktop, not just the tab.

Last edited:
I never knew there was a drop down tab to “Select Source.” All I had seen before were the two Chromecast devices I have. Problem solved.

Thank you!

I have used Tournament Director for several years, and it has generally been great. But as an aside, I recently ran my tournament at a friend’s house and wasn’t going to have my normal laptop setup, so I downloaded an app called Texas Holdem Poker Timer (pic below) on my iPad. I had the iPad set up within view of the table. I also had the app on my phone, and it has an option where you can “share” your tournament to be accessible by any device with the app. You have to pay for some of the upgraded options, but I think it’s still cheaper than the TD license. The cool thing was that I could control the tournament (bust out players, etc) from my phone without leaving my seat at the table.

Just thought it was worth a mention. I’m no expert with it yet, and to stream to a screen bigger than an iPad might require an Apple TV or something. But the remote control feature is pretty cool.

7DA7608C-16A2-44E8-A31D-06EDCFCE7510.jpeg

Another alternative is using an app from your phone and mirror the screen to chromecast.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom