Too late to submit my last set of customs to HOF? (3 Viewers)

Auction: Secret Pics of all the sets
I'll end this at 12 noon tomorrow or 10 min after the last bid after that time
starting bid : a rack of minty fresh Mirage live $5's
min raise : uncirculated barrel of $1 Blue Bally's or $1 Flamingo Hilton's
winner must pay shipping with old school Bellagio $5's (mint of course)
:tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:

Might have to go higher if you want to top the other bids.

Last edited:
No. Everything that @bivey mentioned wrt the boat buy.

Well, truth be told We dont know for sure why GPI declined the next order. We know that they sent us extra color samples and materials in advance of a second order, but when the art was complete and the order was ready to be placed, they said no. I think we took the high road assuming it was due to the acquisition, but it could have just as easily been people complaining, and they didnt want the headache.

There was definitely talk around pricing for future orders, and I think the primary goal was to avoid a Star situation where people are flipping chips for $6 profit. Even if the organizers were selling the service at 100% markup, your still at around $2 per chip

The lies, hypocrisy, obfuscation, misleading information, intentional or not, and all the BS that is being thrown around in this thread, and the similar thread from last year's Star Group-Buy/not-Group-Buy, is stunning.

There are many MANY good people in this community but a few asshats give it a bad name, over and over and over again.

I’m not sure what lies and misleading info you’re referring to, but at least we can have an open discussion about these chips without posts getting deleted and people being banned (presumably).

Since I don’t want to search the entire thread can someone just tell me if the only pics are in the first post? The jester/bird pic?

Trust me, you’re never the last to know. Last year and this year I never heard a peep until the threads were started

I think a lot of us are in the same position:

1. See thread title, get interested to see new set of customs from Harley
  2. "Wait... are those Paulsons? Nice job on the relabel."
  3. "Wait... those are custom Paulsons? What the...?!?"
  4. "Wait... a bunch of forum members got custom Paulsons made? How do I get in on this?!"
  5. "Wait... there was already a 'second round' of people who knew about it, and had designs made, but Paulson stopped the order?"
  6. "Wait... there was a plan to make a 'GB for the masses' set that people could buy then flip in the marketplace?"

Up to Stage 3, I think people will be very understanding, curious, and congratulatory -- I know I felt that way. Once you get to Stage 5 & 6, the more it feels like the Star scenario all over again, and people start feeling like "second-class forum citizens".

If there is truly an "open discussion" about these, I'd be curious to know how many people were involved in Wave 1 and Wave 2 / future Waves. I don't care about names or designs -- just more interested in how many of the forum were involved in this second secretive Paulson "not a group buy".

(And, in this instance, I don't think it's a GB especially if these were just a number of small-sized sets for each member.)

(And, in this instance, I don't think it's a GB especially if these were just a number of small-sized sets for each member.)

Well, it depends on how you define what a GB is. I tend to refer to this definition:
My view is that a true group buy is an organized collective effort to purchase a desired item in bulk, with the intent to allow many to share in the ownership of said product (which otherwise might not happen for various reasons), and usually at a reduced cost as well (but not always, sometimes it's done merely to make minimum order size requirements). Pitfalls and bonuses along the way are typically shared equally among group buy participants, including but not restricted to price breaks on product and shipping costs, unexpected hidden taxes and fees, losses from lost or damaged shipments, and the like. The participants share both the benefits and the risks involved. The organizer donates time and energy, but it not held personally accountable for disasters beyond his control.

If the desired item is "Paulson chips", then it fits. Doesn't have to be public, doesn't have to include everyone in the forum...just an organized effort to obtain something.

Well, it depends on how you define what a GB is. I tend to refer to this definition:

If the desired item is "Paulson chips", then it fits. Doesn't have to be public, doesn't have to include everyone in the forum...just an organized effort to obtain something.

My only argument with that definition, in this instance, would be regarding the "purchased in bulk" phrase. From what I can gather from this thread, each individual had their own set made, and in numbers that would be similar to what they would have ordered from another vendor (while meeting Paulson minimum purchase requirements). Contrast this to the "Star" buys, where multiple tens of thousands of chips of each design were made and sold.

Again, my position on these is the same as the "Star" chips: I don't get nearly enough use out of the customs I bought from ASM a decade ago, so I doubt I'll ever be interested in buying a Paulson version. Congrats to those people who found another way to get orders from Paulson, but please don't wave them in front of the forum and think it's not going to cause some hurt feelings / drama.

A few comments for the newer members, some who may have not been around or never saw the original and deleted Star thread from last year:
  • No matter what you've been told, more Paulson GB/private ventures are likely to happen in the future. As a matter of fact, some are likely being planned now and or are well under way. And most of us won't know about them until the chips are safely in the hands of their master. With each release, it is going to get more difficult to pass Paulson's scrutiny, especially for larger orders, but not impossible. It seems like we need to find more innovative avenues and be prepared to tell a more compelling 'lie'. But it will happen again.
  • To those who keep saying new chips from Paulson can't be ordered (or some iteration of it, so please don't make this about semantics): that is disingenuous or misleading at best. We have now seen two or more orders of various sizes by various groups using different paths to get this done. And those are the public ones we know of, not private ones that people may have never shared. So, is it extremely hard? yes. Is it improbable? yup. Is it impossible? clearly not. And many senior/trusted members of the community may have not been accurate with their wordings in the last 2-3 years while all these GB/private ventures were happening, and some may not have wanted to jeopardize their orders from being fulfilled, but clearly they happened and are likely to happen in the future, albeit at smaller scale and with greater difficulty. but again, NOT impossible.
After last year's Star revelation, many thought it was a once in a lifetime opportunity. After this thread's revelations, it is clear that although the scope of Star chips order may not be replicated, there is a reasonable chance that more custom Paulson chips will be made in thew coming years. I have not been a part of any of these private ventures, but if I had the time, would probably try to explore the loopholes that we all now see exist.

I strongly believe more chips coming to the community is a good thing, and that no one OWES us anything, the least of which would be the expectation of selling us minty Paulsons at cost. This is an expensive hobby and PCF is part of a free market, not a charity.

I think a lot of us are in the same position:

1. See thread title, get interested to see new set of customs from Harley
  2. "Wait... are those Paulsons? Nice job on the relabel."
  3. "Wait... those are custom Paulsons? What the...?!?"
  4. "Wait... a bunch of forum members got custom Paulsons made? How do I get in on this?!"
  5. "Wait... there was already a 'second round' of people who knew about it, and had designs made, but Paulson stopped the order?"
  6. "Wait... there was a plan to make a 'GB for the masses' set that people could buy then flip in the marketplace?"

Up to Stage 3, I think people will be very understanding, curious, and congratulatory -- I know I felt that way. Once you get to Stage 5 & 6, the more it feels like the Star scenario all over again, and people start feeling like "second-class forum citizens".

If there is truly an "open discussion" about these, I'd be curious to know how many people were involved in Wave 1 and Wave 2 / future Waves. I don't care about names or designs -- just more interested in how many of the forum were involved in this second secretive Paulson "not a group buy".

Second round is a reference to orders, not people involved. Again these were custom sets, so there were a number of people who were fully in the loop for the first round, but had to wait to get their custom designs included in the second order.

It's amazing that so many custom sets were made. And a second round was planned, wow. Probably too many sets that created a red flag for Paulson. A large order that everyone shared probably would have been a better route, but that's just a guess on my part.

It's amazing that so many custom sets were made. And a second round was planned, wow. Probably too many sets that created a red flag for Paulson. A large order that everyone shared probably would have been a better route, but that's just a guess on my part.

That's what I said, but apparently the Paulson rep agreed to all of this, they got shut down by someone higher in corporate when they realized what was going on.

Are those oversized 5’s on the Jester/Parot design? If so, probably sent up red flags...people got greedy with their customs. Oversized chips and fancy edges spots all over the place on low denoms LOL...

Are those oversized 5’s on the Jester/Parot design? If so, probably sent up red flags...people got greedy with their customs. Oversized chips and fancy edges spots all over the place on low denoms LOL...

None of those chips are OS, they are all THC

For those of you looking for some pics, @gopherblue is willing to oblige, and may have some for sale. If its not him, then he may be close enough to pick them up. The Images are definitely mine, so I cannot vouch if the ad is legit. I do not own the design, but I authorize use of my pics as people see fit. Ill let the mods decide how to handle it.

https://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/tag/d/brooklyn-paulson-poker-chips-sample-set/6801696944.html
Those are sweet. Great job on the design.

For those of you looking for some pics, @gopherblue is willing to oblige, and may have some for sale. If its not him, then he may be close enough to pick them up. The Images are definitely mine, so I cannot vouch if the ad is legit. I do not own the design, but I authorize use of my pics as people see fit. Ill let the mods decide how to handle it.

https://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/tag/d/brooklyn-paulson-poker-chips-sample-set/6801696944.html

LOL! 100 big ones for a sample set.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom