Today I'm an American (3 Viewers)

HobokenNJ

Two Pair
Reaction score
After spending more than 15+ years in this country, I was naturalized as a U.S. citizen today. Hopefully my fellow Saskatchewan'rs on the board, don't feel too abandoned. (Go Riders!)

My next plans? Based on what I've learned here, I think I should move to Florida, take up playing PLO and chant "USA! USA! USA!" more often. Any tips @Anthony Martino ?

After spending more than 15+ years in this country, I was naturalized as a U.S. citizen today. Hopefully my fellow Saskatchewan'rs on the board, don't feel too abandoned. (Go Riders!)

My next plans? Based on what I've learned here, I think I should move to Florida, take up playing PLO and chant "USA! USA! USA!" more often. Any tips @Anthony Martino ?

Congratulations for finally becoming a citizen of a real country, please report to your nearest Wawa to purchase a sandwich, bag of Cheetos and a 40oz can of Budweiser!

Congrats, that’s awesome! What benefits will you encounter that you were missing out on before?

After awhile, did you just feel Canadian American? Or did it not feel official until you were able to achieve this?

Congrats, that’s awesome! What benefits will you encounter that you were missing out on before?

After awhile, did you just feel Canadian American? Or did it not feel official until you were able to achieve this?

I've joked that the main difference is that now I can commit felonies (as opposed to misdemeanors under a green card -- I believe a felony would've made adjusting status difficult/impossible to adjust status). There's voting... and, I guess, jury duty.

But more seriously -- I've been here so long and intend to be here for the long haul, so wanted to do so when I could. It just felt right. No more flying with my family and showing passports from three different countries (well, once my new passport shows up).

....Based on what I've learned here, I think I should move to Florida, take up playing PLO and chant "USA! USA! USA!" more often....

To borrow from Dick Gregory: You've already lived in Hoboken. Whatchu want to be segregated twice for?

(But congrats anyway!)

Congratulations for finally becoming a citizen of a real country, please report to your nearest Wawa to purchase a sandwich, bag of Cheetos and a 40oz can of Budweiser!
Reminds me of when a friend visited from France. She wanted the true American experience. So on the way to the college football tailgate, she had us stop at an AM/PM to pick up a Big AZZ cheeseburger and Budweiser tall boys. :vomit:

Congrats, @HobokenNJ .

I have one...
Buy some locking wheel nuts. :LOL: :laugh:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom