Tina's ordering process (1 Viewer)

binoclard

Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
So… After seeing @chipinla awesome scrown mold set, and the new fantastic greek mold samples pictures… and taking into consideration @improviseallday's advice to maybe start with a Tina set for a first custom instead of CPC, I think I have an idea or two that I am eager to try and put on paper ceramic.

As I am based in Switzerland, I am not sure it would be interesting to try and join the imminent group buy, or even bother @justincarothers to be the middle-man.

I understand there some kind of "secrecy" around the process, and could not find a direct link from here, but If I understand correctly, I could just go on Alibaba, search and find Tina's shop, and ask them for an Illustrator template for the hybrid mold of my choice, and a quote? Then send back .ai files for the spots and the sticker, wait a couple weeks, and… That's it?

It sounds like Tina (and Alibaba) are staying true to their word and not selling these two molds to anyone other than the people who commissioned the molds. So you need to go through the proper channels if you want those two chip molds.

That said, they could change this “policy” at any time because it’s China and they can march to the beat of their own drum if they really want to.

It sounds like Tina (and Alibaba) are staying true to their word and not selling these two molds to anyone other than the people who commissioned the molds. So you need to go through the proper channels if you want those two chip molds.

That said, they could change this “policy” at any time because it’s China and they can march to the beat of their own drum if they really want to.
I was just about to edit my post to this effect. If you’re looking for the new scrown knock-offs, you’ll likely have to go through the vendors here on PCF, given that they paid for the mold.

I’m also in Switzerland and have ordered directly from “Tina” in the past. As you suspect, it’s not that complicated.

https://szchenlin.en.alibaba.com/

Thank you both!

@justincarothers has just contacted me right now. I had not understood, but the Greek mold belongs to him, not Tina. So, as I have a possibly great idea (or total fail… :wtf: ) for the mold, I'll order through him.

Last edited:

This is good to hear. I hope they continue to operate with this level of integrity. So I know Justin commissioned the Greek mold. But the only scrowns I've seen are yours and Steve's. Who is the owner of that mold?

OK, thanks. So regarding people going direct to Tina, that may be because some people here probably don't know how to reach him. I have an account at his site, but I don't really keep up with it and I suspect lots of newer members here don't even know who he is.
Tbh, it just dawned on me now that I haven’t seen a post from him here in a long time. What’s his website?

Thank you both!

@justincarothers has just contacted me right now. I had not understood, but the Greek mold belongs to him, not Tina. So, as I have a possibly great idea (or total fail… :wtf: ) for the mold, I'll order through him.
Do you have a US shipping adress or they ship to switzerland...?
I'm interested but don't have a US adress.

OK, thanks. So regarding people going direct to Tina, that may be because some people here probably don't know how to reach him. I have an account at his site, but I don't really keep up with it and I suspect lots of newer members here don't even know who he is.
I definitely don’t know Danny but maybe I do his username.

I ordered directly to Switzerland. Given re-shipping costs from the U.S., it was more or less as cheap to order directly.

That said, if you want molds that are owned by PCF vendors, you’ll need to find someone willing to re-ship to you from the U.S. (assuming the vendors won’t ship to you themselves, which they may)

I ordered directly to Switzerland. Given re-shipping costs from the U.S., it was more or less as cheap to order directly.

That said, if you want molds that are owned by PCF vendors, you’ll need to find someone willing to re-ship to you from the U.S. (assuming the vendors won’t ship to you themselves, which they may)
I suggest you guys all get together and as long as Justin is in the loop, I suspect he will allow you to have a small group buy shipped directly to one of you for local distribution.

Ok thanks!
I guess it's hard to find a re-shipper... maybe for some sort of EU/CH-group buy?
What mold is possible when direct order?

I suggest you guys all get together and as long as Justin is in the loop, I suspect he will allow you to have a small group buy shipped directly to one of you for local distribution.
If I were interested in any of the new Tina molds (which I’m not), that’s certainly an avenue I’d explore. Even if paying the owners a “license” fee, similar to what has been done for artwork designs here, shipping a large order direct to Europe vs paying for re-shipping from the U.S. would make sense for a larger group of buyers.

that may be because some people here probably have absolutely no idea who that is .

FYP :LOL: :laugh:

@SwissChip Justin said that my order could totally be shipped directly to my address here in Switzerland.
I'll sleep on it, try to work on my ideas, and if I decide to go with it, I'll contact you, and maybe we can group orders to save on shipping (that is an absurd ratio comparing to the price of the goods for a small set) ?

Oooh sorry, apparently light humour does not travel well, it was at most a bit of irony on the whole shroud of secrecy that seems to be wrapped around what amounts basically to an Amazon vendor order… No harm intended, sorry.

Oooh sorry, apparently light humour does not travel well, it was at most a bit of irony on the whole shroud of secrecy that seems to be wrapped around what amounts basically to an Amazon vendor order… No harm intended, sorry.
I guess I missed the humor in fixing my post by stating exactly what I said in the very next sentence...

There is no "shroud of secrecy" around ordering from Tina. There are literally dozens of threads on the subject. Dealing with Alibaba vendors is not quite so simple as placing an Amazon order. It's not overly difficult, but it's not simple. There's the potential for language issues, so communication is paramount. So no, there's probably not a post somewhere with a checklist of do 1, then 2, then 3. The best way to go about it is to enter into a discussion with one of the many folks here who do it regularly. Those people can easily be found in the popular "master consolidated info" thread that was set up a couple of years ago a short time after we started ordering the cards mold chips.

Yeah, I guess I missed something in translation, but you asked who the owner of the SCrown mold was, JeepologyOffroad replied "Danny", and you said "some people here probably don't know how to reach him".

I simply jokingly replied that most new people around here have simply absolutely no idea who Danny is, let alone we should try to ask someone else for means to contact him to order some chips on a mold we do not even know it does not belong to Tina and could be ordered as simply as card mold.

Regarding the secrecy, yep I was definitely aware that Justin was the go to guy to order from Tina, but as I have said in my OP, for me it made no sense to bother him for a tiny order from Europe. I have read a good amount of posts around here, and it is the first time that I see a direct link posted, thanks to @cpac54

@SwissChip I had an direct custom order (not thru PCF) to Tina few weeks/months ago and I envisionned to deliver directly to Switzerland.
I canceled that idea and deliver it to France instead for cheaper taxes and easier process if you do not use a "man in the middle" at Swiss customs.
May be other Swiss guys have other experience (My set was 5.000 chips).

Tina's communication was really smooth and easy (once you translate THEIR english :)

Last edited:
@SwissChip I had an order from Tina few weeks/months ago ans I envisionned to deliver directly to Switzerland.
I canceled that idea and deliver it to France instead for cheaper taxes and easier process if you do not use a "man in the middle" at customs.
May be other Swiss guys have other experience.

Interesting. Cheaper taxes? France/EU has ~20% VAT or something, Swiss 7.7% plus custom duties. How come? I often order from EU at a French address to save on shipping, but not on taxes.

Interesting. Cheaper taxes? France/EU has ~20% VAT or something, Swiss 7.7% plus custom duties. How come? I often order from EU at a French address to save on shipping, but not on taxes.
Yes the 7,7% was my first intent.
But It was the whole shipping+taxes. From memory.
I'll have to find the real numbers for FR.
But i failed to assume the whole Swiss EDEC, declaration, etc ... process

[EDIT]

- Chips + Misc stuff : $1.260
- Postage (really heavy) to France : $618
- FR import taxes : $155 (Tina minimized the declared value).

This make a bit less than $0,40 for custom no mold 4.300 39mm + 620 43mm (including $200 for racks + dealers + allin and stuff).

Really more than fair price for the quality.

Last edited:
@SwissChip I had an direct custom order (not thru PCF) to Tina few weeks/months ago and I envisionned to deliver directly to Switzerland.
I canceled that idea and deliver it to France instead for cheaper taxes and easier process if you do not use a "man in the middle" at Swiss customs.
May be other Swiss guys have other experience (My set was 5.000 chips).

Tina's communication was really smooth and easy (once you translate THEIR english :)
Would like to avoid this process - it's not for a custom set.
1000 of these Rio WSOP replicas.

There are some guys who have already done their legwork and homework and have a process in place, and they charge a little for working out all the bugs and developing? designs.
You can replicate that if you want and do without them to maybe save a little, and then you can use your process and contacts to offer products as well.

But you have to put the work in. It’s easier now that you know it can be done. You just have to decide what’s easier so you can move on with life.

Yes the 7,7% was my first intent.
But It was the whole shipping+taxes. From memory.
I'll have to find the real numbers for FR.
But i failed to assume the whole Swiss EDEC, declaration, etc ... process

[EDIT]

- Chips + Misc stuff : $1.260
- Postage (really heavy) to France : $618
- FR import taxes : $155 (Tina minimized the declared value).

This make a bit less than $0,40 for custom no mold 4.300 39mm + 620 43mm (including $200 for racks + dealers + allin and stuff).

Really more than fair price for the quality.

Thanks for the details! That's indeed a chunky postage bill :LOL: :laugh:

I was thinking that coming from China (vs EU-EU or EU-CH), it would make almost not difference, or that it would even be cheaper to ship in Switzerland. Good to know, thank you!

Thanks for the details! That's indeed a chunky postage bill :LOL: :laugh:

I was thinking that coming from China (vs EU-EU or EU-CH), it would make almost not difference, or that it would even be cheaper to ship in Switzerland. Good to know, thank you!
If you happen to process a shipping directly to CH i would be interested in your administrative process with customs and edec, etc.
For my next order :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom