Tiger Palace - Tournament Hot Stamp Sales (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My assumption is that what people wanted and couldn't get were likely addons (I've seen people mention the NCVs a couple times).
It’s interesting because the NCVs are available using Tiger tickets for all 3 sales, I’d think by the secondary cash sale the more sought after NCVs would already be gone. (Not that there’s monolithic opinions on which NCV chips are most desired but just that there’ll be 2 rounds of sales before the secondary cash set.) Unless some racks are being reserved for each sale…

(Yes I’d expect more noise too if people couldn’t get sets. So now I’m wondering if supply exceeded demand, or if demand only barely exceeded supply.)

It’s interesting because the NCVs are available using Tiger tickets for all 3 sales, I’d think by the secondary cash sale the more sought after NCVs would already be gone. (Not that there’s monolithic opinions on which NCV chips are most desired but just that there’ll be 2 rounds of sales before the secondary cash set.) Unless some racks are being reserved for each sale…
I believe on the Tournament sale only the hotstamp NCV chips were available. The next cash chip sales will include the bear claw NCV chips only.

(Yes I’d expect more noise too if people couldn’t get sets. So now I’m wondering if supply exceeded demand, or if demand only barely exceeded supply.)
Only NCV hot stamps have been available so far. No others.

Also, people might prefer boosting the main set with denoms instead of NCVs, and with only 2 extra racks possible...

I have a question about any of the chips left over after the 3 sales.

In the coming weeks, if there are any additional sales of sets or individual racks, first priority goes to anyone who has purchased a set directly from me

If I only purchase a hot stamp set will I be able to purchase any racks from the other sets or the NCV chips? Or would I need to purchase a set of those specific chips to be eligible for other racks outside of the set I purchased. For instance would I be able to put in for a rack of NCV or secondary cash $1's if I only purchase a hot stamp set. I hope that makes sense.

I regret not buying a set of these. :(
Chipping regret is real. Knowing that I overbought, doubling my budget in the end but I wanted to avoid the secondary market as much as possible (think I'm at 1720 chips).

I can handle 3 tables with a T25, T100, or T500 starting denom and can even do a T500k starting stack for 2 tables.

Took a risk but love the chips.

The stamps exceeded my expectations.

I was also hesitant due to the repeating spots but think it works as for tournament bigger/more spots can lead to dirty stacks, especially with all the bright colours.

The bright colours was also a huge draw for me as that is something I thought the boat chips didn't utilize enough (they were first and as such did an amazing job). If you're going to get one past Paulson you need to leverage all of the bright colours, otherwise just go with CPC.

My first THC tournament set, and now I honestly believe I can conclude my set acquisitions.

in conclusion, I've learned with chipping that if you are struggling with a chip purchase the right answer is usually to just pull the trigger.

For those of you that were lucky enough to purchase a tournament set, are you happy?

Now here is the real question for those of you that purchased the tournament set. Are you going to put them in play?

Why buy them if not?

Chips aren't meant go sit on a shelf. I can't wait to felt mine.
it's because I see more for sale ads saying, "never felted", than not. just curious if PCF'ers are letting their non-chip friends toss around $6 dollar chips.

it's because I see more for sale ads saying, "never felted", than not. just curious if PCF'ers are letting their non-chip friends toss around $6 dollar chips.
A lot of “never felted” posts out there… To be fair, I bought/sold chips I never used, but not at that price.

I think that if they were honestly "your friends" and they knew your hobby is acquiring and using high quality chips... that they would respect your chips, and play nicely by not slamming/throwing them around. But alcohol sometimes does things.

A lot of “never felted” posts out there… To be fair, I bought/sold chips I never used, but not at that price.
Typically, if I haven’t felted certain racks, it’s because I bought them with a project in mind (or hoped that a project would happen) but it never came to fruition.

Sets-wise, I have owned exactly one set (48mm RPC Fat Hats) that I haven’t felted and that’s only due to needing to replace all the inlays on them still. (Which I’m not sure when I’ll find the time to do that, if I’m honest)

THIS! I hear so much chastising about "chips are meant to be felted," and then see so many classifieds (sales and wanted) for mint chips. It's a conundrum...

THIS! I hear so much chastising about "chips are meant to be felted," and then see so many classifieds (sales and wanted) for mint chips. It's a conundrum...
I'm thinking a LOT of chips are purchased to go along with a set, but then those sets are never completed, thus never felted and still technically mint/unplayed.
The good ole "I decided to go in another direction"
I do this all the time. There are too many sexy ass chips!!!

I hear you. I give stink eyes to pot splashers on the first offense. Second offense gets a verbal warning. Haven't had to go beyond that. Otherwise I honestly have no qualms about felting my ESPT's nor will I with the Tigers.

But that's all a part of play and general wear and tear. It's not like these are being chucked across the room or spiked on a hard wooden table or concrete floor intentionally.

I'm thinking a LOT of chips are purchased to go along with a set, but then those sets are never completed, thus never felted and still technically mint/unplayed.
The good ole "I decided to go in another direction"
I do this all the time. There are too many sexy ass chips!!!
This is true. I have one set of mint chips that still need a few more of one denomination to be completed. Also it's a tournament set, and I rarely host tournaments. But once it's complete, I will definitely felt it.

I also have some mint chips that I'm going to sell. I bought them for a set where all the other chips are used, and it's just not a good fit. I will fill that slot with other used chips.

But all that aside, there are still lots of complete sets that hit the classifieds that have been around a while and are listed as mint. Methinks some people just have too many sets and I'm sure there are some collectors here who have lots of chips but rarely host. I've also seen chips listed as mint that are clearly not mint. Very nice near mint maybe, but some here use that term very loosely... :rolleyes:

This is true. I have one set of mint chips that still need a few more of one denomination to be completed. Also it's a tournament set, and I rarely host tournaments. But once it's complete, I will definitely felt it.

I also have some mint chips that I'm going to sell. I bought them for a set where all the other chips are used, and it's just not a good fit. I will fill that slot with other used chips.

But all that aside, there are still lots of complete sets that hit the classifieds that have been around a while and are listed as mint. Methinks some people just have too many sets and I'm sure there are some collectors here who have lots of chips but rarely host. I've also seen chips listed as mint that are clearly not mint. Very nice near mint maybe, but some here use that term very loosely... :rolleyes:
That’s why the word minty isn’t referring to gum or toothpaste…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom