Tiger 1k sec. What do you think? (2 Viewers)

Do you like this chip?

• Yes

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Somewhere in between

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Marius L

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
This chip. Answer poll and please discuss. What do you think?

Like? Dislike? Somewhere in between?

1475.jpg

I've seen multiple people look specifically for this chip, and it does seem reasonably popular based simply from pron I've seen. My opinion is that this is probably the worst chip in the Tiger Palace lineup. First thing I thought when I saw it was "what the hell happened there?" Afterwards I figured it might be an effort at something epic based on Lakeshore Inn $20, that maybe didn’t work as well as it could. Fair enough, and even @JeepologyOffroad can't get them all right!

And yeah, obviously personal taste and all that of course, so I might just be in the minority here and since I haven't seen it discussed I wanted to do a poll.

And lastly just for the record I think the Tigers in general are really amazing and especially great at taking advantage of that colorful paulson clay. Very happy I managed to buy a set for myself!

I really like the colors actually, I'm just not a fan of this spot pattern. I have IG secondary hundos and I don't even like them lol. I voted somewhere in between

Darkhorse favorite chip for me. I absolutely love it and tried finding excuses to build it into my set as a $20.

The ARC Yellow and Day Green along with the spot style SCREAM "Joker" to me, while the backdrop of Gold is exquisite, serious in tone and backstory. Those all swirled together in one chip make this my favorite chip to come from Tigers.

Does it naturally fit somewhere or is it a chip that everyone will look for to murder and add a unique pizazz to their current set? I don't know but I don't think so.

This is the chip that refuses to get in line, that doesn't care what you think of it. You won't place it in a box, it couldn't care less if you like it, don't like, or somewhere in between. While everyone is clamoring over bearclaws and the same old same old, the secondary $1k will be here. Wildly planning it's greens and oranges sitting in an opulent golden throne.

jker.gif

Just speaking for myself I like this chip as an alternative option for the $20/$25 chip spot in the secondary set since the $20s are impossible to find and I like how it fits with the rest of the low stakes denom colors.

122.PNG

So I hate this spot pattern myself. But yes, we had a bit of a debacle with some colors. The color sample I was working off of was a fair amount different on some colors than their current.

Chocolate would’ve worked better and how I pictured it to look. In the end, Cali high denoms are usually pretty odd themselves so I ended up not hating the chip as much as when I first saw it.

Darkhorse favorite chip for me. I absolutely love it and tried finding excuses to build it into my set as a $20.

The ARC Yellow and Day Green along with the spot style SCREAM "Joker" to me, while the backdrop of Gold is exquisite, serious in tone and backstory. Those all swirled together in one chip make this my favorite chip to come from Tigers.

Does it naturally fit somewhere or is it a chip that everyone will look for to murder and add a unique pizazz to their current set? I don't know but I don't think so.

This is the chip that refuses to get in line, that doesn't care what you think of it. You won't place it in a box, it couldn't care less if you like it, don't like, or somewhere in between. While everyone is clamoring over bearclaws and the same old same old, the secondary $1k will be here. Wildly planning it's greens and oranges sitting in an opulent golden throne.

View attachment 1084518
Just to buttress that I'm being serious, I traded away secondary $20s before these. Despite having plenty of uses for the $20s and those being absolutely top notch trade bait.

That's how much I like these.

I still have not found a brown chip I like. This one included

This is one hell of a chip, and I imagine some of the inspiration behind this chip?
20201206134636__MG_6919~3.jpg

So I hate this spot pattern myself. But yes, we had a bit of a debacle with some colors. The color sample I was working off of was a fair amount different on some colors than their current.

Chocolate would’ve worked better and how I pictured it to look. In the end, Cali high denoms are usually pretty odd themselves so I ended up not hating the chip as much as when I first saw it.
Very interesting! I think the spot pattern might be what makes it very off-putting to me as well.

Last one, maybe.

While I respect everyone's opinion, and generally hold others' design opinions over my own because I am not a creative type, over time I've realized that the majority of what is liked and disliked falls into the "am I used to it" category. There's a standard, and generally, once people have seen something in repetition that builds up a tolerance in their mind's eye.

I've always wondered what a crew of professionals in the aesthetics/art world with no poker chip exposure would like and dislike about various lineups (that would be so cool!). For example, they would most definitely create something akin to "spot progression", and I'm guessing they would build entire theories and discussions around the variance in spots, meaning and value, how to build into a crescendo or purposefully using conflicting design spots, etc.

Out of curiosity:
I think the spot pattern might be what makes it very off-putting to me as well.
So I hate this spot pattern myself.
I really like the colors actually, I'm just not a fan of this spot pattern.
Why? Is it too overused or leaves a bad taste from the BTPs (which was a very love or hate set)? Do you not like the lack of a pointed/hard edged shape? Not enough real estate/depth towards chip center per spot? Too hard to fit into a set/maintain progression?

This is one hell of a chip, and I imagine some of the inspiration behind this chip?
View attachment 1084526

Very interesting! I think the spot pattern might be what makes it very off-putting to me as well.
Yep ALL the inspiration actually. Should’ve done chocolate despite having a brown 20

But yeah I really don’t like that pattern. Wish 8d18 was available

Last one, maybe.

While I respect everyone's opinion, and generally hold others' design opinions over my own because I am not a creative type, over time I've realized that the majority of what is liked and disliked falls into the "am I used to it" category. There's a standard, and generally, once people have seen something in repetition that builds up a tolerance in their mind's eye.

I've always wondered what a crew of professionals in the aesthetics/art world with no poker chip exposure would like and dislike about various lineups (that would be so cool!). For example, they would most definitely create something akin to "spot progression", and I'm guessing they would build entire theories and discussions around the variance in spots, meaning and value, how to build into a crescendo or purposefully using conflicting design spots, etc.

Out of curiosity:

Why? Is it too overused or leaves a bad taste from the BTPs (which was a very love or hate set)? Do you not like the lack of a pointed/hard edged shape? Not enough real estate/depth towards chip center per spot? Too hard to fit into a set/maintain progression?
Just a bit too whimsical for me. But it’s growing on me.

Last one, maybe.

Out of curiosity:

I just don't like rounded spots. I like my shit rough around the edges.

I've it was an 8v I'd be all over it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom